• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2010 edited
    Doesn't Julie have a lot of pictures?

World Soundtrack Awards
    http://www.filmfestival.be/features2.cg … mp;lang=en

John Barry in Concert
    http://www.filmfestival.be/features2.cg … mp;lang=en

(they're updated)
    Kazoo
  1. Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anyway, to all, thanks for an amazing weekend, it was excellent! this because I had the chance to sleep next to Bregt for 2 TIMES punk

There is a condom story in there. Those who were there, know what I'm talking about. Those who weren't... Your turn to try to find out what it is.

Elin

ah, the good old condom story, I'm afraid Bregt will never release that famous photograph, ever wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. BobdH wrote
    There's an essential quote you're leaving out here:

"Bregt and I will make out in the morning" - Thomas.

'S all I'm saying. Think the rest pretty much speaks for itself.

Bob, have you heard of the saying: what happens in Ghent stays in Ghent? wink
  3. Hey guys, I decided to chime in... it was a good and memorable concert but sadly I wasn't there for a long time afterwards. So I didn't actually get to know everyone, and I wanted to say some things to Thor but I chickened out or forgot about it, don't know why. I guess I was feeling like a fifth wheel, coming in late and all.

So next year I intend to be for a longer time than I've been on saturday. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2010
    Closing piece (The Magnificent 7)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHPX8UOdPbM
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010
    Coverage of the World Soundtrack Awards 2010 in Ghent, Part 1:

http://montages.no/2010/11/world-soundt … sh;-del-1/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010 edited
    The photo of all the composers looks either like a film music fan's wet dream University Challenge or of a photo of some huge war crimes trial.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...

By the way, at 0:16 in the video at the end you can see myself and Bregt (with a bag) talking (Elin and Bob too).

But Thomas G. is really all over the background in the Badalamenti segments! :D
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'm always visible with a bag. It's grown into my spine.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The photo of all the composers looks either like a film music fan's wet dream University Challenge or of a photo of some huge war crimes trial.

It really was. Best line up!
    Kazoo
  4. Thor wrote
    He, he...

By the way, at 0:16 in the video at the end you can see myself and Bregt (with a bag) talking (Elin and Bob too).

But Thomas G. is really all over the background in the Badalamenti segments! :D

hehe, I'm completely visible indeed wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    I'm always visible with a bag. It's grown into my spine.

So, you'll pretty much, the......Baginator?

------>coat----->
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010 edited
    Coverage of the World Soundtrack Awards 2010 in Ghent, Part 2:

http://montages.no/2010/11/world-soundt … sh;-del-2/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    The guest list of composers from the top shelf, an extremely tight and committed performance by Dirk Bross and Soft Sell Philharmonic, a spectacular show, the whole frame and around the town festival. Ikke bare er det en forbilledlig oppvisning i kulturekstravaganse; the World Soundtrack Awards har også blitt en meget viktig institusjon for en kunstform som blir så altfor, altfor sjelden verdsatt i det offentlige rom. Not only is it an exemplary display of cultural extravaganza, the World Soundtrack Awards has become a very important institution for an art form that is far too, far too rarely appreciated in the public domain. Personlig har jeg ikke landet mentalt ennå. Personally, I have not landed yet mentally.

cool
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    The Soft Sell Philharmonic!! Yeah, baby!!

biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010
    I was on the radio today, at NRK (Norway's biggest broadcasting corporation), to talk about WSA. It will air later today.

We also made what will be a full, half hour special on the Film Music Year 2010, to be aired later.

Cool! I love it when I get to spread the gospel across this film music developing country that is Norway.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

biggrin

Is their version of Tainted Love any good?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

biggrin

Is their version of Tainted Love any good?

wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    And here's the radio interview, although it probably doesn't make much sense to anyone (you can listen to the music clips!):

http://soundcloud.com/musikkredaksjonen … lmmusikkfe
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010 edited
    Don't think I chimed in here, yet. Great meeting up with you guys again and meeting new people! Looking forward to next year.
    And many thanks to mastermind Bregt for organizing the get-togethers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    Film music city Ghent will present a unique concert in Tallinn on 2 December

On 2 December 2010 the Ghent Film Festival will present in cooperation with the city of Ghent, the province of East Flanders, the Flemish Community and Fluxys a concert in Tallinn featuring film music by Gabriel Yared, Shigeru Umebayashi and Arvo Pärt. The concert will take place on the eve of the European Film Awards in the Estonian capital, which is also the European Capital of Culture 2011 and a twin town of Ghent. Gabriel Yared will attend the concert as guest of honour.

Moreover, on 4 December, the European Film Academy as part of the annual presentation of the prestigious European film awards will present him with the European Achievement in World Cinema Award. As usual the excellent musicians of the Brussels Philharmonic – the Orchestra of Flanders are on hand as performers. Dirk Brossé will conduct. The concert will be broadcast on the classical music channel of the Estonian State Radio.

http://www.filmfestival.be/about2.cgi?g … mp;lang=en
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    I'm getting deja-vu wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2011
    I just received a telecast of the concert from Elin! Thanks again, it made my day. Takes me back to what is easily one of the greatest cultural events in my life.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Cool !! Isn't Elin simply adorable? cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    Cool !! Isn't Elin simply adorable? cool

Thank you for recognizing the adorableness that is me biggrin .
    And for thinking that I'm cool, but just for the record, I don't smoke spin

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  7. What's so uncool about not smoking?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  8. PawelStroinski wrote
    What's so uncool about not smoking?

I don't know, but apparently, the cool smiley feels the need to smoke. He'll probably die quicker than the other smileys, but hey, it's his valid life choice, as long as he doesn't do it around me in a enclosed of area... wink

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Surely it's a spliff!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It's a remainder of the scorereviews.com forum. I'll never find smoking cool.

As for Thor's gift: very cool! punk
    Hopefully it gets shared around in Belgium too. angelic
    Kazoo