• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2010
    Zack Snyder Directing Superman
    Warners stays in house for the hero

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29108

I want to hear a Tyler Bates' rendition of John Williams' theme biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good choice of director.

The possibility of who scores it? freezing
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, he can bring quite a fresh visual air and a kick-start to the franchise; but i am not too sure about the musical side of things....
  1. I told this before, this is excellent news. punk
    Snyder is an amazing director with a visual style I absolutely adore.

Bates sure sounds awkward, but I want to hear it first before I bash it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Um... Lucky Superman. He's always getting the latest 'talent'. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Maybe Snyder will stick with David Hirschfelder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who's better than Tyler Bates? I am genuinely asking, i don't know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2010 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I told this before, this is excellent news. punk
    Snyder is an amazing director with a visual style I absolutely adore.

Bates sure sounds awkward, but I want to hear it first before I bash it

I'd agree with your last sentence if Tyler Bates ever delivered the slightest bit of hope towards an actually listenable score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010 edited
    I quite disliked that comic book film of his....what was its name? WATCHMEN? vomit One of the most ugly-looking and least involving comic book films I've ever seen.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010
    Thor wrote
    I quite disliked that comic book film of his....what was its name? WATCHMEN? vomit One of the most ugly-looking and least involving comic book films I've ever seen.

Boooo! tongue

flings handgrenades at him wave fireworks
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote

It was hideous, yes. But it has a lot of fans in this board i think too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote

It was hideous, yes. But it has a lot of fans in this board i think too.

A grenade for you too o'oily one wave fireworks
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    kiss biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    slant

okay okay, I'm a big softy rolleyes love
  3. Thor wrote

and yet, it's a cinematic marvel. Very accurately and very true to the book for a change. Perhaps not his best movie, but a strong one still at that. And yes, the score sounded effective enough in it D tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    For Watchmen? No way mate, that and the day the earth stood still are just random chords, completely wrong for both movies.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I remember the excellent use of Philip Glass over any actual scoring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh that made a very strong contrast to the pathetic score the movie had; everyone remembered that very bold scene which was accurately dressed with that gorgeous piece of music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Thor wrote

Totally disagree. Watchmen was one of the best movies of 2009, I think. Thought it was much better than Avatar. Proved that Snyder has balls AND talent, taking on a story that was said to be "unfilmable". Think he made all the right choices in that movie...

So I can't wait for his take on Superman. And as for composer, I don't know Tyler Bates' music well enough to say if he can pull it off or not, but it could be interesting smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Artworks wrote
    Thor wrote

Totally disagree. Watchmen was one of the best movies of 2009, I think. Thought it was much better than Avatar. Proved that Snyder has balls AND talent, taking on a story that was said to be "unfilmable". Think he made all the right choices in that movie...

Yeah, but the important thing is to remember that I am right and you are wrong.

(wink)
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Death is too good for this Norwegian, as is Zack Snyder, but not James Cameron.

wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010
    Sure you are, Thor... sure you are biggrin
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011
    Henry Cavill (The Tudors, Stardust) will play Clark Kent/Superman. A good choice, if I say so myself.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/henry-c … ore-101860
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    After the casting of Heath Ledger I'll not be too quick to judge.

though my initial instinct is a big NO!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Cavill was a fan favorite for Clark Kent/Superman, even way before Superman Returns came out. He is pretty good in The Tudors, and is different enough from Chris Reeve and Brandon Routh.

But people are going to compare nonetheless.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  5. never really heard of him, but then I never really heard of Brandon Routh before Superman Returns, so I hope it pays off
  6. Superman seems to have almost as many regenerations as Doctor Who!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. Looking forward to a reboot of my favourite superhero film, Superman. Snyder has it in him to truly deliver.

With Watchmen Snyder made a film I've learned to appreciate. On my first viewing I was more than a little confused, the only thing I got out of that film was the awesome audiovisual element which was really its main attraction for me and what got me to watch it again.

Two viewings later, the film clicked with me (the DC at 3 hours is better paced than the original cut was). I won't say I absolutely love this film but it does have a certain something in its delivery of story and characters that I like a lot. And I do happen to think the dialogue in this film is top notch. It's very well written, almost shakespearean at times. I saw the bonus features on the blu-ray and the creators of the comic have actually stated that the film is very true to the source material and that the fans are really pleased with the outcome. I too am pleased and I'm not even a fan. But it's not for everyone, that much is true.

Seeing Snyder do the Superman franchise is very interesting. I hope he will stay true to the character and his adventures, and deliver something more in the style of Richard Donner's classic, updated for the now. Bryan Singer made a good attempt to recapture the magic but it could always be improved.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. So is it officially another "reboot"? Is that better or worse than a "remake"? Just so I know for future versions.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. I don't know if it's a reboot or not, but so was Superman Returns.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.