• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. NP: Once Fallen (Jeff Beal)

Way too gloomy and moody for my taste
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    John Chambers wrote
    Tron: Legacy

I just can't get enough of this, I can't count how many times I've played it this week. To me this is the greatest mix of electronics and orchestra ever concocted. The synth stuff is great, the orchestra even better and the join between them seamless!

NP : TRON : LEGACY - Daft Punk

What John said! beer punk

NP : TRON : LEGACY - Daft Punk

punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Genghis Khan, the new Kritzerland release.
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote

My favourite score in ages.

Mine too.

It really should have won the Oscar instead of Up.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  3. The Sheltering Sky - Ryuichi Sakamoto

First listen, it's not bad so far.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Sheltering Sky - Ryuichi Sakamoto

I think it's a lovely score, not up there with Little Buddha but still very lovely indeed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

I think it's a lovely score, not up there with Little Buddha but still very lovely indeed.

What he said wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. NP: Happy Now (Dario Marianelli)

first listen
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

What he said wink

The theme was very nice (a precursor to Snake Eyes perhaps?), it's just the rest of the score didn't really match it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Happy Now (Dario Marianelli)

first listen

Tell us how it is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    KevinSmith wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote

Mine too.

suicide
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Eric wrote
    NP : Resident Evil 5 - Kota Suzuki , Wataru Hokoyama

Since I'm playing this awesome game at the moment I was on the hunt for the score as well .
    This game soundtrack comprises of 3 CD's and has 86 tracks . I'm listening to the first one at the moment .
    Lots of athmospheric , eerie stuff combined with action cues and some ethnic sounds as well .
    Some of my favourite tracks of this first CD are Majini II , An Emergency (this tracks has some Horner 'Aliens' influences) , Executioner , The Crisis / Reinforcements , Burning With Anger . Gonna listen to the other 2 CD's later on . Maybe 86 tracks is a bit much but I'm shure you can pick your own favourites and make your own playlist ...

The 3CD set is far too much. I have the 7 track promo and it's a deadly listen! One of my favorite video game scores!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

first listen

Tell us how it is!

well, it consists of some lovely country like melodies (harmonica, bouncy types of music), and the other half of more serious low key dramatic cues (rather depressing at times)

I wouldn't really recommend it, except for an occasional nice track here and there

try some sound samples smile
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote

Mine too.

suicide

I'm sorry, I don't think your smiley is quite clear enough... moon
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    Eric wrote
    NP : Resident Evil 5 - Kota Suzuki , Wataru Hokoyama

Since I'm playing this awesome game at the moment I was on the hunt for the score as well .
    This game soundtrack comprises of 3 CD's and has 86 tracks . I'm listening to the first one at the moment .
    Lots of athmospheric , eerie stuff combined with action cues and some ethnic sounds as well .
    Some of my favourite tracks of this first CD are Majini II , An Emergency (this tracks has some Horner 'Aliens' influences) , Executioner , The Crisis / Reinforcements , Burning With Anger . Gonna listen to the other 2 CD's later on . Maybe 86 tracks is a bit much but I'm shure you can pick your own favourites and make your own playlist ...

The 3CD set is far too much. I have the 7 track promo and it's a deadly listen! One of my favorite video game scores!

-Erik-

I wasted a lot of my spare time once while listening to that 3 CD score... I was completely bored by it, not to mention all of the tracks were synthesized droning that gave me a headache. I much prefer the orchestral renditions, of which I made a 7-8 minute suite.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  9. PLEASANTVILLE - RANDY NEWMAN

Enchanting and wonderful music for a remarkable film! At only 31 minutes, this is a superb listen, it's been way too long and in the past I never gave this score the credit it deserves.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    PLEASANTVILLE - RANDY NEWMAN

Enchanting and wonderful music for a remarkable film! At only 31 minutes, this is a superb listen, it's been way too long and in the past I never gave this score the credit it deserves.

Do you know if the 8-minute suite found on the songs/score CD is just a stitching-together of tracks from the score release or something different?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  11. Don't know about an 8 minute cue Alan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    country like melodies (harmonica, bouncy types of music), and the other half of more serious low key dramatic cues (rather depressing at times)

I wouldn't really recommend it, except for an occasional nice track here and there

You don't even like The King's Speech, you're the wrong person to ask about scores like these wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  12. DreamTheater wrote
    Don't know about an 8 minute cue Alan.

The Work/Sony Music Soundtrax OK 69626 CD listed here. You can buy it as a download and was wondering if it was a good summary of the score CD release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  13. Dreamer - John Debney

It comes across as nice and straight forward Americana, but it is rather generic and can't compete with similar scores (like Racing Stripes).
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Beowulf~ Alan Silvestri

Back to Sparti again after half a month so I had to celebrate it with something big and loud!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Beowulf~ Alan Silvestri

Back to Sparti again after half a month so I had to celebrate it with something big and loud!

Good choice, mind if I join you? biggrin

NP : BEOWULF - Alan Silvestri

It's been too long since I played this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    KevinSmith wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote

Mine too.

Indeed.
  14. Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote

Mine too.

Indeed.

And you're right, it did need more of a proper ending after War.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

first listen

Tell us how it is!

well, it consists of some lovely country like melodies (harmonica, bouncy types of music), and the other half of more serious low key dramatic cues (rather depressing at times)

Thanks Thomas, i will. I always like to hear opinions from the mt people though smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote
    I wasted a lot of my spare time once while listening to that 3 CD score... I was completely bored by it, not to mention all of the tracks were synthesized droning that gave me a headache. I much prefer the orchestral renditions, of which I made a 7-8 minute suite.

confused Bored ?!
    Ok , 86 tracks is a lot to digest but there are some excellent tracks in there !
    I'm gonna make my own compilation of my fav's from it .
    The last Medal of Honor game score , that was boring in my book but each to his own .
    Luckily we all don't have the same tastes or it would be a boring world indeed my friend ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  15. Scribe wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    country like melodies (harmonica, bouncy types of music), and the other half of more serious low key dramatic cues (rather depressing at times)

You don't even like The King's Speech, you're the wrong person to ask about scores like these wink

but I've heard 2000 scores in my life, then I know exactly what's interesting and what's not tongue
  16. KevinSmith wrote
    Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote

Mine too.

Indeed.

And you're right, it did need more of a proper ending after War.

He should have put more of that amazing War music on CD. It would have been a great 25 minute finale at least.
  17. NP: Todo Se Cumple - Teresa, el Cuerpo de Cristo (Ángel Illarramendi)

Wonderful. Another wonderful main theme made by Illarramendi