• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    NP : LARGO WINCH - Alexandre Desplat

cool

beer
  1. We need a film called "Key Largo Wench". Rahman can score. Just an weird thought.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Steven wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Still making my way threw the Jones box.

Cough.

Listen, and listen good dickahontas:

Stop being an ass hat, Justin!

-Erik-

The world would explode if that ever actually happened!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. True. And I think that his basic pride that is his rejected scores website has its reputation ruined after what he said about the Mission: Impossible scores.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010
    NP : STAR WARS : THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - John Williams

It really doesn't get much better than this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2010 edited
    Doctor Who - Series 4 - The Specials - Murray Gold

Gold's music works better on album than it does in the TV show, but still has all the subtlety of being hit in the face with a brick.
  3. Still on New Moon...I like how on the track "The Volturi", there's a brief minute-long explosion of furious action sandwiched about 2/3 into the piece, which is mostly low-key suspense. I think that brief 60-second section dispels once and for all the notion that Desplat can't write action music...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2010
    working on the new release The Deep from John Barry
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Still on New Moon...I like how on the track "The Volturi", there's a brief minute-long explosion of furious action sandwiched about 2/3 into the piece, which is mostly low-key suspense. I think that brief 60-second section dispels once and for all the notion that Desplat can't write action music...

It's not bad.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's modest. The score is mindblowing wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It has it's moments. I drags like hell in the middle of the album and never quite reaches the highest of it's wonderful main theme! In saying that, it's one of Desplat's more accessible and enjoyable albums.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Willow - James Horner

Is this where the infamous 4-note danger motif got its start?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No... much much earlier then that... but I think Willow is where Horner used it best!

-Erik-
  5. A Sight for Sore Eyes - Desplat

This deserves more attention than I think it's been getting. I think I like the suspenseful Desplat as much as (maybe slightly more than) the romantic Desplat.
  6. Hangover Square - Herrmann

Piano concerto! biggrin
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    It has it's moments. I drags like hell in the middle of the album and never quite reaches the highest of it's wonderful main theme! In saying that, it's one of Desplat's more accessible and enjoyable albums.

-Erik-

It's one of my least favourite of his. Mind you, for 'Dreamcatcher', 'Marry me' and 'To Volterra', I'll happily put it on.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  8. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    A Sight for Sore Eyes - Desplat

This deserves more attention than I think it's been getting. I think I like the suspenseful Desplat as much as (maybe slightly more than) the romantic Desplat.

What is this?
  9. franz_conrad wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    A Sight for Sore Eyes - Desplat

What is this?

A Sight for Sore Eyes, or Inquiétudes by its French title, is a 2003 thriller. I think I just searched for a torrent of Desplat's score to get a hold of it. As far as I know, it's not available for release in the States.
  10. Oh, yeah, Inquietudes. I know it well. I'd never seen that English title before. (Feels a bit forced.)
  11. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Hangover Square - Herrmann

Piano concerto! biggrin

Concerto Macabre...words fail to express how much I love this piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2010
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Willow - James Horner

Is this where the infamous 4-note danger motif got its start?

Booooooooooring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Hangover Square - Herrmann

Piano concerto! biggrin

Concerto Macabre...words fail to express how much I love this piece.

An excellent work.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Deep for review
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2010 edited
    The volume is up to 11 as I spinning "The Battle / To Dawg's Ship / Morgan Battles Dawg / Dawg's Demise / The Triumph" from Debney's great CutThroat Island!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    The volume is up to 11 as I spinning "The Battle / To Dawg's Ship / Morgan Battles Dawg / Dawg's Demise / The Triumph" from Debney's great CutThroat Island!!!

-Erik-

Noise!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    shocked
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  12. Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Noise!

if any noise is that thematic, rip roaring, epic and brilliantly bombastic, give me noise any day punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Noise!

By saying that you'd suggest that the track above is entirely dissonant and atonal. WRONG!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Cutthroat island gives me a headache too. Mighty fine score though; I just can't listen to more than 2 tracks in a row.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You know... those that say that CutThroat is all bombast really hasn't pay attention to the score especially the 2CD release which really opens up the score, allows it to breathe and provides some quieter more reflective cues not available of the first release. The original release, while excellent, was indeed action heavy and I can see how some might have difficulty getting through it all especially if they don't want to hear one superb action cue after another. So, I highly recommend checking out the Promethus 2CD set which, IMHO, plays significantly better than the single disc version. From start to finish Cutthroat is a well constructed score and is one of the all time best!

-Erik-