• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011
    It's a reboot and I don't care.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. DreamTheater wrote
    I don't know if it's a reboot or not, but so was Superman Returns.

Yes, I know. That's what's confusing me if it is another reboot.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Erik Woods wrote

That it's a reboot or that there's another Superman film?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011 edited
    It's a reboot of the Superman franchise starting from the beginning.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Ah didn't know that, well whatever the case may be, Snyder seems an able guy.

But no way will he find a composer to top that score. Even hiring Williams won't bring back the magic I'm afraid.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Ah didn't know that, well whatever the case may be, Snyder seems an able guy.

But no way will he find a composer to top that score. Even hiring Williams won't bring back the magic I'm afraid.

are you kidding me?
    One name: Tyler Bates cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's a reboot of the Superman franchise starting from the beginning.

-Erik-

A reboot. Or a shut down.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Ah didn't know that, well whatever the case may be, Snyder seems an able guy.

are you kidding me?
    One name: Tyler Bates cheesy

Or maybe David Hirschfelder?
  5. Gentlemen! Gentlemen!

CHRISTOPHER GORDON.

Kneel before Zod.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011
    franz_conrad wrote
    Gentlemen! Gentlemen!

CHRISTOPHER GORDON.

Kneel before Zod.

Hear, hear. Maybe Snyder will opt for a better composer for his second superhero outing, but odds are in either Hirschfelder or Bates' favor.

Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

You don't? I thought you'd be interested in it, with Nolan producing it and all.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  6. franz_conrad wrote
    Gentlemen! Gentlemen!

CHRISTOPHER GORDON.

Kneel before Zod.

well, of all the names he might bring us the most staggering score of all

good choice Franz
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, but do they have any professional relationship already or you're simply hoping out of the blue?
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Indeed, but do they have any professional relationship already or you're simply hoping out of the blue?

I'm hoping of course, no way I'm actually seeing this happen for real
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011 edited
    Matt C wrote
    You don't? I thought you'd be interested in it, with Nolan producing it and all.

Nope. While everyone gets a raging boner every time Nolan touches something I don't. I do like his Batman films but for me there is absolutely no beating the original Superman. These reboots are about as boring as 3D technology. And with Nolan producing and Snyder directing I have a bad feeling that we are going to be stuck with another lack luster score. Yes, I'm being pessimistic but seriously... how do you beat THIS!

And even though Brian Singer's Superman Returns was pants at least he understood the power of the original main credits and Williams title theme.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2011 edited
    Erik, it can't be beat! FACT! ( though I know you don't need telling that wink )

Nolan will take a different direction and I'll keep an open mind on it, personally I don't care much for a "new" Superman film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Gentlemen! Gentlemen!

CHRISTOPHER GORDON.

Kneel before Zod.

Bypass Superflan and give Gordon the up-coming AVENGERS movie and I'll be happy! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    Yes, I'm being pessimistic but seriously... how do you beat THIS!

-Erik-

One of the all time best main title sequences, both from a musical and visual standpoint. Goosebumps are present all the way through. I just love those huge letters wooshing by, mixed with that awesome sound effect and the march accentuating the greatness of the movie that is to come. punk punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Yes, I'm being pessimistic but seriously... how do you beat THIS!

-Erik-

One of the all time best main title sequences, both from a musical and visual standpoint. Goosebumps are present all the way through. I just love those huge letters wooshing by, mixed with that awesome sound effect and the march accentuating the greatness of the movie that is to come. punk punk punk

Indeed! It sets the whole film up with the kind of anticipation you don't get anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C wrote

Nope. While everyone gets a raging boner every time Nolan touches something I don't.

-Erik-

Maybe because actually everyone gets a raging boner out of his new works? Maybe this is why you don't?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011
    I've been listening to this theme a lot today, and my only worry is that the film will end up with an un-melodic score that can't express a hint of the grandeur of the character. I also fear that the goodness of the character will be ruined somehow. Do you guys think Znyder will be able to capture the purity and true heart of the character? Looking at Znyder's track record, I'm not sure if he can. It will certainly be something different.
  9. omaha wrote
    I've been listening to this theme a lot today, and my only worry is that the film will end up with an un-melodic score that can't express a hint of the grandeur of the character. I also fear that the goodness of the character will be ruined somehow. Do you guys think Znyder will be able to capture the purity and true heart of the character? Looking at Znyder's track record, I'm not sure if he can. It will certainly be something different.

Well, Snyder said that he's a fan of Superman so he could do it. Still, I'm sure that the Superman film is going to be really different. Also, I hope he can bring a new composer. Though I think it's time that Bates can finally have his chance to make a score which makes everybody stop bashing him. Also, cues from Watchmen like Rescue Mission and Silk Spectre had a very superhero sound for the few scenes of the movie which the Watchmen we're superheroes.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I really hope your right. And if Bates has a moment to shine, this is definitely it!
  10. omaha wrote
    I really hope your right. And if Bates has a moment to shine, this is definitely it!

Exactly. Though we still have to watch how this develops until we can know who's going to make the score. The only thing I hope it's that Zimmer doesn't do it, he had Batman.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    And look how that turned out. wink
  11. omaha wrote
    And look how that turned out. wink

Yeah. I mean I liked (the second one) though is not one of my favorites, but I wish that someone else can make the score.
  12. omaha wrote

Snyder will definitely go for Bates, the question is whether the producers will want to take that gamble. I'm sure they will want to have another BIG NAME composer attached to it instead. I just hope that whoever it will become that he/she pays tribute to the music, like Ottman did with Superman Returns. So many theme statements and hints to the original music of Williams, that's the way to do it.

As for the film, I'm a big fan of Snyder so I hope he delivers.

Can't wait for SuckerPunch, it looks totally awesome
  13. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    omaha wrote

Snyder will definitely go for Bates, the question is whether the producers will want to take that gamble. I'm sure they will want to have another BIG NAME composer attached to it instead. I just hope that whoever it will become that he/she pays tribute to the music, like Ottman did with Superman Returns. So many theme statements and hints to the original music of Williams, that's the way to do it.

But, here's the thing. It's a reboot. It's a new movie which it takes place in a universe where Richard Donner's Superman doesn't exist. If the plot is going to be new, then why the music doesn't? How do we know if this new story needs another kind of music or something else? Besides, whoever is going to make the score, it's going to be compared to Williams's original works like Ottman, Doyle, Hooper and Desplat. And obviously, that composer is going to lose.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yonythemoony wrote
    omaha wrote

Exactly. Though we still have to watch how this develops until we can know who's going to make the score. The only thing I hope it's that Zimmer doesn't do it, he had Batman.
    yeah it is better to give to 'giggle' to bates . He 'deserves' another chance to 'shine'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    well at least whatever he writes will be more listenable than ottman's bore-fest
  14. yonythemoony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    omaha wrote

But, here's the thing. It's a reboot. It's a new movie which it takes place in a universe where Richard Donner's Superman doesn't exist. If the plot is going to be new, then why the music doesn't? How do we know if this new story needs another kind of music or something else? Besides, whoever is going to make the score, it's going to be compared to Williams's original works like Ottman, Doyle, Hooper and Desplat. And obviously, that composer is going to lose.

well, if it's a reboot, then the composer has to work his way up to the themes of the film. Meaning then he has to compose something so grand that in the end they will be known as the themes of Superman, like John williams did with Anakin's theme in The Phantom Menace", stating the final notes of The Imperial March at the end of that lovely theme.