• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010
    Nope! I'll want your shield up otherwise there's no fun in killing you by death.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Awesome! Go Basil! Conaaaan!
    Don't know if this release is overkill but it's sure nice that we get it for under $25.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Nope! I'll want your shield up otherwise there's no fun in killing you by death.

But it's what I'd deserve, no? An undefended, shameful and merciless death, don't you agree?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No I don't.

I see now that I must suffer you to live, mayhap I'll weld a pair of headphones to your ears with Conan stuck on replay until you repent your sins wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or Tyler Bates....

No, ignore that. That would equal pleasure to him!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So, you're gonna need any oil for that battle?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Maybe? Depends on whether I decide to include the use of fire. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010 edited
    Sexy :indianajones:
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    There aren't a lot of new scores out I hear that are worth paying for more than the average Maurice Jarre score.

Opinions differ on that one!

For me, Jarre has yet to wow me with anything. I'd always prefer to listen to something his son produced. wink

In your case though, I have faith that you've given Jarre more than a fair try. wink

I struggle to think of the composers working now that consistently produce better works than Jarre. There were a few more six years ago - Goldsmith, Bernstein, Poledouris, Kamen, etc - but unfortunately many of them are now dead.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010
    I recommend having a look at the 'Conan The Barbarian ( complete 2 CD )' thread at FSM, go to the 4th page and read comments by James Fitzpatrick and Maurizio for some very insightful behind the scenes info.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010
    Once upon a time when LPs were around , I played the Milan Conan release to dead !
    Then I bought the Milan/Warner CD release and a while after that the Varèse one because it had some awesome extra tracks ! Shall I buy this release ? Mmm , that's a though one ... mmm , I guess ... mmm , let me think about it ... BY CROM - I BLOODY WILL !! This is a dream come true !

C'mon , jump on the Conan banana bandwagon Gilles ! This score is epic ! wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  3. That bit is a good example of how good the FSM messageboard can be. Lots of interesting information - including the original source for the "Tower of Set" sequence.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Eric wrote
    Once upon a time when LPs were around , I played the Milan Conan release to dead !
    Then I bought the Milan/Warner CD release and a while after that the Varèse one because it had some awesome extra tracks ! Shall I buy this release ? Mmm , that's a though one ... mmm , I guess ... mmm , let me think about it ... BY CROM - I BLOODY WILL !! This is a dream come true !

C'mon , jump on the Conan banana bandwagon Gilles ! This score is epic ! wink

It is epic Eric, and I will most definitely listen to the extended release, only then will I be able to tell if my old Varese album does it justice... But probably not ! wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010 edited
    I've just now listened to the clips, and having listened to the Varèse release this morning I only have to SCREAM one word.

ORDERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least when I make my next purchase at SAE.

It blows my mind how much power the Prague Philharmonic and choir add to the overall soundscape of this score. I had no idea. shocked

You happy Eric and Tim?
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    I'm pretty sure that the tadlow cover will be on the inside and the prometheus cover will be on the front - just like the alamo. I like the Tadlow covers better, but Prometheus is pumping $$ into these so it should be their artwork I suppose
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    Also Erik said El Cid 3 cd is no longer available- MovieMusic still has it
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Crom , I have never prayed to you before . I have no tongue for it . No one , not even you , will remember if we were good men or bad . Why we fought , or why we died . All that matters is that two stood against many . That's what's important ! Valor pleases you , Crom ... so grant me one request . Grant Gilles his own copy of the complete re-recorded soundtrack of my own film . And if you do not listen , then to HELL with you ! biggrin

Yes , me happy Gilles ... wink
  5. tjguitar wrote
    Also Erik said El Cid 3 cd is no longer available- MovieMusic still has it

And I have it, but I won't sell it. cheesy

I don't care one bit about the covers, when you put either one of those two round babies into your CD player, those covers are instantly forgotten.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote

I don't care one bit about the covers, when you put either one of those two round babies into your CD player, those covers are instantly forgotten.

Right on ! punk
  6. Eric wrote
    Crom , I have never prayed to you before . I have no tongue for it . No one , not even you , will remember if we were good men or bad . Why we fought , or why we died . All that matters is that two stood against many . That's what's important ! Valor pleases you , Crom ... so grant me one request . Grant Gilles his own copy of the complete re-recorded soundtrack of my own film . And if you do not listen , then to HELL with you ! biggrin

Yes , me happy Gilles ... wink

Awesome dude !!!! beer biggrin

You see, returning to this forum after being AWOL is a good thing, but not for my wallet... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Right on ! punk

People still use CD players? slant *

For me, digital artwork is the only thing that makes bearable the sacrifice-of-tangibility-for-convenience that is digital audio.

*said in jest
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote
    You see, returning to this forum after being AWOL is a good thing, but not for my wallet... smile

I completely know what you mean !
    Soundtracks , DVDs , Blu-Rays ...
    My wallet mostly can't keep up !
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    I've just now listened to the clips, and having listened to the Varèse release this morning I only have to SCREAM one word.

ORDERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least when I make my next purchase at SAE.

It blows my mind how much power the Prague Philharmonic and choir add to the overall soundscape of this score. I had no idea. shocked

You happy Eric and Tim?

I would expect so. I've purposely not listened to the clips.
  7. Scribe wrote

People still use CD players? slant *

YES !!!!!!

I couldn't live without them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Yep , mine is seriously spinning as I type this ! spin
    CD players rule ! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Haven't checked in this instance, but ordering through Tadlow's site is usually cheaper. Free shipping, too.
  8. Eric wrote
    Yep , mine is seriously spinning as I type this ! spin
    CD players rule ! cool

We're old school man! And proud of it !!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Screw CD's, future belongs to vinyls wink I am not kidding, vinyls are currently starting to wake up and are HOT in lot of musical genres. And did i mention great? wink
  9. Oh man, but you have to handle them well, they're too big and I doubt they will be available for the genres I'm interested in.

No thanks. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Screw CD's, future belongs to vinyls wink I am not kidding, vinyls are currently starting to wake up and are HOT in lot of musical genres. And did i mention great? wink

Hey D, is there any handwritten dates on the inside sleeves of the vinyls I sent to you? For whatever reason I used to write the date when I bought a new album.