• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Nightflyers

CDs will begin shipping the week of October 4.

Limited Edition of 1000 copies

Music Composed by Doug Timm

It is impossible to discuss the music from Nightflyers (1987) without acknowledging the heartbreaking story that goes along with it. Nightflyers is the only soundtrack album by composer Doug Timm, who was tragically murdered in Los Angeles just two years later, still at what should have just been the beginning of his career. At the time of the film's release, Doug was proud to have his score released as a Varèse Sarabande soundtrack album. We are now proud to bring his music to CD for the first time and remember this composer whose career ended just as it was beginning.

The film is about a group of scientists who begin a space voyage to find a mysterious alien creature, and in the process are victimized by the ship's malevolent computer. The film was directed by Robert Collector, and stars Catherine Mary Stewart, Michael Praed, and John Standing. Timm was tasked with evoking the musical worlds of Blade Runner and Alien with nothing but his own array of synthesizers.

Though not well-remembered all these years later, Nightflyers does have its devoted fans and we are happy to introduce this lovely music to a new generation.

1. Main Title (1:52)
    2. Back To The Ship (2:09)
    3. Crew Exit (1:28)
    4. Miranda's Theme (2:54)
    5. Abduction (2:17)
    6. Laser Attack (2:23)
    7. Royd's Exit (2:27)
    8. Lift-Off (1:51)
    9. Adara (2:23)
    10. Crew's New Home (1:16)
    11. Depressurization (2:32)
    12. Watching Montage (2:30)
    13. Ship Powers Up (2:20)
    14. Hypnotic Trance (2:28)
    15. Keelor's Flight (1:39)
    16. Royd's Rescue (1:06)
    17. Enter The Warren (3:04)
    18. Audrey And Daryl (3:01)
    19. Adara's Resurrection (3:16)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2017
  2. By God, you do find the most obscure of threads when you're drunk. christmas_drunk < not New Year's, but only off by a week so it's OK
  3. Witness Southall's amazing power to talk to the dead. I guess he sees dead people, which probably means Bruce Willis is behind him. Quickly, Southall, turn around!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  4. No, Who is on first base.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've no idea what you're on about. Are you drunk?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2017 edited
    Southall wrote
    I've no idea what you're on about. Are you drunk?

I think What's on second. The shortstop may be Drunk.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn