• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2010
    Love them, both of those scores. You have a very fine taste, sir beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. I'm a major Horner fan, mostly from his 80s and 90s output and maybe that's why House of Sand and Fog does nothing else than nearly put me to sleep. I admit I've never seen the film so I don't know the effect of the score on the visuals, but the album is one I've never bought, and I will never do so, not even because I'm a fan. But then there are some others he composed in the last ten years that I was never felt attracted to.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Once Upon a Time in the West - Ennio Morricone

Simply breathtaking.

I love Zimmer influences on it.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Gulliver's Travels - Henry Jackman

As far as RC animation scores go, it's in the middle of the pack. Not as outstanding as Chicken Run or Wallace & Gromit, but better than Madagascar. Southall's three star rating might be a bit harsh but also calling this score superb is a bit pushing it.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    KevinSmith wrote

As far as RC animation scores go, it's in the middle of the pack. Not as outstanding as Chicken Run or Wallace & Gromit, but better than Madagascar. Southall's three star rating might be a bit harsh but also calling this score superb is a bit pushing it.

Better than Madagascar...AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Even the shit of my Dog is better than Madagascar, dude!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    To be fair, Zoosters Breakout is an incredibly addictive track!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote

Is it as good as Bernard Herrmann's though?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

I've been missing this kind of comments. About time.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I've been missing this kind of comments. About time.

I never made this kind of escatological comments before.
  2. Escatological? lol

Boy, you're going to hell biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2010 edited
    INDY & THE LAST CRUSADE - THE MAESTRO

Currently the perfect listen for this new year's eve. I don't know what can top this, though some members might put suggestions here. beer

It's pure fun and emotion, this one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. The duo 'On the Tank' and 'Belly of the Steel Beast'... Jesus H Christ fucking unbelievable. punk punk punk

It's official: Last Crusade is now my favourite Indy score. cheesy

But Raiders & Doom come very close after it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a fabulous score but RAIDERS is still my fave.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. The thing that puts me off a little in Raiders is the creepy tomb music at the start of the album. Don't get me wrong, it works fantastic in the film to create the required mood, but on CD I just want to get them out of the way. After about half an hour, the score absolutely rocks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    angry wink
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. I humbly apologize, Indiana Woods!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    KevinSmith wrote

Loved it !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    I humbly apologize, Indiana Woods!

:whip:
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011
    It's 2011 here!

My first score of the year .....Conan The Barbarian. cool
  6. Angel - Philippe Rombi

Aural romantic poetry is my description of the score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    It's 2011 here!

My first score of the year .....Conan The Barbarian. cool

Brilliant choice beer

I'm not playing anything, off to bed.
  7. Arsene Lupin - Debbie Wiseman

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Excellent selections, Kevin!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Excellent selections, Kevin!

-Erik-

I know tongue

Beauty and the Beast - Alan Menken

One of his best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    On a roll!

-Erik-
  8. NP: Animal Kingdom (Anthony Partos)

Saw this strong film last night, and have got the score from itunes today. Music makes a strong impact on the film. Some will probably find the music too ambient/mood-driven to listen to alone, but it seems to work for me.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  9. Just finished watching Ponyo, yet another delightful Miyazaki film with a stellar score. Joe Hisaishi is a genius.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Frances - John Barry

One of the most beautiful film scores of all; a perfect start to 2011's film music listening.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    "Potter Waltz" from Doyle's Goblet of Fire. So shamelessly classical and romantic and uplifting, love it!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - Alexandre Desplat

Somehow I managed to hold out on playing my Christmas present until now, this is my first listen, I'm playing it very loud and I like what I'm hearing so far.