• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    24 went well over it's 'sale by'.

not for me wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010
    ...why doesn't that surprise me? rolleyes wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    24? srsly.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Timmer wrote
    ...why doesn't that surprise me? rolleyes wink

oh, you really want to go there? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Some of the best TV I've ever seen was in Battlestar Galactica. The first few seasons were dynamite.

The Sopranos was masterful! Nothing more I can add that would do the show justice.

Dexter is right now my TV addiction. Just when you think the writers have done all they can with the character they reel you in with one nail bitter after another. Dexter Season 2 is still the single best season of TV I've ever seen!

For while Lost was easily one of the finest shows out there. But once you got a sense that the writers themselves were lost in their convoluted storyline I just didn't care any more. Season 1, like Dexter, was some of the best TV I've ever seen.

I'm digging The Walking Dead but I'm starting to get worried that the writers are running out of ideas alas probably why they were fired.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, LOST, 24, FIREFLY....all wonderful shows.

Although none of them stand a candle to TWIN PEAKS, of course, which I just now finished going through.

Currently following STARGATE: UNIVERSE, FRINGE and THE WALKING DEAD while I wait for more DR. WHO, V and PRIMEVAL next year.

Here in Norway, everyone raves about MAD MEN, which I've yet to see.

Never cared much for SOPRANOS, to be honest.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DR.HOUSE
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Some of the best TV I've ever seen was in Battlestar Galactica. The first few seasons were dynamite.

The Sopranos was masterful! Nothing more I can add that would do the show justice.

Dexter is right now my TV addiction. Just when you think the writers have done all they can with the character they reel you in with one nail bitter after another. Dexter Season 2 is still the single best season of TV I've ever seen!

For while Lost was easily one of the finest shows out there. But once you got a sense that the writers themselves were lost in their convoluted storyline I just didn't care any more. Season 1, like Dexter, was some of the best TV I've ever seen.

I'm digging The Walking Dead but I'm starting to get worried that the writers are running out of ideas alas probably why they were fired.

-Erik-

DEXTER season 2 was brilliant! I'm still waiting to see season 4 which I've heard is very good.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    DR.HOUSE

This is on the wrong night for me but, Mel says it's excellent.

Isn't it just simply called HOUSE though, D?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I guess shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Scrubs, Lost, BSG, Dead Like Me and Dexter for me!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Sci-fi drama : BSG cool
    Suspense & Action : 24
    Pure Drama : E.R.
    Comedy : Fawlty Towers, Married With Children & Entourage biggrin

And for childhood nostalgia's sake : The A-Team shame

The West Wing, Soprano's, The Wire, all I have to see at some point, but am afraid of not having the time to do so... sad

And why in bloody hell do we still do this in this particular topic. Bregt? You haven't complained once... rolleyes
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    This thread is the very definition of MT and is according to the laws.wink
    Kazoo
  3. The laws of what? Internet anarchy?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    The laws of what? Internet anarchy?

I believe it's MT law # 2

All MT members have the right to hijack any thread with an unrelated subject biggrin
  4. OK, that's why I've been able to do so very often without the Bregt-police on my tail... Thanks for reminding me mate! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010
    Explore the world of TRON: LEGACY, a high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever seen or heard.

In this exclusive sound for film profile we talk with Sound Re-Recording Mixer Gary Rizzo, Supervising Sound Editor Gwen Yates Whittle, and Sound Designer Steve Boeddeker.

http://soundworkscollection.com/tronlegacy
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010
    Wow! Very cool! Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010
    Tron: Legacy soundtrack is at Amazon MP3 for $3.99 for a limited time.

There's an extra 2:41 minute "Amazon exclusive" track, Sea of Simulation.

http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Exclusive-Ve … n_20101206
  5. And that extra track is worth having.

And hearing the extra 12 minutes of music that is on the second CD that is available in the "special edition".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've just downloaded the score.

Holy crap, that's some funky shit right there!

The INCEPTION vibes are obvious, but it also has some superb string writing and cool grooves. It's clean and dirty-sounding at the same time!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Great score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    One of the best scores of the year.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me WANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010 edited
    It is a very good score with some great highlights! And yeah, I'm glad I have the Sea of Simulation track now. It's a nice addition. Groovy and relaxing. And then the orchestra at the end = really pretty. smile

I'm curious... I found this in the linear notes: "Daft Punk would like to thank: Brian Loucks, Hans Zimmer, John Powell, Harry Gregson-Williams and Christophe Beck for their generosity.

What exactly were they generous with? Equipment? Samples? They didn't do any additional music or anything did they?

...Ah hang on, the album was mixed at Remote Control Productions' studio. So that covers Zimmer at least.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010 edited
    Feliz wrote

I'm curious... I found this in the linear notes: "Daft Punk would like to thank: Brian Loucks, Hans Zimmer, John Powell, Harry Gregson-Williams and Christophe Beck for their generosity.

What exactly were they generous with? Equipment? Samples? They didn't do any additional music or anything did they?

The themes they stole from them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    The themes they stole from them.

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010
    Feliz wrote
    It is a very good score with some great highlights! And yeah, I'm glad I have the Sea of Simulation track now. It's a nice addition. Groovy and relaxing. And then the orchestra at the end = really pretty. smile

...Ah hang on, the album was mixed at Remote Control Productions' studio. So that covers Zimmer at least.

And...

Toby Chu, who was/is(?) Harry's assistant, orchestrated and arranged a good part of the score.
  6. I'm thinking on buying it, haven't even heard it yet ... shame

but gonna listen to it soon smile
  7. You dig new style Zimmer and you dig 80s sound effects.

'nuff said...