• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I was just wondering if there's anyone here with bad eyesight? I have a couple of friends who are unable to wear the 3D glasses, or more accurately, they don't work.

Thomas has a bad eye and he is unable to see depth of field, so no 3D for him. It doesn't bother him actually.

I presume Thomes just saw the regular release then?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I was just wondering if there's anyone here with bad eyesight? I have a couple of friends who are unable to wear the 3D glasses, or more accurately, they don't work.

Thomas has a bad eye and he is unable to see depth of field, so no 3D for him. It doesn't bother him actually.

yeah, I don't need it to listen to music anyway
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

I presume Thomes just saw the regular release then?

if you mean AVATAR yes, Tron I haven't seen yet, I'll wait for the blu-ray version
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011
    Yes, I did mean AVATAR, it was a little bit annoying because some friends and myself went to see it in 3D and a good friend was excluded because of the 3D element.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    Yes, I did mean AVATAR, it was a little bit annoying because some friends and myself went to see it in 3D and a good friend was excluded because of the 3D element.

didn't bother me one bit. I don't need 3D to make a movie more special nor better, I've been experiencing movies like this from the time I can remember, and for me this is a gimmick that's totally unnecessary. It will never make a movie better, so I don't care about not seeing it.

Of course, good for those who can enjoy it, it's good to still have the choice to choose whether you want to see it in 3D or not.
  4. Well, I don't have stellar eyesight and have to wear heavy glasses (which deform quite a bit).

I can definitely still see 3D but it is always slightly 'off' for me and I get a bit of a headache (although that changes from projection system to projection system).

All in all I blame my glasses for the most part when the 3D isn't optimal from my perception.

That didn't bother me to really like the 3D visuals in Avatar and those in TRON.
    They both shared the non obtrusive nature of 3D for me, but due to its beautiful nature experience, Avatar's 3D had a much bigger impact on me.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  5. Exactly Avatar 3D was the perfect example of how well used it was. You could really see the depth in the environments, even characters in a single shot. With Tron Legacy not so much. But like D said, they used a different system. An inferior one IMO.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2011
    TRON: Legacy RECONFIGURED

This remix album acts as a sequel to Daft Punk’s amazing Tron Legacy Soundtrack. TRON: Legacy RECONFIGURED is an eclectic mix of acclaimed DJs, remixers and producers from all points of the globe with their own fresh take on select tracks from the original film score, composed by Daft Punk. Highlights on the album include multi-platinum artist Moby with "The Son of Flynn"; "The Grid" by platinum-selling electronic music duo The Crystal Method (Ken Jordan and Scott Kirkland); and "End of Line" by award-winning German electronic music producer and DJ, Boys Noize (Alexander Ridha). Another highlight on the album is "Fall" which features a collaboration between electronic/dream pop act M83 and Jonathan Bates' Big Black Delta.

01. Derezzed (The Glitch Mob Remix) (4:22)
    02. Fall (M83 Vs Big Black Delta Remix) (3:54)
    03. The Grid (The Crystal Method Remix) (4:27)
    04. Adagio For Tron (Teddybears Remix) (5:34)
    05. The Son Of Flynn (Ki:Theory Remix) (4:51)
    06. C.L.U. (Paul Oakenfold Remix) (4:35)
    07. The Son Of Flynn (Moby Remix) (6:32)
    08. End Of Line (Boys Noize Remix) (5:40)
    09. Rinzler (Kaskade Remix) (6:52)
    10. Encom Part 2 (Com Truise Remix) (4:52)
    11. End Of Line (Photek Remix) (5:18)
    12. Arena (The Japanese Popstars Remix) (6:07)
    13. Derezzed (Avicii Remix) (5:03)
    14. Solar Sailer (Pretty Lights Remix) (4:32)
    15. Tron Legacy (End Titles) (Sander Kleinenberg Remix) (5:04)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. I hope they don't ruin the album
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    yonythemoony wrote
    I hope they don't ruin the album

That's rather unlikely, as the album will exist no matter what.

I've heard some sound clips, and it sounds brilliant! Fresh takes on the music mirroring the particular artist's style. It's 90% certain I'm buying it. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Hmmm, just listened to the samples on amazon and as much as I loved the score these clips of the remixes do absolutely nothing for me, I think I'll be skipping this after all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2011 edited
    John Chambers wrote
    Hmmm, just listened to the samples on amazon and as much as I loved the score these clips of the remixes do absolutely nothing for me, I think I'll be skipping this after all.

That's fine.

It's a little more "hardcore" in the electronca arena than the TRON soundtrack itself was, so it's not for everyone. Since I'm a real fan of the genre (whether it's acid or house or trance or ambient), it's more up my alley.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Fair play Thor. Unfortunately I'm really not a fan of the genre, so it isn't for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's hardcore electronica indee;d the score is much better, this is just for the fans of the genre. Much more song-oriented and loud.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's hardcore electronica indee;d the score is much better, this is just for the fans of the genre. Much more song-oriented and loud.

From what I can gather from the samples, it's not all "loud". Moby's track, for example, is pretty chill. Some of the others as well. As long as it works as an album, it should be good.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, perhaps not as far as the db's and level are concerned, but the style? I mean the first couple of songs were loud singing, sampled and loop all over and over with a steady beat below and the standard looped electronica bling blongs, certainly not my style. I didn't even recognize the original cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, perhaps not as far as the db's and level are concerned, but the style? I mean the first couple of songs were loud singing, sampled and loop all over and over with a steady beat below and the standard looped electronica bling blongs, certainly not my style. I didn't even recognize the original cue.

There are some pretty chill tracks after that.

But to each their own etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wanna hear this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

There are some pretty chill tracks after that.

But to each their own etc.

Yeap, indeed smile A pleasant radio cd listen when you're on the road to somewhere with company, it's how i'd characterize it but it certainly is not in any way better than the original score for me; when i heard it though, i was sure that it's something you'd particularly like though smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Love the score, hate the remixes. No thank you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    How is it that Paul Oakenfield still has work?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote

???

(btw, it's OakenfOld).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

???

(btw, it's OakenfOld).

Easy mistake to make, I used to keep thinking it was Oakenfield too....trips off the tongue easier too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    He has never made a remix I liked.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

yeah. Squared. Bold. Big. With an exclamation mark. As well as QFT.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote

Same here.

TRON: LEGACY

Watched the movie tonight, this confirm this score's spot as the best score of the previous year for me. Every single scene is outstanding thanks to the mindblowingly good score. It's even better in the film than on the score alone. Excellent.
  9. Christodoulides wrote
    Bregt wrote

Same here.

TRON: LEGACY

Watched the movie tonight, this confirm this score's spot as the best score of the previous year for me. Every single scene is outstanding thanks to the mindblowingly good score. It's even better in the film than on the score alone. Excellent.

And the best thing is that the score wasn't butchered because of editing or buried under the sound effects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2011
    Yeap, it's the most musically brilliant modern film i've seen for a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Hmm... I stumbled on the first track on Youtube, the Derezzed remix by The Glitch Mob. I got excited when I saw the title; I've heard stuff from them before and liked it (ex. Seven Nation Army) One of their songs, Animus Vox, has even sort of unofficially been redubbed Rerezzed and really fits the Tron atmosphere. That track is at least on par with stuff like Derezzed.

But their actual Derezzed remix remix? *shrug* It didn't do a thing for me. Go figure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeap, it's the most musically brilliant modern film i've seen for a while.

Absolutely! beer