• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010
    NP: Glory Road - Trevor Rabin

it's one of my favourite scores by rabin. great heroic themes and wonderful emotional parts performed by guitar, piano and solo vocals. sadly the vocal parts by alicia keys are replaced by another singer on the promo and some parts from the final game are also missing. but all emotional parts are in there and that is great. fantastic score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I am not saying that Modern Warfare 2 is any good, just quoting the composer's opinion on it.

Hans worked 7 months on Sherlock, sorry wink. I actually like Sherlock. Not perfect, some cues do have awkward moments, but I do like Sherlock.

Doesn't matter how many months; it's still not good.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. To me and a few other people it is quite good and it basically renders the theory that it's been rushed wrong.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2010
    RICHARD HARVEY - colditz

I think it was pretty much self-evident that the man who wrote the kyrie for the magdalene for Da Vinci Code, would also write some seriously good orchestral music on its own too! Very, very impressive and dramatic, string-driven, full of themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Black Bird - Jerry Fielding

I was a bit wary about this one based on the description which accompanied the release, but it's turned out to be an absolute barnstormer of an album which I can't stop playing. It's Fielding doing a spoof of golden age noir scores, it's full of glorious old-fashioned melodies and one of my favourite releases of the year.
  2. Jim Ware wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    From the looks of things, the alternate 'Breaking of the Fellowship' isn't on there. A shame if so?

Maybe that's for a "Complete Rarities Archive" further on down the line? wink

It's already out there on the FOTR EE DVD (as is the alternate appearance of Gandalf the White from TTT) - there was a conscious effort to avoid duplication, except to add some context to a few of the alternate cues.

That's one way of looking it. I've been hoping something with solid sound would come along. I do find it ironic that in a series which has somehow released more music than any other film series ever made, they overlooked that treat. (It beats - to me - both the original album version of the piece, and the version of the 'Breaking' that actually appeared in the film, as a musical experience.) I wasn't likely to buy the Rarities archive anyway, but I'm slightly less so now.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2010 edited
    ATTICUR ROSS and TRENT REZNOR - the social network movie

Those familiar with Reznor's work in NINE INCH NAILS all these years will find no surprises here. Dark, brooding electronica combined with industrial elements, strongly resembling the moody and at times frantic musical atmosphere of FIGHT CLUB. Occasional groovy pieces like "pieces from the whole" or "carbon prevails" are also included, clearly in the electronic side of things.
  3. Timmer wrote
    NP : INCEPTION - Hans Zimmer

Superb, who'd a thought I'd say my favourite score of the year would be a score by Hans Zimmer? Wonders never cease.

Yeah I love this score. I'm often compelled to just stick on "Dream is Collapsing", wonderful track!
  4. Scribe wrote
    NP: Lost, the Final Season

"Moving On" for cue of the year?

Gets my vote!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    John Chambers wrote
    Scribe wrote
    NP: Lost, the Final Season

"Moving On" for cue of the year?

Gets my vote!

Mine here, absolutely beautiful.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

Those familiar with Reznor's work in NINE INCH NAILS all these years will find no surprises here. Dark, brooding electronica combined with industrial elements, strongly resembling the moody and at times frantic musical atmosphere of FIGHT CLUB. Occasional groovy pieces like "pieces from the whole" or "carbon prevails" are also included, clearly in the electronic side of things.

sleep
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Christodoulides wrote

How is the full album compared to the 5 track sampler? (which I liked) Just more of the same stuff?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, every piece has its own motif and character so it's not all the same, but under the same style pretty much. If you liked the sampler you'll like the album too, esp. if you're previously familiar with Trent's work.
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Yeah. I'm a big fan of Trent/NIN so I probably buy the whole album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, it's a good NIN album.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : PEGGY SUE GOT MARRIED - John Barry

Lovely, short and bittersweet score, I've no idea if there's a lot of score in the film, it's been decades since I saw it.

I saw it a couple of years ago. Not that much score in the film, but a bit more which would be nice to have on CD - the (very lovely) score needs a decent remastering job.

It does indeed, the sound is very poor.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2010 edited
    I read 178 posts....let me see....

The Haunting (Goldsmith) Atmospheric? I don't think so. It's the blockbuster version of Poltergeist. So everytrack is an action rollercoaster or a lovely pice.

INCEPTION(Zimmer) : Glad you like it, Timmer. This score has growed a lot on me. I think it's a fantastic soundscape. It doesn't beat " A dark knight " ( I mean this specific track) as my favourite electronic Zimmer stuff, but it is highly enjoyable and interesting work.

Sherlock Holmes (Zimmer): 7 months and the result is one of the best Zimmer scores ever. A mix between Peacemaker and as good as it gets.

Call of duty modern warfare 2: pure shit.

Medal of Honor (Djwadi) : pure shit trying to be something else.

The Owl's score (Harajkljfl) : Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ST: The Final Frontier (Goldsmith) : I only can say good things about this score, but at the same time somthing doesn't work for me. Perhaps it's because I saw the movie, or because I find this "innnocence" theme played by a dated synth really annoying.

And I didn't listen "Lost the final season", "Pilars of the earth" , the tudors", "the town", ...yet. More interested in "the prophet" thoought.

NP: the 13th Warrior (Goldsimth)

God, this score is so damn good!

Epic, exotic, dark, agressive, heroic...

"underwater scape" of 1 minute 30 seconds beat every score of the last 3 months.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin Where have you been btw?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TRAINSPOTTING - Various Artists

One of the great compilation soundtracks, excellent! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    biggrin Where have you been btw?

searching for a decent score... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    applause
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote

Huh? You keep posting Youtube videos on Facebook labeling them "Badass music" etc. confused
  5. That's what happens, when you have the composer as a Facebook friend wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Huh? You keep posting Youtube videos on Facebook labeling them "Badass music" etc. confused

applause
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jordi you're double-personality bi-polar looney i am sure man wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Lovely, short and bittersweet score, I've no idea if there's a lot of score in the film, it's been decades since I saw it.

I saw it a couple of years ago. Not that much score in the film, but a bit more which would be nice to have on CD - the (very lovely) score needs a decent remastering job.

The film is on Film 4 tomorrow...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: QUANTUM OF SOLACE - David Arnold

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

The film is on Film 4 tomorrow...

I may well check it out.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    NP: QUANTUM OF SOLACE - David Arnold

cool

Good score but still haven't seen the film and really not bothered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    The Haunting (Goldsmith) Atmospheric? I don't think so. It's the blockbuster version of Poltergeist. So everytrack is an action rollercoaster or a lovely pice.

ST: The Final Frontier (Goldsmith) : I only can say good things about this score, but at the same time somthing doesn't work for me. Perhaps it's because I saw the movie, or because I find this "innnocence" theme played by a dated synth really annoying.

FAIL!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!