• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2010 edited
    Got this press release today:

- - -

BURBANK, Calif., Sept. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- The highly anticipated original motion picture score for TRON: Legacy, composed and produced by the iconic and critically acclaimed Grammy® Award-winning French duo Daft Punk, will be released by Walt Disney Records on Monday, November 22, 2010. Presented in Disney Digital 3D(TM), Walt Disney Pictures' "TRON: Legacy" hits U.S. theaters on December 17, 2010, in Disney Digital 3D(TM) and IMAX® 3D.

Having grown up with admiration of Disney's groundbreaking original 1982 film "TRON," Daft Punk took on the scoring of the next chapter of the story with extraordinary thought and precision. The duo assembled a symphony of one hundred world class musicians in London and recorded the orchestra at AIR Lyndhurst Studios, Britain's premier scoring facility.

From Daft Punk's first single release in 1993, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter were hailed as a new breed of electronic music innovators. Following their seminal debut in 1997 (Homework), the band went on to release two more studio albums (Discovery-2001, Human After All-2005) and two live albums (Alive 1997, Alive 2007), winning them both critical and popular acclaim throughout the world. Daft Punk are known as much for their music and technical innovation as their groundbreaking and elaborate visual universe, which centers around their irrepressible and mysterious Robot personas. In 2006, their directorial art house film debut, "Daft Punk's Electroma," premiered at the Cannes Film Festival and in 2007 they toured internationally with a jaw-dropping live show that was an awe-inspiring combination of their musical and visual prowess. Their collaboration with Kanye West on his #1 hit single "Stronger" was hailed as "The Song of the Year" by SPIN Magazine (January 2008 issue), which also saw Daft sharing the cover with Kanye, having been awarded "Tour of the Year" by the magazine. Daft Punk performed with West on the Grammy Awards in 2008, marking the mercurial duo's first and only television appearance anywhere in the world. "TRON: Legacy" will mark Daft Punk's first film score.

"TRON: Legacy" is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that's unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), a rebellious 27-year-old, is haunted by the mysterious disappearance of his father Kevin Flynn (Oscar®- and Golden Globe®-winner Jeff Bridges), a man once known as the world's leading video-game developer. When Sam investigates a strange signal sent from the old Flynn's Arcade--a signal that could only come from his father--he finds himself pulled into a digital world where Kevin has been trapped for 20 years. With the help of the fearless warrior Quorra (Olivia Wilde), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe--a universe created by Kevin himself that has become far more advanced with never-before-imagined vehicles, weapons, landscapes and a ruthless villain who will stop at nothing to prevent their escape. Visit the official site for more info at http://disney.go.com/tron/ and become a fan at Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Tron.

The TRON: Legacy original motion picture soundtrack will be available nationwide on November 22nd wherever music is sold. Fans can access a secret page with hidden Easter eggs by clicking HERE. For more information on Walt Disney Records' releases, please visit DisneyRecords.com, become a fan at Facebook.com/disneymusic or follow us at Twitter.com/disneymusic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2010
    I have no particular relationship to the original film or the score, nor do I have any particular interest in the upcoming remake. HOWEVER, I've been looking forward to the Daft Punk score ever since I heard a few clips of it about two years ago. Really cool stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I look forward to hearing this score, I'm intrigued.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wow this movie is going to be a huge pile of crap! The trailer is ridiculous......the score could be very interesting however.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Wow this movie is going to be great! The trailer looks fantastic......the score could be OK, I guess.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Just saw the trailer. Is that a CGI Jeff Bridges running around???

face-palm-mt
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You're such a grandpa, Martijn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A GReat AND Powerful Analyst? angelic
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2010
    Tron Legacy [Import]
    Daft Punk | Format: Audio CD

Product details
    Audio CD (7 Dec 2010)
    Number of Discs: 1
    Format: Import
    Label: Walt Disney Records

cd cover
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tron-Legacy-Var … amp;sr=1-2

Also available on 2cd special limited edition:
    http://www.amazon.fr/Tron-Sp%C3%A9ciale … mp;s=music
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Tron Legacy [Import]
    Daft Punk | Format: Audio CD

Product details
    Audio CD (7 Dec 2010)
    Number of Discs: 1
    Format: Import
    Label: Walt Disney Records

cd cover
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tron-Legacy-Var … amp;sr=1-2

Also available on 2cd special limited edition:
    http://www.amazon.fr/Tron-Sp%C3%A9ciale … mp;s=music

I'm really looking forward to this (not really the film, but the score) - but does anyone know what the SE contains that the regular release doesn't? The Amazon page doesn't say.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2010 edited
    On the website you'll be able to order a deluxe version of the score which includes:

- Physical CD Digipack (whatever the hell that is)
    - An exclusive Daft Punk film poster
    - Digital download of the score at 320 KBPS
    - Download of a track sometime before the score's release.

