• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2010
    .... wink Oh and the movie is about WHAT?! I didn't know about its premise! vomit
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    .........................exactly.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    So, basically like Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets? slant

Not like Chamber of Secrets which is a SUPERB score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2010 edited
    Whoa whoa whoa! You are going to base the score's validity on the premise of the movie? So by that logic George Fenton's VALIANT is a piece of crap? I mean, talking carrier pigeons in WWII? Yeah, that score must be rubbish.

rolleyes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    Scribe wrote

-Erik-

I've never found it to be particularly interesting outside of the Phoenix theme and the recycled material from HP1. What am I missing? The rest seems to be mostly mickey mousing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    Whoa whoa whoa! You are going to base the score's validity on the premise of the movie? So by that logic George Fenton's VALIANT is a piece of crap? I mean, talking carrier pigeons in WWII? Yeah, that score must be rubbish.

rolleyes

-Erik-

No, sorry, my comments weren't supposed to be a judgement on the score itself. It's just that the movie has enough hurdles to overcome by its very premise, without adding mickey mousing, and by implication scenes that need such music. It was a comment about the film, not the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

rolleyes

-Erik-

Who spoke about the score? We are talking about the PREMISE OF THE MOVIE, and in this case the premise sucks; it's ridiculous. And so do the reviews suggest http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/legend_ … uardians/.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

rolleyes

-Erik-

Who spoke about the score? We are talking about the PREMISE OF THE MOVIE, and in this case the premise sucks; it's ridiculous. And so do the reviews suggest http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/legend_ … uardians/.

I don't think the premise sucks at all... however, judging by the reviews the execution sucks. There's a good story to be told here but it looks like the creators didn't know how to tell it properly.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    They shoulda called the film HOOTERS...

HAHA...HAHAHAHAHA.....snort....HAHAHAHA....

:coat:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause
    beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Scribe wrote

-Erik-

I've never found it to be particularly interesting outside of the Phoenix theme and the recycled material from HP1. What am I missing? The rest seems to be mostly mickey mousing.

Three new themes... Fawkes The Phoenix, Chamber of Secrets and Gildory Lockhart (which is the weakest of the bunch because it's a copy and paste from Last Crusade) Dobby The House Elf gets a theme, too. The action material in this score is bloody magnificent. Reminds me of his colourful writing from Temple of Doom. I love the new flourish at the end of "Reunion of Friends" and "Harry's Wondrous World." And there's a lot of great stuff in between including the re-working of cues from the first film, great suspense cues, lighter more playful cues, etc. It's a dynamite album!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

Beat ya to it, Carlos Mencia.

wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Guess I will have to listen to it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Andes to Amazon - Nicholas Hooper.
    This is a really fun score with a nice main theme put through many paces.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

Beat ya to it, Carlos Mencia.

wink

-Erik-

No shit Mycroft.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh yeah... ummm.... errrrrr.... I've got nothing.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Ranietz wrote
    Eric wrote
    NP : Resident Evil - Marilyn Manson

You have to be in the mood for this one but I find it very athmospheric and it does the job perfectly in the movie ...

Is this the "band soundtrack" + 4 score tracks by Marilyn Manson or is there a score soundtrack out there? If I remember correctly the score was a collaboration between Marilyn Manson and Marco Beltrami.

This is the complete OST I was listening to . It's indeed a collaboration between Manson & Beltrami ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Eric wrote
    Ranietz wrote
    Eric wrote
    NP : Resident Evil - Marilyn Manson

You have to be in the mood for this one but I find it very athmospheric and it does the job perfectly in the movie ...

Is this the "band soundtrack" + 4 score tracks by Marilyn Manson or is there a score soundtrack out there? If I remember correctly the score was a collaboration between Marilyn Manson and Marco Beltrami.

This is the complete OST I was listening to . It's indeed a collaboration between Manson & Beltrami ... wink

Is it an official release or a bootleg? I have a 37 track bootleg but the quality is crap. sad
  1. The Golden Compass - Desplat

For a while, this was the lone Desplat scare that I wasn't really impressed with. But now I seem to have warmed to this as well. "Ice Bear Combat" is rip-roaring fun!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010
    I think it's a wonderful score that veers away from generic, cliched fantasy scoring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I loathe it... well, most of it, including "Ice Bear Combat." <-- That was rather trollish of me wasn't it? tongue Seriously, I can't stand that score.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Interesting, that.
    It's the only Desplat score I really like. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not a big fan of the score either.

BRUNO COULAIS - count of monte cristo

Absolutely gorgeous, lyrical and full of grand melodic themes. Impressive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not a big fan of the score either.

BRUNO COULAIS - count of monte cristo

Absolutely gorgeous, lyrical and full of grand melodic themes. Impressive.

Why have I never heard of this before now?? Want!

NP: Lost: The Final Season
    How is this so good?
    Giacchino has clearly made a deal with the devil.
    To bring music from the heavenly realms down to earth.
    To deceive the minds of men.
    To make them think they can become unLost.

St. Peter: How dare you abandon your faith for the lie that All Men Can Be Saved?
    Me: The Music made me do it!

this post is not a reflection of the views of Scribe, Inc. and no conclusions should be drawn from it

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Haunting - Jerry Goldsmith

A lot better than I remembered.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Haunting - Jerry Goldsmith

A lot better than I remembered.

-Erik-

Perhaps there's hope for me too then? ( We both had similar opinions that changed on Medicine Man )

I'll have to give it another spin, I don't think I've played it for at least 10 yrs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010 edited
    The Haunting is a lot of atmosphere but for some reason guys like Williams, Goldsmith and Horner do it so well and always keep it interesting. The big finale cue "Finally Home" is pretty spectacular. There are hints of Poltergeist thrown in and the lullaby heard in "Home Safe" is reminiscent of "Carol Ann's Theme." Overall, I think this is a pretty underrated Goldsmith gem.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll definitely dig this out ( it's in storage ) and give it a play over the weekend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2010 edited
    Moving on to the mammoth...

NP: Trinity and Beyond - Lennie Moore / John Morgan / William Stromberg

A huge, powerful, thematic, epic orchestral/choral score with a Golden Age sensibility! Bloody magnificent!

-Erik-