• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    I ordered mine from Tadlow but it arrived in two days in Silva Screen packaging.

I guess they acted as my nearest distributor?

Same here Ant.

Have you listened to it yet?

Honestly I haven't had much time. I aim to correct this mistake at the weekend!

I've listened to the first three tracks. The first two of which were awesome, the third which I remember being quite jarring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Damn it Martijn but you say things I would like to say but you say them better using my own bleedin' language, I shall use my chagrin to have a pop at my old buddy Thor....yeah YOU! Now I do understand why you like your albums "a certain way" but the fact you're happy with the MILAN release of Conan just beggers belief.

Simply put old friend...

YOU'RE MISSING OUT!

Nah, I'm fine.

I just relistened to the Milan a few days ago (inspired by all the hooplah surrounding this) and I actually caught myself thinking that I was glad it finished when it did, since it had already started to SLIGHTLY grate at that point.

However, I'd like to sample some individual tracks of this, should it ever be released in some streaming service like Spotify.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. After Martijn's glowing review there is no doubt left (not that there ever was, I just waited to add other titles to this one), so I'll order it ASAP, and I'll wait for a listen until I have the shiny case in my hands.

Yes, I can do that !!!! smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I've had it for 3 days and I haven't listened to it yet...probably won't for at least another week...do I belong in a mental institution? smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    At the very least I would suggest that wherever you belong, at least you'll meet Thor there...
    devil

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Damn it Martijn but you say things I would like to say but you say them better using my own bleedin' language, I shall use my chagrin to have a pop at my old buddy Thor....yeah YOU! Now I do understand why you like your albums "a certain way" but the fact you're happy with the MILAN release of Conan just beggers belief.

Simply put old friend...

YOU'RE MISSING OUT!

Nah, I'm fine.

I just relistened to the Milan a few days ago (inspired by all the hooplah surrounding this) and I actually caught myself thinking that I was glad it finished when it did, since it had already started to SLIGHTLY grate at that point.

However, I'd like to sample some individual tracks of this, should it ever be released in some streaming service like Spotify.

*sigh*
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Well, I'm definitely more passionate about it than Thor is.
    I mean, I bought it within 5 minutes of seeing it on SAE, and that was with a bunch of credit card debt and my music budget for the month already in the red.

I'm just ridiculously OCD about scheduling my listening.

That being said, it is calling too strongly, so I shall listen to it first thing on Monday morning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    I have the oddest sense of apotheosis.

Seriously.
    It's like everything I ever loved from film music has finally come together in one blinding zenith.

I have always been open to new music and new interpretations, and have enjoyed much.
    But it just never ever got quite as good as this.

I have yet to receive mine! crazy crazy crazy
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. I've got the people at Tadlow Mon the case - even though James Fitzpatrick is on holiday in Chile!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've got the people at Tadlow Mon the case - even though James Fitzpatrick is on holiday in Chile!

He's gone mining?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I have the oddest sense of apotheosis.

Seriously.
    It's like everything I ever loved from film music has finally come together in one blinding zenith.

I have always been open to new music and new interpretations, and have enjoyed much.
    But it just never ever got quite as good as this.

I have yet to receive mine! crazy crazy crazy

My came within 4 days, but I did order direct from Tadlow.

Still waiting for Red Sonja though.
  3. I'm the opposite! Still waiting for Conan from Tadlow. But Red Sonja arrived this morning.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    it is absolutely stunning and as great as film music can get. It is a must for every lover of film music out there. No exceptions.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    it is absolutely stunning and as great as film music can get. It is a must for every lover of film music out there. No exceptions.

For me it is in the top 5 film scores ever written, it may even be # 1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, and with this release it's surely gained extra value.
    • CommentAuthorShawnS
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010 edited
    As great as this release is, some of the small changes here and there make this just a tad below perfect for me. I'll be humming along the very memorable melodies and then all of a sudden it takes a slightly different turn that I don't remember in the original recording. Some changes improve on the original recording, while others take away some of the magic. This score is very close to my heart. Therefore, any change is instantly recognizable. Still highly recommended, but nothing replaces the original.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

For me it is in the top 5 film scores ever written, it may even be # 1.

You know, I think I'm coming around to this notion myself.
    I'm totally flawed by this new release! Gob-smacked in fact!
    "Perfection" is not an overstatement in this case! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2010 edited
    Atham wrote
    I'm totally flawed by this new release!

Are you saying that the music is so good that it is a better human being than you are?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Atham wrote

The new release is FAAAAAAAR from perfect but the score itself... pretty darn close.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    So I'm wondering if it's worth buying? Or do you get the best music on the original release (I have the cheap org. release, not the Varese)?

Generally I've been a little disappointed with expanded releases in the past, where the only one I really enjoyed was the Deluxe Edition of Giacchino's Star Trek. For instance the expanded Batman release earlier this year was a disappointment - maybe because I think the original release is the perfect soundtrack album. And Conan is a fantastic score as well, so I'm a little nervous about throwing money out of the window here, if I just get disappointed...

But guess I'll just have to take a chance. There's always eBay, if I want to sell it again... smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's worth every penny!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Absolutely, as i said: a must have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Scribe wrote
    Atham wrote
    I'm totally flawed by this new release!

Are you saying that the music is so good that it is a better human being than you are?

LOL My spelling is flawed that's for sure! But I'm still floored by the full score release here.
    I've always loathed the original recording (that's the recording not performance) and have yearned for a re-recording or super re-mastering/remix of the complete original.
    Well, I'll settle for a re-recording of this quality!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Ordered! And threw in the Red Sonja album as well... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Atham wrote

The new release is FAAAAAAAR from perfect but the score itself... pretty darn close.

-Erik-

I'm not arguing perfection.
    Obviously everyone has their own definition cq. standard for that, and on many different levels.
    Suffice to say that for me this recording is the closest anyone every got to how I feel the score should sound. That, put together with the extreme esteem I hold this work in, makes this CD the most enjoyable, powerful and emotional listen I have had in many years.

I am very, very happy with it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    Amen to that bro cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    I received Conan of Arabia and Lawrence The Barbarian. This will be a spoiled day!

Just had a quick first listen to the first track of Conan and it was a spectacular start of my day. Much more epic than the original cd (I only have heard the Milan release). Fuuuuck!
    Kazoo
  4. punk

I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks for it to arrive. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    I received Conan of Arabia and Lawrence The Barbarian. This will be a spoiled day!

Just had a quick first listen to the first track of Conan and it was a spectacular start of my day. Much more epic than the original cd (I only have heard the Milan release). Fuuuuck!

If you've only heard the Milan release then you're in for a massive treat punk
  5. For those that know what they're talking about... on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the Milan compared to the Varese compared to the Tadlow release?