• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    DemonStar wrote
    Breakout from Dinosaur sounds very much like an original JNH cue to me (as far as I know tongue ) though The Courtship has chants very similar to those in The Lion King. Compare those towards the end of King of Pride Rock with it. It's not exactly a copy-paste but it's very similar. wink

I think that's what Demetris meant, though if he'd taken the time to listen to 'Breakout' he'd know he was wrong. tongue biggrin
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    I don't know which was a copy of what, but Breakout sounds really similar to something else. It was subtle in the other music, and I'm still mad I can't remember what it was. I felt so clever noticing it a few years ago. I posted about it on a different forum and they agreed.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2008
    Whether intentional or not, or maybe it's just Williams writing, there's a tiny little segment of Nocturnal Activities in A Whirl Through Academe. I shall have to get the timings up when I can as I only heard it while in the car. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Whether intentional or not, or maybe it's just Williams writing, there's a tiny little segment of Nocturnal Activities in A Whirl Through Academe. I shall have to get the timings up when I can as I only heard it while in the car. wink

Ooh, that's really interesting! I haven't noticed that! Please post MP3s when you get the chance!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    Right, McNeely's trying to be John Williams again...

Raiders Of The Lost Ark > Iron Will

And there's the above mentioned Temple/Kingdom similarity...listening to it now though it's not actually that similar, and I doubt it's intentional.

Indy And The Temple Of Doom > Indy And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote

Those two are very similar!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Anthony wrote

Those two are very similar!

They are friggin' identical. McNeely's rip of the Nazi motif is shameless.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    McNeely's rip of the Nazi motif is shameless.

Ah, so that's what that motif is. I haven't seen the film for a while, but I recognized that motif, and wasn't sure who or what it's actually associated with.
  1. Panthera wrote
    I don't know which was a copy of what, but Breakout sounds really similar to something else. It was subtle in the other music, and I'm still mad I can't remember what it was. I felt so clever noticing it a few years ago. I posted about it on a different forum and they agreed.

I've heard that it's similar to a theme from Vertical Limit.

To DemonStar re: The Lion King - Lebo M. did the choral arrangements to DInosaur too, so it's an obvious thing here.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Panthera wrote

I've heard that it's similar to a theme from Vertical Limit.

To DemonStar re: The Lion King - Lebo M. did the choral arrangements to DInosaur too, so it's an obvious thing here.

Yeah, portions of Dinosaur sound like Lion King revisited wink

As for McNeely and his "relationship" with Williams' music, that's no biggy; several people *cough* like to go the Keep walking Johnny way noways here and then *cough* Debney *cough*
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    PawelStroinski wrote

Yep I know that biggrin
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008
    It wasn't the vocals. It was the melody. It was almost identical in the other score, but like I said I forgot which one. It's just something to look for.
  2. Danny Elfman :

Waterboy II

Unless it's Helllady !

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/~hybrid/Copy … lboyII.mp3

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008 edited

You didn't link the whole URL.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fixed.
  3. Yeah, sorry, it was my bad... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008 edited
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Yeah, sorry, it was my bad... biggrin

Yep, it's OK. wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    Mark Mancina's SPEED

David Arnold's GODZILLA

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008 edited
    I miss this thread...it's really fun, but I feel a lot of people aren't sure how to cut clips. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Danny Elfman :

Waterboy II

Unless it's Helllady !

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/~hybrid/Copy … lboyII.mp3

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes vomit

Now that's a real copy and paste ! I'm uncomfortable with what Elfman did...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008 edited
    What about this? Or is still a no-go territory? rolleyes

1) 20. GONZALEZ from MAN ON FIRE (HARRY GREGSON WILLIAMS) (2004)

2) 2. MAIN TITLES from DEATH RACE (PAUL HASLINGER) (2008)

Listen to the guitar motif and count the beats in the meter wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nope D, that's definitely a stolen one! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Pshhh, both stole from Nine Inch Nails "The Mark Has Been Made". The Death Race cue lifts from the whole NIN track, while MOF take the guitar riff and some of the sound.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Williams is at it again!

The Lost World into Harry Potter
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009 edited
    I killed this thread over a year ago?! shocked

I hereby give it new life with Michael Giacchino on Lost and Turning Point, and SWON and Star Trek.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    SWON and Star Trek.

Good one!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. This film score blog has a feature called "Twins" where it provides exampels of the same thing being discussed in this thread:

http://blofeldscat.livejournal.com/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009
    Ah, a good friend of mine runs that blog! cheesy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010
    I recently noticed, some of Rescuing The Princess from William Ross' Tale Of Despereaux sounds very similar to Joel Mcneely's Seven Footer Chase from Virus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DemonStar wrote
    I recently noticed, some of Rescuing The Princess from William Ross' Tale Of Despereaux sounds very similar to Joel Mcneely's Seven Footer Chase from Virus.

There's quite a bit of temp track love in Despereaux.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But it's a good score nevertheless.