• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    04 November 2010
    New Tree Of Life Poster
    And a synopsis for Malick's latest

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29392
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    No Dinosaurs? BOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010 edited
    A CAM VERSION of the official trailer for TREE OF LIFE has leaked online this weekend, and although I'd normally never watch such a leaked version of a trailer, I just could not contain myself. I HAD to see this, I am so hyped for this film, and MAN IS THIS AWESOME.

This is SO Malick, several times during the trailer I caught myself yelling WOOHOOW. I can understand it if you want to wait for a proper, HD version of this to be released online officially by Fox, but those of us who really can't wait for a sneak peak of this, see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi8o329-CwY

CAN'T. FUCKIN. WAIT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010
    No dinosaurs? sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010
    Plenty of shots of an aged Sean Penn... does that count? And shots from the universe!

Dinosaurs may follow. Be patient!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010
    BobdH wrote
    A CAM VERSION of the official trailer for TREE OF LIFE has leaked online this weekend, and although I'd normally never watch such a leaked version of a trailer, I just could not contain myself. I HAD to see this, I am so hyped for this film, and MAN IS THIS AWESOME.

This is SO Malick, several times during the trailer I caught myself yelling WOOHOOW. I can understand it if you want to wait for a proper, HD version of this to be released online officially by Fox, but those of us who really can't wait for a sneak peak of this, see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi8o329-CwY

CAN'T. FUCKIN. WAIT.

Looks very intriguing, but I can't really make out what it's ABOUT! Plus, I've always disliked Brad Pitt.

But regardless, a new Malick is always an event in itself.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Brad Pitt is a better actor than people think. Se7en is an obvious example, but also a brilliant appearance in Burn After Reading. THAT was brilliant.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Nice use of Smetana! Not sure what the other music is though?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    No dinosaurs? sad

slant crazy angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Brad Pitt did a lot of great acting afterwards Se7en; he's truly one of the most gifted actors, imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Finally a movie I look forward to! That trailer is amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Brad Pitt did a lot of great acting afterwards Se7en; he's truly one of the most gifted actors, imo.

Sorry, I've yet to see one single film where Pitt did anything more than irritate - and yes, that includes SEVEN, BENJAMIN BUTTON or any other socalled arty film in recent years.

The only film where it KINDA worked was TWELVE MONKEYS. And, I guess, THELMA & LOUISE, where he only had a small role as a "hunk".

He's not as bad as Adam Sandler, Ben Affleck or Keanu Reeves, but he's in the same league, IMO.

Hopefully, Malick's film will be strong enough, stylistically, to move the attention away from Pitt. But I doubt it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Really?
  3. FIGHT CLUB?

THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD?

I agree totally about BEN BUTTON, and even to some extent SE7EN, but the above two make a strong case for him, I feel.

As for Adam Sandler, I cite PUNCHDRUNK LOVE in his defense. Confuse not the screen persona that makes him money with his range as a performer.

I do agree about Ben Affleck though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    FIGHT CLUB?

THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD?

Yup, those too.

As for Adam Sandler, I cite PUNCHDRUNK LOVE in his defense. Confuse not the screen persona that makes him money with his range as a performer.

I'd rather wax off my body hair with boiling oil than admit even an ounce of talent in Mr. Sandler's acting capabilities. And yes, that includes PUNCH. I'm sure he's a cool guy and everything, but he has nothing whatsoever to do on a screen.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sandler can't act. Fact smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Pitt is not bad as an actor at all, Thor, no way would I lump him with Keanu Reeves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Pitt is not bad as an actor at all, Thor, no way would I lump him with Keanu Reeves.

Let's just say that if all of the aforementioned were in the non-league football system, Pitt would lead his group. But he's still part OF that group.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. All this is making me wonder about a new series by a label of complete and chronological score releases for the films of Brad Pitt...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    For those holding back on seeing the TREE OF LIFE trailer before it went on HD official: REJOICE, FOR IT APPEARED ONLINE! Go QUICK-QUICK-QUICK over to Apple to behold its glory!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox_ … reeoflife/
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sleep This is not for me.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No DINOSAURS! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! tongue
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Sandler can't act. Fact smile

really? Then please check out of Punch Drunk Love and Reign over Me, 2 stunning performances of Sandler wink , I even want to bring Spanglish in this list too, very good performance of him

I agree though that most of his other roles do tend to irritate me, but that's because directors ask him to be that way. Those 3 roles show you that the man has other qualities too
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Those 2 are indeed good (not Spanglish though) but really, he has the same stoned attitude and look in both those films. Maybe that should ring a bell wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    BobdH wrote
    For those holding back on seeing the TREE OF LIFE trailer before it went on HD official: REJOICE, FOR IT APPEARED ONLINE! Go QUICK-QUICK-QUICK over to Apple to behold its glory!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox_ … reeoflife/

Beautiful!

This movie has the potential to be one of my favorite movies ever. My ratings for Terence Malick movies:

1. The Thin Red Line *****
    2. Days of Heaven *****
    3. The New World ****
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    Great trailer, maybe one of the best ever made! This looks like a film right up my alley, even though Brad Pitt is in it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010 edited
    Cristian wrote
    My ratings for Terrence Malick movies:

2. Days of Heaven *****
    3. The New World ****

And what about Badlands? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Haven't seen Badlands; any good?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    BobdH wrote
    Cristian wrote
    My ratings for Terrence Malick movies:

2. Days of Heaven *****
    3. The New World ****

And what about Badlands? tongue

I haven't seen it yet. How is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010 edited
    It's pretty good, like a much better and more contemplative version of Bonnie and Clyde. Yet it's also the least Malickian film of his. It's obvious his style really developed come Days of Heaven on, and Thin Red Line specifically, even though it still has a very fine pacing. If you love him as a director, you need to see this of course, even if its just to be able to say you've seen all his films. wink But don't expect the usual Tarkovsky-like Malick tricks.