• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. DreamTheater wrote
    You dig new style Zimmer and you dig 80s sound effects.

'nuff said...

okay, I'm intruiged smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2010
    Dammit... I wish I wasn't so busy with real work because I was planning to have Tron and the new Narnia score up on my show last week. Argh! I'm finishing up a major project today so hopefully I'm have some time to record and edit and show tomorrow and get it on line ASAP for you all to hear. Tron is truly spectacular!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. man, I got to have this Tron baby it seems, everyone says its awesome. And I haven't heard it yet crazy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    And I haven't heard it yet crazy

yeah, instead of listening to scores you're always putting your free time into writing for that stupid website, what's it called again? tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    And I haven't heard it yet crazy

yeah, instead of listening to scores you're always putting your free time into writing for that stupid website, what's it called again? tongue

Oh Snap.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  5. The Power?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2010 edited
    Just saw the film.

It's quite mediocre. Not horribly bad, but not really very good either.

The 3D effects are nowhere near as engrossing as AVATAR, the action setpieces are OK, the CGI Jeff Bridges just proves that CGI has NOT come long enough to replicate real humans yet, the story is uneven.

But the score is awesome, as we already know. It really creates 75% of the film's total value.

I think I'll be writing a montages article on it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2010
    Does anyone have a tracklist which includes the bonus tracks in film order? (or a better album order anyway)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    The Dude is someone who should never have gotten the computer-generated treatment. It's definitely not cool! And judging from the trailer a little weird looking. I thought the Na'vi look more realistic than the Dude.

But I am looking forward to the film. What attracts me the most is the whole look of it.

I'll just have to go watch the first Tron before seeing this one.

But why do we have to wait a whole month? Doesn't make sense in this age of internet piracy!!! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Dude is someone who should never have gotten the computer-generated treatment. It's definitely not cool! And judging from the trailer a little weird looking. I thought the Na'vi look more realistic than the Dude.

Indeed, the Na'vi is in a whole other class. CGI Jeff is just embarassing, not far removed from Zemeckis' POLAR EXPRESS. Although the prospect of having a younger version of oneself playing against the current one is tantalizing. Once they get it to work convincingly, that is.

I should note that I had not seen the original before I went to this press screening. Maybe I should have....perhaps that would have made it better, I don't know.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. The Polar Express is a fine animated movie with animated characters, and to not see them as realistic humans makes it much better IMO. It's also one of the best christmas-spirited films I've ever seen. Plus the score is wonderful!

Does it actually matter not having seen the original? I can imagine many people going to see this without even knowing about Tron.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Polar Express is a fine animated movie with animated characters, and to not see them as realistic humans makes it much better IMO. It's also one of the best christmas-spirited films I've ever seen. Plus the score is wonderful!

I find it sickeningly maudlin and tacky, American clichées at their worst. But to each their own. Nice score, though.

Does it actually matter not having seen the original? I can imagine many people going to see this without even knowing about Tron.

Welll, there are a lot of references to the earlier film in this one (which all flew over my head), so I'm guessing they were inserted for extra pleasure for those who have a nostalgic connection to it. When you don't have that, you're not left with much, unfortunately.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I agree with Thor on Polar Express, the saccharine levels are 11+

I never want to see it again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2010
    My boy LOVES The Polar Express so screw you all! wink I really like it, too.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The Polar Express is a fine animated movie with animated characters, and to not see them as realistic humans makes it much better IMO. It's also one of the best christmas-spirited films I've ever seen. Plus the score is wonderful!

I find it sickeningly maudlin and tacky, American clichées at their worst. But to each their own. Nice score, though.

Sounds like a great Christmas flick. Great looking in 3D Imax too.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2010
    Saw the movie. Score is jaw-droppingly GREAT.

It's spell-binding, to say the least. It weaves in electronics with orchestra flawlessly, and the complexity of the music is nice and far above what Zimmer and Co. could do. Just... wonderful.

