• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010 edited
    From rottentomatoes:

Saw 3D Rating:11% Earns so far: $24.2M
    The Social Network Rating: 97% Earns: $4.7M
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010 edited
    But the Social Network came out three weeks ago and has earned to date $79.7M and earned $23 million on it's opening weekend. So, by now, a lot of people have seen the film and have moved on. You might not want to go see Saw 3D, which is fine, but it seems like the general public are looking for a good time especially over the Halloween weekend. A stupid horror film like Saw 3D accomplishes that. Hell, I watched the remake of Halloween on Saturday. Did it suck? Sure it did but it's what I wanted to see this weekend; a dumb horror film with a lot of people getting killed and tons of naked chicks! Call me stupid!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010
    I will wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    But the Social Network came out three weeks ago and has earned to date $79.7M and earned $23 million on it's opening weekend. So, by now, a lot of people have seen the film and have moved on. You might not want to go see Saw 3D, which is fine, but it seems like the general public are looking for a good time especially over the Halloween weekend. A stupid horror film like Saw 3D accomplishes that. Hell, I watched the remake of Halloween on Saturday. Did it suck? Sure it did but it's what I wanted to see this weekend; a dumb horror film with a lot of people getting killed and tons of naked chicks! Call me stupid!

-Erik-

As Harry sort of said to Lloyd 'just when I thought you couldn't get any stupider.......you go and totally redeem yourself'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    From rottentomatoes:

Saw 3D Rating:11% Earns so far: $24.2M
    The Social Network Rating: 97% Earns: $4.7M

conflicting according to Erik
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Still, people pay to see such things wink Anyway it was meant to be ironic but didn't come out the way i wanted to, obviously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    both films are bad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010 edited
    Social network is one of the cleverest and well-shot films i've seen for a long time. Great pace, excellent directing, intriguing acting and a plot of great interest if you're using facebook and the internet in general. I thought it was brilliant.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'd like to see Social Network but I can wait for a DVD release.

Saw 3D I can happily say is a film that I will go to my grave having never seen.

Perhaps I'll have the epitaph, Didn't Saw 3D.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin

Social network is pretty fine for dvd my friend, it's not one of those films you have to see at the cinema; but generally, it's a must-see in some form.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The reviews have been very favourable so yes, I will eventually see it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    i think i'll see it today
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    Mel reckoned that I couldn't eat these tiny chillies that she's chopping up to put in food, nonsense I tell her while I put five of the beggers in my mouth...........
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    It's a very good movie. The pace is unbeatable, and reminded me of Zodiac, which was just a pleasure to follow. While I know it's not all true and obviously changed and more dramatized than the actual story (Edguardo did make a mistake, and Mark was not really to blame for it), it's a really cool and interesting film. The details were a bit odd sometimes, and the cameo of Bill Gates rather funny.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010
    didn't get to see it yet
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    It's a very good movie. The pace is unbeatable, and reminded me of Zodiac, which was just a pleasure to follow. While I know it's not all true and obviously changed and more dramatized than the actual story (Edguardo did make a mistake, and Mark was not really to blame for it), it's a really cool and interesting film. The details were a bit odd sometimes, and the cameo of Bill Gates rather funny.

I did some reading around afterwards and i was suprised how much of the movie is actually true.

It's an excellent film, some of the best i've seen this year.