• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2010
    Hmmm...you sound intriguing...but i'll be chasing you man, if this proves to be the crap i suspected! wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's an inspiring story. It's also based on a true story which makes it even more powerful. Afterward, I spent sometime read up on Michael Oher's story. It's fascinating.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Inspired by Jim Lochner's latest article I've decided to spin one of John Williams' finest dramatic scores; NIXON.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2010 edited
    NP: Paycheck - John Powell

Can the two Hog Chase cues be considered Powell's greatest? I think so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The High and the Mighty: A Century of Flight - Various Artists
    Richard Kaufman conducts the London Symphonmy Orchestra

An excellent compilation of themes from films that deal with flight; The Boy Who Could Fly, Spitfire, 633 Squadron, The Last Starfighter, The Tuskegee Airmen and a concert work by Brain Shyer called A Century of Flight. Solid performances, excellent sound quality... Overall, a really good listen!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2010
    On her majesty's secret service (Barry)

Nearly everyone seems to consider this one their favourite Bond score but I must admit I didn't really find it that special. It's a good score for sure, listenable throughout, with a great main theme song, but I feel that other Bonds have done it better.

My rating: ****

Unearthed (E.S. Posthumus)

A fantastic album. Nearly all the tracks are special in their own way and great listens.

My rating: *****

Cartographer (E.S. Posthumus)

Just started playing this. I remember being disappointed by this album when I first got it. Of course, after the first album and the long wait the expectations were huge, and that the first disc was a cheesy singing album was a bitter pill to swallow. Giving it another chance now, avoiding the first disc entirely, it's not a bad listen.

Peter smile

PS.Thanks to people mentioning The blind side. The trailer looks interesting, and I will check this movie out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Anthony wrote
    NP: Paycheck - John Powell

Can the two Hog Chase cues be considered Powell's greatest? I think so.

Especially the 2nd hog chase.

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What Bond scores do you consider better than On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Peter?

I would give it 4.5......only because of the Christmas tree song otherwise it would get a full 5/5.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    What Bond scores do you consider better than On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Peter?

I would give it 4.5......only because of the Christmas tree song otherwise it would get a full 5/5.

I just listened to You only live twice a few days ago and thought that it had a much stronger theme. My favourite Bond score is The living daylights though. I'd probably rate them:

OHMSS: ****
    YOLT: ****½
    TLD: *****

I'm not too familiar with the other Bonds yet, though I plan to familiarize myself more with them in the near future.

Is OHMSS your favourite, Timmer?

Peter smile

PS. Come on, the christmas_tree song is cute! christmas_reindeer
  1. It is cute. Overally I also give a 4,5 to OHMSS, but only because of the album sequencing, which is a bit dodgy and yes, I know the deal with the studios.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2010 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote

I just listened to You only live twice a few days ago and thought that it had a much stronger theme. My favourite Bond score is The living daylights though. I'd probably rate them:

OHMSS: ****
    YOLT: ****½
    TLD: *****

I'm not too familiar with the other Bonds yet, though I plan to familiarize myself more with them in the near future.

Is OHMSS your favourite, Timmer?

Peter smile

OHMSS is # 1 for me, in fact I've changed my mind, it gets 5 stars despite the christmas_tree song cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    plindboe wrote

It's not.

PawelStroinski wrote
    It is cute.

It's REALLY not.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me n' Martijn in agreement on a Barry track in the negative!? WoW! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    freezing I can see the first cracks in the fabric of reality...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    freezing I can see the first cracks in the fabric of reality...

Don't worry -- it's just Yivo. Love the tenticle already why don't ya?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - David Hirschfelder

First of all, what an awful title!

Secondly, this is my first listen and my hopes are high. This, next to Arnold's Narnia, is my most anticipated score of the year! Let's see how this goes...

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    *waits anxiously*
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
    Waiting, waiting ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sorry... made it through a few tracks but work got in the way. Hopefully, I can give it a go tomorrow!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    What! I've been waiting 16 hours and still no update! crazy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol

I'll have something written up for you later today!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I was listening to it earlier and I like it. Feels kinda generic but there's enough epic orchestral/choral material there to keep my attention up. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Predators - John Debney
    Worst score of the year? slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    NP: Predators - John Debney
    Worst score of the year? slant

I thnk Debney did a great job. He kept Silvestri's classic sound, updated it a bit, added his own flourishes. I think it's a good follow up to Predator and Predator 2.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010 edited
    Finished playing the score from the film with the hooters. wink I've been let down. sad Generic is right. Ordinary. Uninspired. A few action highlights but mostly forgettable including the Amazing Stories styled main theme.

Help me David Arnold... you're my only hope.

Moving on to...

NP: On The Beach - Christopher Gordon

Sublime!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's definitely not worst score of the year but it's mostly passable loud stuff without character, same as we always get from Debney lately. It has its moments though, just like a-team, (Silvestri). Forgettable but instantly enjoyable at parts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Hawaii Five-O - Morton Stevens

Groovy! cool

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Let's see what Brian Tyler does with that, although we practically know from now i guess wink
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Christodoulides wrote
    Let's see what Brian Tyler does with that, although we practically know from now i guess wink

the first episode was really good. good cast (especially the female part), good action, good humor. the music was typical brian tyler action music for this kind of modern action scenes. the score is co-written by keith power. and i think tyler did an awesome job with arrangement of the main title.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Brideshead Revisited: The Television Scores of Geoffrey Burgon

Sad that it took his death to prompt me to listen to this outstanding collection.