Tron Legacy is THE score of 2010.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2010
    Nice, nice!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Matt C wrote
    Saw the movie. Score is jaw-droppingly GREAT.

It's spell-binding, to say the least. It weaves in electronics with orchestra flawlessly, and the complexity of the music is nice and far above what Zimmer and Co. could do. Just... wonderful.

Tron Legacy is THE score of 2010.

I agree. I think that if I have to choose between Inception and Tron, I'll choose Tron. Sounds much more orchestral, memorable and enjoyable. And I'm someone who truly loves Zimmer's score for Inception.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2010
    I agree that DP's orchestral work here is much better than what comes from RC. It sounds so organic and blends seamlessly with the electronics. Quite surpassed my expectations, really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2010
    Well, they're at their game; most inexperienced younger film composers' output feels completely out of their league when they mix orchestra with electronics, often resulting into shameful mess.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    Saw the movie tonight and while the film was a messy pile of crap the score was AWESOME. Loudest music mix EVER! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010 edited
    NNiiiiiiiceee!

Thank God i didn't watch the film then ('cause i did hear such other opinions these past 2 days).

The score is a personal favorite for 2010, along with INCEPTION, PRINCE OF PERSIA, AMALIA, ARMAND AMAR'S "AO".
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2010 edited
    Assuming they do another movie, my question is: how different will they sound in their next film?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    My boy LOVES The Polar Express so screw you all! wink I really like it, too.

-Erik-

beer
    Having grown up sheltered from all the traditional and classic Christmas films, this has become pretty much my favorite and only traditional requirement.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  8. Something that I love about the score in the film, it's that it's not low mixed like most of the scores in films. For example, I was expecting that cues like Outlands and C.L.U. we're barely audible, but you can hear them like in the CD.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011
    The power and volume of Flynn Lives in the cinema was mindblowing. I could feel the music. biggrin

Here's a chronological tracklist which includes all the bonus tracks from iTunes, Amazon, Nokia and the special edition CD.

The Grid
    The Son Of Flynn
    Encom (Part 1)
    Encom (Part 2)
    Overture
    Recognizer
    Armory
    Arena
    Round One
    Rinzler
    The Game Has Changed
    Outlands (Part 1)
    Father And Son
    Adagio For Tron
    Nocturne
    Outlands (Part 2)
    Reflections
    End Of Line
    Castor
    Derezzed
    Fall
    Sea Of Simulation
    Solar Sailer
    Rectifier
    Disc Wars
    C.L.U
    Arrival
    Flynn Lives
    Sunrise Prelude
    Tron Legacy (End Titles)
    Finale
  9. Anthony wrote
    The power and volume of Flynn Lives in the cinema was mindblowing. I could feel the music. biggrin

Here's a chronological tracklist which includes all the bonus tracks from iTunes, Amazon, Nokia and the special edition CD.

The Grid
    The Son Of Flynn
    Encom (Part 1)
    Encom (Part 2)
    Overture
    Recognizer
    Armory
    Arena
    Round One
    Rinzler
    The Game Has Changed
    Outlands (Part 1)
    Father And Son
    Adagio For Tron
    Nocturne
    Outlands (Part 2)
    Reflections
    End Of Line
    Castor
    Derezzed
    Fall
    Sea Of Simulation
    Solar Sailer
    Rectifier
    Disc Wars
    C.L.U
    Arrival
    Flynn Lives
    Sunrise Prelude
    Tron Legacy (End Titles)
    Finale

Thanks. Yeah, Flynn Lives sounded awesome in the theater.
  10. Is the Finale really after the End Titles in the movie?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2011
    Just added my first review onto MainTitles, of Daft Punk's TRON: LEGACY.

http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/tron-legacy/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2011 edited
    punk

Excellent review. Good to read about the Daft Punk fans themselves. Puts the score in an other perspective, and is not praising it like it's something completely new. Thanks Bob!
    Kazoo