• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    To wet your appetite have a listen to some samples.
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/HumanTarget.html

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    Julie & Julia - Alex D

A lovely score for a lovely film, though I'm not sure (having watched it the other day) they quite go hand-in-hand together as I thought they would.
  1. Southall wrote
    Julie & Julia - Alex D

A lovely score for a lovely film, though I'm not sure (having watched it the other day) they quite go hand-in-hand together as I thought they would.

I haven't listened to that one yet. Is it light and jazzy like Giacchino's Ratatouille?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010
    I guess there are certain similarities. It's a bit more light classical, really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Enchanted - Alan Menken

In a time of great sadness, I can rely on the great Alan Menken to cheer me up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DANNY ELFMAN - the next three days

First listen, always a pleasure and a slight excitement with every new Elfman score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    DANNY ELFMAN - the next three days

First listen, always a pleasure and a slight excitement with every new Elfman score.

Kinda melancholic, Syriana meets Wanted. Modern and slick, piano driven and atmospheric. Enjoyed it.

Listening to

CHRISTOPHER DRAKE - Wonder woman (2010)

Those opening titles...the battle sequence......GODDAMNED!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Although the opening titles vividly reminded me of Judge Dredd wink This score rocks. punk (apart the slower, sampled orchestra underscore)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Conan the Barbarian (Basil Poledouris) - Complete Score

It has finally arrived! punk punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Although the opening titles vividly reminded me of Judge Dredd wink This score rocks. punk (apart the slower, sampled orchestra underscore)

The whole fucking things rules! It's right up there with the elite comic book film scores!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nah, it drags in the middle and afterwards. The opening cues and the last 5 cues are fantastic though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The whole fucking things rules! It's right up there with the elite comic book film scores!

-Erik-

Better than a lot of them I would say.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    NP Conan the Barbarian (Basil Poledouris) - Complete Score

It has finally arrived! punk punk

BY CROM! IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS! knight
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MARK McKENZIE - Blizzard

It's a crime that this man is not writing more frequently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nah, it drags in the middle and afterwards. The opening cues and the last 5 cues are fantastic though.

No, it doesn't!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    We aren't going to argue;) It surely contains 10 bloody amazing cues (At least) and that's brilliant these days!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Correction... it contains 22 bloody amazing cues!

-Erik-
  2. Southall wrote
    I guess there are certain similarities. It's a bit more light classical, really.

That's a good thing. I'm not really into jazz...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Now, now children.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    tongue
  3. Timmer wrote
    Now, now children.

"Hey, Chef!"

(at least, that's the first thing that comes to mind)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010
    NP: Human Target - Bear McCreary

Yep, it's a winner. Love it. Great as a stand alone listen. All 3 1/2 hours of it!

I've watched the first couple of episodes now and my feelings are mixed.
    There are times when the score compliments the scenes perfectly. And then there are times when I felt it was over scored. Too busy or distracting during the scene. But only a couple of times.
    I loved Bear's use of Taiko drums in Battlestar. It was part of the shows' musical identity.
    Once again he uses them here but I kinda wish he pulled back on them on this show.
    I know it's the "McCreary sound" established in BSG and also Dark Void, Caprica etc.
    But with various Battlestar guest actors on Human Target with Bear in "Battlestar Taiko mode" made it all a little weird. Maybe that's good? But I don't think it was the most original stylistic choice from Mr. McCreary.
    I'd just like to hear him use other forms of percussion and timpani in future.
    But that's all I have to gripe about. Because it's got far more pro's than cons.

All in all it's great, addictive, fun music that's a joy to return to again and again.
    And isn't that what it's all about?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I prefer his bsg sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I like that Bear can tackle any genre and any form of musical style and succeed with flying colours! Human Target is superb and I'm so happy to hear that he can master a fully symphonic action score as well also supplying other projects with more experimental and daring sounds the pushes the boundaries of film and TV music.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: INSIDE MAN - TERENCE BLANCHARD

cool
  4. The Last Airbender - Newton Howard

Cool overall, but it's kinda generic...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    NP: INSIDE MAN - TERENCE BLANCHARD

cool

One of the best 00's scores IMO. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    The Last Airbender - Newton Howard

Cool overall, but it's kinda generic...

It's okay but I expected more.
  5. Maybe it's because the themes aren't that explosive, but nothing really sticks out except the percussion sequences. I like those a lot.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a workman like score, to me it doesn't feel like there's any heart in it, I haven't seen the film but it had very bad reviews that picked up on bad acting, I wonder if that factors in the score?