• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. No, they´ll deadwalk all over you.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    nothing beats 28 weeks / days later when it comes to zombie movies and scores

I like 28 Days and 28 Weeks too, the second one because it's a thrill ride once it starts smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Eric wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    OK, so we have Eric providing the DVD's, now for a location... I have a tiny house with a miniture living room (as Thomas can testify to), so unless only three people show up, we'll have to look for a different location. I am willing to provide (healthy and slightely less healthy snacks).

Anybody have any idea's for location?

Elin

Can't we hire one of the screening rooms in Metropolis ? wink

It looks like it's only the two of us Elin !
    I'll bring the films and the drinks ... and don't worry , I don't bite ... biggrin

My brother is right, it so happens that my parents will be going out of town soon (for a week or so), leaving a wonderful giant couch at our disposal, with a big screen and sweet surround system at our disposal, meaning it's perfect for our zombie / horror night.

We'll keep in touch concerning the actual date, but a saturday in late november or early december is definitely possible.

what do you guys think? smile

Ps, haven't seen the Walking Dead yet, gonna watch once I have all the episodes. So that I can rush through it, like it do with so many series

I hate waiting for about a week shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    My brother is right, it so happens that my parents will be going out of town soon (for a week or so), leaving a wonderful giant couch at our disposal, with a big screen and sweet surround system at our disposal, meaning it's perfect for our zombie / horror night.

We'll keep in touch concerning the actual date, but a saturday in late november or early december is definitely possible.

what do you guys think? smile

Sounds excellent Thomas !
    Keep us posted ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    i thought you were going to say something involving chicks :p
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Christodoulides wrote
    i thought you were going to say something involving chicks :p

rolleyes biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  4. Sorry I was of the grid for a bit, but I have (literally) been swamped with work. For those of you who don't live in Belgium and/or haven't heard about it: almost half of the country is flooded right now (luckily not me personally) but my work is actually helping to predict the gauge heights in these rivers. So this weekend, we have been working extensively (apparently my boss has been at it since 3 AM this morning, forecasting and briefing river managers etc).

But now onto even more horrific topics: zombies.

It sounds like a plan, Thomas. Next Friday doesn't work for me, but from then onwards I am available.
    Maybe we should open a new thread about zombie - movie - nights and move all the non Walking Dead messages to that thread?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010
    Aw. sad Too bad it's all the way over in Belgium.
    I used to love such evenings.
    Reminds me of how I watched the first couple of seasons of Babylon 5.
    A friend of mine got tapes from an acquaintance the US (remember kids, this was BEFORE the Internet was a common household tool!), and we'd all gather around a small, mono TV to watch, like, six or seven episodes a pop.

Great fun!
    (Except for the fact that he also used to invite some bad, nigh-autistic, anti-social type of nerd frieds as well.
    The type that doesn't believe in things like underarm deodorant or tooth paste.
    Made the room pretty rank after a few hours. vomit )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Aw. sad Too bad it's all the way over in Belgium.
    I used to love such evenings.
    Reminds me of how I watched the first couple of seasons of Babylon 5.
    A friend of mine got tapes from an acquaintance the US (remember kids, this was BEFORE the Internet was a common household tool!), and we'd all gather around a small, mono TV to watch, like, six or seven episodes a pop.

Great fun!
    (Except for the fact that he also used to invite some bad, nigh-autistic, anti-social type of nerd frieds as well.
    The type that doesn't believe in things like underarm deodorant or tooth paste.
    Made the room pretty rank after a few hours. vomit )

Oh noes....I know the type!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    fuck
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The only solution for someone who pen & inks is the old rope-a-dope.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010 edited
    Sorry, I'm a puss for zombies and horror movies. I tried 28 days & weeks and I have to agree, they're quite good, but most of the other stuff I've seen only scares the crap out of me.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  5. Rian wrote
    Sorry, I'm a puss for zombies and horror movies. I tried 28 days & weeks and I have to agree, they're quite good, but most of the other stuff I've seen only scares the crap out of me.

all the reason to see this with friends and not alone! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    zombies scare people ? That is interesting !
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No. Zombies eat people.
    The people who find zombies interesting generally are the first on the menu.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Rian wrote

Come on Maxime, you just bring Patty along and you sqeeze her hand when it gets too much. tongue

No seriously, Thomas is right. This is supposed to be a fun evening with friends. I might jump up and down and put a pillow over my head if it gets 'too scary'.

Please, pretty please, come along.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  7. Normally I don't get scared by zombies, they're just not terrifying enough. But what really gets my blood going and my neck hairs up is the unexplained supernatural phenomena, as seen in Paranormal Activity, Poltergeist, The Exorcist, the unseen terror so to speak. Much higher on the scare-o-meter. freezing
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    zombies are fun people nothing to be scared of. Metaphysical things are the scary shit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Zombies are NOT fun people, trust me, I've known some.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I definitely get scared by zombies, and they often appear in my nightmares. I remember one awhile back in which all the zombies had to do was to touch me before I turned. However, it quickly wore off, but then another zombie touched you all over again and then you had it going (I'm not sure if that made sense, but it was quite scary...especially because I also had family members to care for).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    sunil?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    sunil?

No, Sunil was a vampire, I'm talking zombies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010 edited
    Count me in too! I will bring dead cats, just to spice up the evening.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    Seriously, Bregt. kill
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Zombies? Vampires? Whatever next? Pet Semetary botherers??

Oh, here's Bregt!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, and
    Christodoulides wrote
    Seriously, Bregt. kill

yeah ^What he said. angry
  8. Bregt wrote
    Count me in too! I will bring dead cats, just to spice up the evening.

excellent, as long as you stay away from our cat in the process wink
  9. Knowing our cat, she'll hide in fear and won't be seen... slant
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Knowing our cat, she'll hide in fear and won't be seen... slant

I'm not surprised considering the walking abomination that is named Bregt.