• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010 edited
    See relevant thread for movie's details.

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … 10/#Item_1

CD out via Varese

Skyline
    UPC: 030206705720
    Artist: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Title: Skyline
    Composer: Matthew Margeson
    Release Date: 11/16/10

CD COVER
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/media/00 … fe5e_l.jpg

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

SKYLINE

Music Composed by
    Matthew Margeson

In the sci-fi thriller Skyline, strange lights descend on the city of Los Angeles, drawing people outside like moths to a flame where an extraterrestrial force threatens to swallow the entire human population off the face of the Earth.

Skyline is directed and produced by the Brothers Strause (Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem), whose company Hydraulx has provided visual effects for Avatar, Iron Man 2, The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button and 300.

Newcomer Matthew Margeson contributes an epic orchestral score.

Universal Pictures opens SKYLINE nationwide on November 12.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 057 2
    Release Date: 11/16/10

TRACK LIST:

1. Don’t Look Up (1:40)
    2. Abduction (3:29)
    3. The Escape (3:33)
    4. Ship Down (2:12)
    5. Skyline (2:40)
    6. They’re Not Dead (5:02)
    7. Make A Run For It (6:15)
    8. The Cavalry (2:41)
    9. Arrival (3:42)
    10. The Resurrection (2:17)
    11. Final Battle (3:14)
    12. Jared Is Changing (3:51)
    13. Vaya Con Dios (1:28)
    14. Loss Of A Friend (3:59)
    15. Inside The Ship (4:34)
    16. Damage Control (1:55)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010
    Did he replace Brian Tyler because Tyler was scoring Battle Los Angeles? Or was Tyler removed from the project forcibly due to legal troubles between the studios?
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010 edited
    Found this on fsm

Brian isn't scoring this film due to schedule conflict. He told me when I interviewed him last week. I was also looking out for this score. But we still have Battle: Los Angeles which is going to be cool and Fast Five! And music for 3 VG Lego Universe, Far Cry and True Crime.

(...)

Margeson is from Remote Control, former assistant to Klaus Badelt (on Constantine, where he first met Tyler) and James Dooley (2005-2008)... He did additional music & arrangements on several films in the past 2 years (Angels & Demons, Transformers 2, Kick-Ass, Henri 4, Monsters VS Aliens, Beverly Hills Chihuahua etc.).

He first started working with Brian Tyler on Dragonball Evolution, then did additional music on The Expendables.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Margeson is from Remote Control, former assistant to Klaus Badelt (on Constantine, where he first met Tyler) and James Dooley (2005-2008)... He did additional music & arrangements on several films in the past 2 years (Angels & Demons, Transformers 2, Kick-Ass, Henri 4, Monsters VS Aliens, Beverly Hills Chihuahua etc.).

He first started working with Brian Tyler on Dragonball Evolution, then did additional music on The Expendables.

vomit

Totally lost my interest.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2010
    CD COVER
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images … mp;s=music
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013
    Matthew Margeson Scoring ‘Kick-Ass 2′

I hope they don't blow it with the sequel 'cause the first movie was awesome!

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/03/13 … ick-ass-2/
  1. I hope it follows the tone of Kick Ass, because it was the music that made the film so awesome
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013
    I hope they can stick to ONE composer this time around, because although the first score is really entertaining, it's a hodgepodge of different styles and composers clashing together.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013
    Earlier this spring, composer Matthew Margeson recorded his and Henry Jackman's score for the action flick Kick-Ass 2, which opened last week, on August 16th. Directed by Jeff Wadlow, the sequel to 2010's hit stars Aaron Johnson, Chloë Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Jim Carrey. ScoringSessions.com is thrilled to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  2. oh man, I love this one so much: EDDIE THE EAGLE.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  3. I think we can change the thread title, no? smile
  4. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I think we can change the thread title, no? smile

Yeah. Admiiin!!! smile
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2016
    Change it? Change it to what? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I changed it yesterday.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah! OK! smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Synchrotones wrote
    oh man, I love this one so much: EDDIE THE EAGLE.

Just heard it now! I dig this one too!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2016
    How? Review copies? Is it available on Spotify yet? Next week, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2016
    Review copies, yes. I assume it gets released on Spotify etc. soon.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Digital release is the 11th , and the physical release is towards the end of this month.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2016
    One more day!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2016 edited
    Just heard it on Spotify. Well, that was rather disappointing. I mean, it's a cool score and has some nice pieces but ... I didn't know what to expect and all the enthusiasm is surprising. Has this any history I don't know of?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2016
    Bregt wrote
    Just heard it on Spotify. Well, that was rather disappointing. I mean, it's a cool score and has some nice pieces but ... I didn't know what to expect and all the enthusiasm is surprising. Has this any history I don't know of?

Not that I'm aware of, no. Well, the plot of the film certainly has -- at least for those who have any connection to ski jumping (I find the sport rather boring myself, but it's one of Norway's national sports, so anyone of my age and older are bound to remember the "cult figure" Eddie the Eagle from the 80s).

I guess you need to like the particular 80s style and idiom here to properly enjoy it. Retro electro scores are quite popular these days, but most of them are with a certain contemporary edge. In this case, Margeson seemed to go all-out in his efforts to re-create the Foster/ALF/Grusin/acid jazz/TV theme sound of the decade, and if you dig that -- which many of us do -- it's bound to please!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. It makes me feel happy. (And that takes some doing these days.)

But it does 'bug' me that this is now the 2nd time that a Margeson theme sounds rather a lot like stuff I wrote many years ago. #Mmmm....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2016
    Care to share, Pete? I'd love to hear it.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Only melody-wise (not soundwise). I might try and cut-n-paste a comparison together, could be funny. The other occasion is his Kick Ass 2 theme (unless it's Jackman's), and that one is really friggin' close, even soundwise!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2016
    Would be interesting.

I still remember when I first heard Williams' theme from THE EIGER SANCTION, which sounded suspiciously like a "baroque"-type melody I composed as a teenager!
    I am extremely serious.
  8. EDDIE THE EAGLE is a nice 80s revival affair. I am content though with staples of that decade's synth music that I have already.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  9. Thor wrote

It's certainly not showing off my cutting-and-pasting skills, but here you go... Synchrotones v Margeson! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2016
    Synchrotones wrote
    Thor wrote

It's certainly not showing off my cutting-and-pasting skills, but here you go... Synchrotones v Margeson! biggrin

Thanks. Very cool. The fanfaric chord progression of the KICK-ASS theme is fairly common, though (check out Eirik Myhr's THE TOUGH GUYS, for example), so I wouldn't be so worried about that.
    I am extremely serious.