• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    In this case, Margeson seemed to go all-out in his efforts to re-create the Foster/ALF/Grusin/acid jazz/TV theme sound of the decade, and if you dig that -- which many of us do -- it's bound to please!

I played this score last week for the first time, having no idea what I was getting myself into it, and I don't even remember the last time I was more pleasantly surprised. More like grinning from ear to ear. It was less than a year ago I remember putting on Days of Thunder and feeling sad that nobody was writing music like that anymore. And now we have what is essentially Days of Thunder: Ski Jumping Edition. Well, with somewhat less rock influence, but the basic feeling is there. In a world where Hans Zimmer sounds more like Junkie XL than Junkie XL sounds like the Hans Zimmer I know and love, I am so very thankful this score exists.
  2. Really fun score
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. I've done something quite extraordinary. I bought a new score (on iTunes) based solely on the recommendation of the above review. Not because the review is by my brother, but because it references Days of Thunder and the 80s.

I'll give it a listen later. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. I think/hope you will like it! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016
    You'll love it! It's very Brian Tyler like! I *love* all the percussion riffs!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Oh no... Is it too late to get a refund? crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Really fun score

He's certainly captured the tackiness of a lot of 80s synth scores. All the things I dislike about 80s synth scores all collected together onto one album.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2016
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Really fun score

He's certainly captured the tackiness of a lot of 80s synth scores. All the things I dislike about 80s synth scores all collected together onto one album.

He, he...and all the things I ADORE about it is there. I thought you liked retro synth scores now and then, Alan?
    I am extremely serious.
  7. I do. But I don't have a blanket love for any genre. Some I like, some I don't. For example, King Fury I like, Eddie The Eagle I don't.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    I've done something quite extraordinary. I bought a new score (on iTunes) based solely on the recommendation of the above review. Not because the review is by my brother, but because it references Days of Thunder and the 80s.

If you don't like this, I honestly don't know what to recommend you anymore. But I have hope, I recommended you My All American, and that came out positive too wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2016
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I've done something quite extraordinary. I bought a new score (on iTunes) based solely on the recommendation of the above review. Not because the review is by my brother, but because it references Days of Thunder and the 80s.

If you don't like this, I honestly don't know what to recommend you anymore. But I have hope, I recommended you My All American, and that came out positive too wink

DAYS OF THUNDER isn't the first thing I relate to when I hear this, but I know what you mean -- esp. in tracks like "Oberstdorf".
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope.

Better than no hope at all... tongue
  10. My review of MISS PEREGRINE’S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2016/10/14/miss … -margeson/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017
    Earlier this fall, composer Matthew Margeson recorded his score to the third film in the horror series, Rings, directed by F. Javier Gutiérrez, and starring Vincent D’Onofrio, Laura Wiggins and Aimee Teegarden. Scoring took place at the MGM Scoring Stage at Sony, and we’re thrilled to share our exclusive photos from the scoring sessions with our readers!

http://scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  11. I thought Benjamin Wallfisch wrote that score? Must have been some sort of internal replacement that I missed...