All this for a measly $39.98.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/daft-p … 22nd-11219

http://tronsoundtrack.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, I see, thanks. No extra music, then. I think I'll stick with the regular release.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, maybe the (2cd) special edition listed on amazon.fr is something else? 'CAuse the above article speaks about a deluxe version available on the tron soundtrack website. We'll wait and see.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Ah, I see, thanks. No extra music, then. I think I'll stick with the regular release.

*gasp!* shocked Are you suggesting you'd have bought it if it had extra music???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

*gasp!* shocked Are you suggesting you'd have bought it if it had extra music???

He, he...yeah, in this case, probably, as I see it more as an instrumental Daft Punk album than a soundtrack.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Fair nuff'.........I think? spin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2010 edited
    Music video from TRON Legacy:
    http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1158650137/
  1. Thor wrote
    I have no particular relationship to the original film or the score, nor do I have any particular interest in the upcoming remake. HOWEVER, I've been looking forward to the Daft Punk score ever since I heard a few clips of it about two years ago. Really cool stuff.

I actually look forward to Tron legacy. I was a fan of the original TRON, so that makes me intrigued by the second one. Oh and Thor it is NOT a remake, it is a continuation. It has some of the same actors, and yes
    there is a CGI Jef Bridges running around in there as well as a 'normal old' copy. The thing you have to know about TRON the original is that it takes place mostly inside of a computer world, where programs visually look like their creators. TRON Legacy picks up 30 years or so after TRON has ended, and but the program written by Jeff Brifges' character will still resemble a 30-something Jeff Bridges.

I do know that this film could also really stink, but I'm hoping, due to the fact that it has a bunch of the original actors in it that it won't.

Musically it looks interesting as well.

Let's see where this ends up.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2010
    Should we shoot you know or later? wink
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Should we shoot you know or later? wink

Let's keep it until after I watched the movie. Then I might have time to retract my previous statement, or defend it ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2010
    beer
  3. Listening to the clips to Tron Legacy - and there's a lot here to enjoy. Even the dialogue included in "The Grid" didn't seem too bad!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010 edited
    Recognizer sounds A LOT like Inception. Actually, several tracks sound a lot like Hans Zimmers late action style, with nervous strings and bold one-note brass statements.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010 edited
    Well, just like INCEPTION, it's got some obvious and deliberate Vangelis influences. In fact, it's a nod to the '80s synthesizer sounds, including Arcade-like effects, yet fused with a large orchestra. Since Zimmer seems to have a copyright on that synthesizer/orchestral sound, it tends to lean towards Zimmer pretty quickly of course, but I think it's got some genuinely original elements (or for film scoring at least, since it's mainly coming from the electro soundscape) and it probably works very well within the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    Vangelis is an icon of his generation. Glad that people are finally paying homage to him (Jesper Kyd's new ASSASINS' CREED score also has Vangelian colors in it). Looking forward to this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    "Fall" sounds epic. Can't wait smile
  4. Artworks wrote
    "Fall" sounds epic. Can't wait smile

Isn't that the one that was used in the trailer?

Loved that in a trailery way, and is probably gonna work beautifully in the movie itself.

Damn, I'm looking forward to this pic, even more now that the music turns out to be good ;-).

Elin
  5. By the way, I wouldn't mind listening to adagio for Tron in its entirety. It's one of the few tracks with very little electronics, and it sounds like an emotional scene, so bring it on...

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010
    I'm not familiar with these guys, but I really liked the samples on the Amazon page. Hopefully the dialogue in the second track is the only case in there, though.
  6. DemonStar wrote
    I'm not familiar with these guys, but I really liked the samples on the Amazon page. Hopefully the dialogue in the second track is the only case in there, though.

If it is the only dialogue then that's fine. I think that the dialogue here works really well.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn