• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010
    01 November 2010
    Exclusive: First Full Tintin Pictures
    A look at Spielberg and Jackson's epic

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29355

Do we know who's scoring this?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tyler Bates and Raman Djawadi with original themes written by Atli Orvarsson. Original song "On A Hot Tin-Tin Roof" performed by Nickelback!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I really hope you're joking. Film music 2011 wouldn't hesitate to make such cruel jokes reality though freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Dood... it's Steven Spielberg. John Williams is scoring the film.

I can't believe that this isn't common knowledge by now. Spielberg directs, Williams composes.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i thought so smile But you never know these days, do you? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010 edited
    Yeah... this is one of those 110% for certain things that happens in Hollywood. Spielberg/Williams. Inseparable... unless you have a douche like Quincy Jones who insists on scoring the film because hes an executive producer, which thank Christ his not on Tin-Tin. What a jack ass!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Phewwwwwwww
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Yeah... this is one of those 110% for certain things that happens in Hollywood. Spielberg/Williams. Inseparable... unless you have a douche like Quincy Jones who insists on scoring the film because hes an executive producer, which thank Christ his not on Tin-Tin. What a jack ass!

-Erik-

I still await the return of Billy Goldenberg! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    Eagerly looking forward to both the film and score. I love the comics and I'm sure this one will give JW a wide musical palette to produce a magnificent score. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    It's been a long time since we had a new Williams score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011
    Oh yes. First trailer and website online!
    http://www.tintin-movie.net/

punk

I loved the comics and the original animated series, so this has to be very good to convince me. But since this was Spielberg's pet for a long time, I'm looking forward to it. Motion capture is always a risk though....
    Kazoo
  1. well well, it doesn't show you the big picture yet, but his surely looks like the best of today's computer animation.

Can't wait to see and hear the finished product wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Never read the comics and cartoons were quite annoying. Only interest for me is the score that's composed, and that will be from a composer's perspective: interested to hear Williams' composition.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I used to enjoy watching the cartoon. But I was six at the time. Not sure I'll be racing to see this. (The score is another matter.)
  3. I remember the cartoon from Saturday mornings, sharing time with the likes of Marine Boy. Although it was annoying, the cartoon characters are quite iconic. Wasn't there a live action version that tried to look exactly like the cartoon.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I used to enjoy watching the cartoon. But I was six at the time. Not sure I'll be racing to see this. (The score is another matter.)

I barely remember it, I was never a fan of TinTin but I'm looking forward to the score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I can't wait to see this. Another action adventure film from Spielberg (trying real hard to forget Crystal Skull) then you can sign me up... however, I don't want to see this in 3D. vomit

As for the score... this is the one aspect that I'm not hyped about. If Williams does something along the lines of Azkaban I'll be thrilled but if this goes anywhere near the bland Crystal Skull or some of the non-descript Star Wars prequel music I won't be impressed.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2011 edited
    Agreeed. ALthough I DID like the SW preques.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Not saying that I didn't like the Star Wars prequel scores but some of that action material is pretty bland. I would love to hear something more thematic like Quidditch 3rd Year than General Grievous which, while energetic, is rather weak and unmemorable compared to the rest of the material composed for the Star Wars universe.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote

Anyone in any doubt as to how much you've been enjoying your national day need read no further than this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I dearly, dearly love the Tintin graphic novels (the cartoons are shite).
    Thoroughly looking forward to this film!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011
    I'm a massive fan of Tintin as well, both the comics and the Ellipse TV series which I grew up watching (Explorers On The Moon is particularly dear to me and it's what got me interested in astronomy and physics all those years back). The trailer looks awesome and quite unique indeed. Apparently they've also tracked in scenes from The Crab With The Golden Claws into this one, that's really cool. I'm really looking forward to the score as well, John Williams is a composer who I still trust to write mindblowing themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote

Anyone in any doubt as to how much you've been enjoying your national day need read no further than this!

