• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010
    NP : Castlevania Lord of Shadow - Oscar Araujo

First listen to this game score . It's very bombastic and has a regular use of choir . I'm 5 tracks in and liking it so far .

I also played the game demo on the PS3 the other day .
    The visuals in the game were stunning ! Seems like the days of the first Commodore and Atari are far behind us now ! wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Brainstorm - James Horner

Always a joy to return to the classics of the 80s. punk

Michael's Gift to Karen + Race For Time, two of Horner's best constructed cues of all time. love

This score is Horner nirvana, I so wish he would return to this earlier style of writing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE - Gabriel Yared

Thanks to D for turning me onto this gorgeous and blissful score cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yared is wonderful.......
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think I could accurately describe it as 'a rare beauty' wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Doctor Who Series 5 - Murray Gold

My first listen ... Great stuff so far ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    In My Sleep - Conrad Pope

My God, this is unbelievably good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Southall wrote

Yes!! beer
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Supernova - David Williams

This was the first thing I'd heard from Williams and it's stunningly well-composed music. Fantastic score overall with a surprising complexity to the orchestrations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    Southall wrote

My thoughts about this excellent score. Some extra thoughts HERE!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Yes, your thoughts are why I bought the score originally smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bitchin'

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Damn you three, you've sold me! I'm ordering it!! shocked

The Road - Cave and Ellis

4 or 5 great cues really elevate this score for me. Can't get enough of them. (Mostly 'The Road', 'The Cannibals', 'Memory', 'The Journey' and 'The Beach')
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010 edited
    NP : CONAN THE DESTROYER - Basil Poledouris

Very underrated due to it's magnificent predecessor but still better than almost all new scores.
  1. David OC wrote
    Damn you three, you've sold me! I'm ordering it!! shocked

The Road - Cave and Ellis

4 or 5 great cues really elevate this score for me. Can't get enough of them. (Mostly 'The Road', 'The Cannibals', 'Memory', 'The Journey' and 'The Beach')

'Memory' in particular is such a striking sequence for music in a film.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE - John Barry

Certainly different from my usual late listening, nevertheless, it's brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Monarch of the Glen - Simon Brint

An uplifting and wonderful score to one of my favourite BBC series .
    I feel like I'm in the highlands each time I play it .
    Just fabulous !
  2. Eric wrote
    NP : Monarch of the Glen - Simon Brint

An uplifting and wonderful score to one of my favourite BBC series .
    I feel like I'm in the highlands each time I play it .
    Just fabulous !

Is this anywhere to be found at a reasonable price? I see Amazon lists it as new from £180.00. Used is from £50.00
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I never even knew it had a release?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Sorry guys , the BBC Monarch CD has been out of print for quiete a while now .
    I picked mine up when the series was still airing .
    If you lucky enough to find a new copy it probably has an astronomical price like
    Alan said about the Amazon listing ...

Feel free to drop me a line if you're interested in it ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Monsignor - John Williams

Brilliant score featuring some excellent trumpet cues by the late, great Maurice Murphy. Eric Tomlinson's recording of the LSO is splendid! One of his finest! Great album!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

Brilliant score featuring some excellent trumpet cues by the late, great Maurice Murphy. Eric Tomlinson's recording of the LSO is splendid! One of his finest! Great album!

-Erik-

Have you seen the film Erik? I've heard that it's exceptionally bad, for that reason I've purposely avoided seeing the film as I don't want the love of this fantastic score tarnished for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Have you seen the film Erik? I've heard that it's exceptionally bad, for that reason I've purposely avoided seeing the film as I don't want the love of this fantastic score tarnished for me.

I saw about ten minutes of it on Youtube and wasn't interested in seeing the rest.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Big Country - Jerome Moross
    Tony Bremner conducting the Philharmonia Orchestra

It's great to hear this classic score in stereo sound!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Big Country - Jerome Moross
    Tony Bremner conducting the Philharmonia Orchestra

It's great to hear this classic score in stereo sound!

-Erik-

Ah, I was just thinking about this exact album ( see an upcoming thread of mine very soon ), utterly brilliant too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Aliens - James Horner

We're on an express elevator to hell - going down ! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    :like:
  3. Eric wrote
    NP : Aliens - James Horner

We're on an express elevator to hell - going down ! punk

You're playing the Deluxe Edition or the blu-ray isolated score there Eric? Still waiting for my Anthology to arrive. And the complete scores as they appear in the films are already floating around on the net.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I've only listened to it a couple of times, and I doubt it'll become as brilliant to my ears as to yours. Can't quite get into it, but it does have the typical Williams touch of the period.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I've only listened to it a couple of times, and I doubt it'll become as brilliant to my ears as to yours. Can't quite get into it, but it does have the typical Williams touch of the period.

Y'better pick that shield up again uhm