• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011
    Not really, it's a reboot, not a prequel, like Phantom Menace was. It's not meant to end where Donner's Superman begins. It's a different universe, like what Nolan's Batman Begins was to Burton's Batman. He won't use the themes, just like Zimmer didn't use Elfman's material. And I know people won't understand and curse him for it already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Yeah, I kinda hope they do something new as well. We already have the ultimate Superman score, and that's the one John Williams did.
  1. BobdH wrote
    Not really, it's a reboot, not a prequel, like Phantom Menace was. It's not meant to end where Donner's Superman begins. It's a different universe, like what Nolan's Batman Begins was to Burton's Batman. He won't use the themes, just like Zimmer didn't use Elfman's material. And I know people won't understand and curse him for it already.

Exactly
  2. Artworks wrote
    Yeah, I kinda hope they do something new as well. We already have the ultimate Superman score, and that's the one John Williams did.

We all know it can't be beaten, but whoever writes it, better does his damnedest best to make it sound ABSO-FOKKIN-LUTELY SPECTACULAR, or else there will be hell to pay!

Christodoulides wrote
    well at least whatever he writes will be more listenable than ottman's bore-fest

Calling Superman Returns a bore-fest is like saying The Social Network is a brilliant score. rolleyes
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    oh it is. Social network is an ok score. Nothing to rave about.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. BobdH wrote

the problem is, Batman has various sounds and themes, neither that sunk totally into the minds like the superman theme has. It's okay that Zimmer and Newton Howard established a different sound for the new Batman franchise, but doing it to Superman is something else. That theme is so attached to the franchise and NAME that making a sequel, a prequel or a reboot of it is nothing without the theme superman stands for.

Perhaps the composer can come up with a theme that feels like it, like the 3 composers did on The X-Men films. All those main themes were connected to each other in some sort of way
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011
    ooopsss.....

Dark news for those of you clamouring to hear John Williams' iconic theme as Henry Cavill soars over Metropolis: speaking with the LA Times' Hero Complex blog, new Superman director Zack Snyder has confirmed his intention to thoroughly break with Kal-El's movie past. "We'll respect the Superman canon," he says, "but we won't be a
    slave to the movies."

But something i did suspect and which confirms here:

Unsurprisingly, given the creative involvement of one Christopher Nolan, Snyder is looking to the recent Batman films as inspiration."Literally, the one thing that everyone can start to think about is that we’re making a movie that finally goes with the approach that there’s been no other Superman movies,” he explains. "Batman Begins has that structure, that canon that we know about and respect, but on the other hand there’s this approach that pre-supposes that there haven’t been any other movies. In every aspect of design and of story, [our Superman] is very much from that perspective.”

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30441
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    In which case, like it or not, it makes total sense that John Williams theme will not be used, anyone who wants a fix of williams Superman can do what I do and take it off the shelf ( yeah, really....I'm old fashioned like that wink ) and play it in the CD player.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I agree with you. But i can only imagine the uproar wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sit back and pull up a seat biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer punk biggrin
  4. It's better. So whoever is going to do the score, isn't bashed by the fans like happened before
  5. You know what I don't care about it anymore, they want a reboot: fine: us oldies have Williams classic to enjoy until the day we die, let the youngies have their inferior score by Joe Schmoe for all I care.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    You know what I don't care about it anymore, they want a reboot: fine: us oldies have Williams classic to enjoy until the day we die, let the youngies have their inferior score by Joe Schmoe for all I care.

biggrin punk
  7. That news makes me almost a 100% sure that Tyler Bates will be doing the score, considering it's gonna be a whole new take on the matter
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011 edited
    Very good news to have this confirmed, but it was kind of a no-brainer anyway. It's the only right decision, to me. Singer already made a new Superman film based on the old universe, and no matter how well he did it, we really don't need that anymore.
  8. BobdH wrote
    Very good news to have this confirmed, but it was ind of a no-brainer anyway. It's the only right decision, to me. Singer already made a new Superman film based on the old universe, and no matter how well he did it, we really don't need that anymore.

I agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    You know what I don't care about it anymore, they want a reboot: fine: us oldies have Williams classic to enjoy until the day we die, let the youngies have their inferior score by Joe Schmoe for all I care.

It'd actually be nice if Joe Schome actually score this instead wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012
    New Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … Vu3gS7iJu4

Meh!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    New Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … Vu3gS7iJu4

Meh!

-Erik-

More angst ridden po-faced super tosh. rolleyes
  9. Nevermind meh, it's awful. How do you make a trailer to a SUPERMAN MOVIE ponderous and boring?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    But it's super serious! Comic books are serious. You can no longer have fun at the movies any more. Everything must be serious.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  10. You're right, you make a Superman movie that's ponderous and boring.
  11. Was that original music? Can somebody please identify this music for me? This isn't from LothR again, right?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sound like Gladiatoresque music!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    The music in the first half is not any Gladiator piece that I'm familiar with, but if that's supposed to be original music for Superman then it's retardedly similar to Gladiator...hope not. Music in the 2nd half was great but sounded like library music.

Anyway, I like this trailer. Marvel can do fun superhero movies and DC can do serious superhero movies...nice balance to me.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  12. Ahem green lantern ahem.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Iron Man, The Avengers, Thor?
  13. The music sounded like MAN ON FIRE to me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Iron Man, The Avengers, Thor?

...are Marvel superheroes.