• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010
    Trailer

http://tro-ma-ktiko.blogspot.com/2010/1 … ailer.html (sorry for the Greek link, the video is in the bottom) and i'd imagine in other places too.

Is this scored by Rahman?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, his name is in the trailer; other than the usual cheesy big-fat statements that follow his films lately, the movie looks interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, it's Rahman (in fact, I'm doing a profile on him soon in relation to this assignment). I thought the film looked very interesting from the first time I saw the trailer (a couple of months ago).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Looking forward to the score, the movie seems interesting but not really my type from what I've read of the synopsis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010 edited
    Latest trailer is also, in HD quality, at apple.com: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/ipho … s/trailer/

Movie is right up my alley, very interested to see it. Though I hope it'll be decidedly less commercial and sentimental than the latest trailer is appearing it to be. I really hope Boyle will go the "Buried-route" and stay as much as possible on the James Franco one-man-show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010
    Well, it appears so; let's hope it sticks to what the trailer showcases 'cause it can be very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010 edited
    Well, the studio said they're taking a big chance with a film like this, and Boyle is preparing his audience saying it's "definitely not for the faint hearted" (and if you know this guy's story, you know what he means), but the trailer is way too much audience-friendly to my taste, with sappy family flashbacks: not what Boyle promised. So I'm actually hoping the studio is just misrepresenting the film to get the assess in seats (like they did with the first trailer, that only showed footage of the first 10 min. or so from the film). We'll see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2010 edited
    The soundtrack cd will be released on Interscope Records on Nov 22nd.
    http://www.amazon.com/127-Hours-Music-M … B00473MLG2
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2010
    Coolio! Looking forward to this one. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DemonStar wrote

Same here. If there's one aspect of his recent output that annoys it's his discovery of the Goddamn Eurodance vocoder, which was already annoying back in the year 2000 (evident in Jay Ho, Endhiran and others). At least there's no room for that in a film such as this, so I'm looking forward to an exciting outdoors score that taps into the melodies he knows so well, maybe with some suspense cues here and there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I hope 'coolio' is just a paraphrase of 'cool' and you don't actually mean this dude.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I hope 'coolio' is just a paraphrase of 'cool' and you don't actually mean this dude.

Hah! That old 'has been'. tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thor wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Same here. If there's one aspect of his recent output that annoys it's his discovery of the Goddamn Eurodance vocoder, which was already annoying back in the year 2000 (evident in Jay Ho, Endhiran and others). At least there's no room for that in a film such as this, so I'm looking forward to an exciting outdoors score that taps into the melodies he knows so well, maybe with some suspense cues here and there.

Not sure what you mean by Eurodance vocoder and I'm at school so I can't check youtube. I think it might be the auto-tune/quiver effect with voice. That's something I hate from ARR. He's been using it for too long in his songs.

I forgot to post the news about the score recording here. It was recorded in London around August. Matt Dunkley was the conductor. Here's Matt's description of the music (someone asked him on facebook)

It's beautiful as always - with electric guitars mixed in with orchestral strings and samples. No songs as far as I know - it's more subtle under-score fitting the subject matter of the movie, which deals with one man's triumph over adversity and the power of the human spirit

It seems that the soundtrack also features a song (If I Rise) by Dido.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    Thor wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Not sure what you mean by Eurodance vocoder and I'm at school so I can't check youtube. I think it might be the auto-tune/quiver effect with voice. That's something I hate from ARR. He's been using it for too long in his songs.

Yes, that's it. I hate that thing. I want the Rahman song sound of the 90's and early 2000's.
    I am extremely serious.