He, he....you mean because of the typos or because I like the prequels?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Some kind of spoilery speculation about the film´s story:
    [spoiler]I think they will throw us right into the middle of Crab as a prologue, not unlike those action prologue sequences every Indy or Bond movie starts with. That way, they can give Tintin a chance to meet Haddock and still have enough time for the real fun (Unicorn).[/spoiler]

I can´t wait to see this, although I doubt mainstream audiences are ready for a CGI movie like this one. I´m afraid it will blow at the office, at least in the US. Of course, it will be massive in Europe. Maybe they are already counting on that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I´m afraid it will blow at the office, at least in the US.

Eh? Spielberg directing an animated adventure film will = box office gold!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2011 edited
    I base my assumption on the fact that a lot of animated adventure movies, whether drawn or CGI-based, were rather unsuccessful. The Disney brand couldn´t save Atlantis, the combined power of Robert Zemeckis and Angelina Jolie couldn´t save Beowulf, and Final Fantasy bombed massively, too.

Yes, Spielberg is the god of adventure movies, but I´m afraid american audiences won´t be easily convinced to watch a CGI movie about a strange european guy with a strange haircut, whose adventures are based on european comic books. They can´t be good, can they? *sigh*

I want this movie to succeed, of course, but comments about the trailer everywhere just prove that ignorance is still one of the most successful movie-killers.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think they'll see "Spielberg" and "Peter Jackson" and go regardless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I base my assumption on the fact that a lot of animated adventure movies, whether drawn or CGI-based, were rather unsuccessful. The Disney brand couldn´t save Atlantis, the combined power of Robert Zemeckis and Angelina Jolie couldn´t save Beowulf, and Final Fantasy bombed massively, too.

Those are only a handful of flops. Look at how well How To Train Your Dragon did... based on a book written by a European -- over $200 million at the box office domestically. The Polar Express brought in close to $200 million. Tangled was a huge hit bringing in $200 million. The Princess and the Frog opened as the number one film and grossed over $100 million.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I want this movie to succeed, of course, but comments about the trailer everywhere just prove that ignorance is still one of the most successful movie-killers.

And mass marketing is a film's greatest strength. Tintin will be a huge hit! An advetnure film with the tag "A Steven Spielberg Film" can almost guarantee success! And in the full theatrical trailer I'm sure you will see a credit like "From the people who brought you Indiana Jones and The Lord of the Rings comes..." That's shit is money in the bank!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Erik, all those movies were family movies aimed at children. This one is aimed at a totally different audience with a complete different expectation. At least I HOPE it is.

Jackson couldn´t even motivate the audience to make King Kong the hit it deserved to be, and his last movie didn´t exactly connect with audiences either. They will love to watch his Hobbit movies, of course, but beyond the Tolkien stuff he´s having a hard time.

Spielberg is another matter. But a lot of people have lost faith in him, especially over Indy 4. And this is not an ordinary movie, so people will decide based upon the trailers, not because of his name.

On the other hand, I remember a lot of people doubting Avatar would become a hit.

As I said, I´d love to stand corrected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Erik, all those movies were family movies aimed at children. This one is aimed at a totally different audience with a complete different expectation. At least I HOPE it is.

It's going to be a film for everyone. Parents will be able to bring their kids and those without kids I'm sure are going to love it as well... that is if it's a good film... but I'm sure it will be a hit!

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Jackson couldn´t even motivate the audience to make King Kong the hit it deserved to be, and his last movie didn´t exactly connect with audiences either.

King Kong was a huge hit and finished with close to $250 million domestically. It was on Top 10 of 2005 lists and got a Golden Globe nomination for Best Picture. What else could you ask for?

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Spielberg is another matter. But a lot of people have lost faith in him, especially over Indy 4. And this is not an ordinary movie, so people will decide based upon the trailers, not because of his name.

I do recall people loosing faith in Spielberg many times and him coming back stronger than ever. Do I have to remind you of what film he made after 1941. BTW, Tintin is only one of two movies that Spielberg is making this year. The War Horse actually comes out 5 days after Tintin.

You don't give Spielberg enough credit. The guy is a box-office champion and his name alone brings people to the theatre.

-Erik-