• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2012
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Hi all,

Just like the damn page crazy

<...>

I don't care what you do it for, just hit the like button. beer

biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Hi all,

No seriously, Bregt and I put quite some effort into it, and we would really like to see some likes added there.
    Do it for the Maintitles Kazoo
    Do it for Bregt or me
    Do it for Bear

We want this soundtrack (with a 'Thank you to maintaitles.net for the kazoo' in the liner notes.)

- Do it for the cause of all soundtracks deserving of a release, but that don't recieve one! Do it for all the hard working composers that put their life in their work, to then be weighed by label executives - not by the strength of their accomplishment (of course not, how unthinkable!) but by the promise of a sufficiently rewarding profit - and found too light! Do it because you care about the big picture! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Hi all,

Done.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2012 edited
    Do it for a few dollars more
    Do it for Roseanna
    Do it for your eyes only
    Do it for love of the game
    Do it for those about to rock
    Do it automatic for the people

Just DO it!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    NP: Just Do It - Atlantis the Lost Empire - James Newton Howard
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    markrayen wrote
    - Do it for the cause of all soundtracks deserving of a release, but that don't recieve one! Do it for all the hard working composers that put their life in their work, to then be weighed by label executives - not by the strength of their accomplishment (of course not, how unthinkable!) but by the promise of a sufficiently rewarding profit - and found too light! Do it because you care about the big picture! smile

That's the main point of the page says as well.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Hi all,

No seriously, Bregt and I put quite some effort into it, and we would really like to see some likes added there.
    Do it for Bregt or me
    Do it for Bear

We want this soundtrack (with a 'Thank you to maintaitles.net for the kazoo' in the liner notes.)

I hadn't planned to do it, as I don't really know this score enough to honestly say that I want a release. But I found it impossible to resist a plea like yours. The page is hereby liked.

Peter beer
  1. Hi everybody,

Thank you so much for liking it.

My internetconnection had been down sinds last afternoon, and it was a joy to log on and see 'Plindboe' with the newly added likers...

Then I surfed over here and I could read all the others had joined in.

329 likes in a bit over 24h, not bad, but not great (just yet).
    Will be creating somewhat more noise in the future (be on the look out for that).

But thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

That kazoo will be praised in the liner notes (if I have to set up a FB page for it ;-) ).

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Hi all,

Do it for Bregt or me
    Do it for Bear

Do it for Bear? What is he, our bf? wink I'd do it for the rest of you though; i am careless towards the show, completely.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. A general comment: maybe do it because of the music?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Demetris wrote
    Do it for Bear? What is he, our bf? wink I'd do it for the rest of you though; i am careless towards the show, completely.

Well, thank you nonetheless.
    The show is OK, the music (as Alan pointed out) deserves a chance, and I can tell you, there are gorgeous pieces in there. And I really hope you'll be able to agree after being able to get your hands on an album :-)

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012
    News of the Walking Dead Soundtrack Facebook page makes headlines at MTV.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/04/03/wa … -campaign/

Way to go, guys!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012 edited
    Very, very cool!

:dance-zombie:
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nice!!

More noise, please!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OK.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Nice!!

More noise, please!

Eh?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...it was a reference to Bregt asking us to 'make some noise' to let the campaign be heard. Getting it out on MTV must surely be great 'noisemaking'.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oooooh.... ok. shame

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent news ! Congrats !!
  4. Bear Mccreary nows how to work a fanbase, that's for sure! punk
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2012
    Excellent news!
  5. Thor wrote
    He, he...it was a reference to Bregt asking us to 'make some noise' to let the campaign be heard. Getting it out on MTV must surely be great 'noisemaking'.

Indeed it is. biggrin

franz_conrad wrote
    Bear Mccreary nows how to work a fanbase, that's for sure! punk

Or he knows people who know how to work his fanbase (looking at herself and Bregt here, and a big thank you to Bob as he now also joined the group as our strategic mastermind beer ).

I don't know where this is going to end, but the ride is sure fun...

Elin
  6. Hey, any man who can get free advocacy - which is what this seems to be to me - deserves a respectful nod...

... and probably has a future in politics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He sure can get a lot of groupies at a glance wink :p
  7. I didn't quite mean it like that! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    franz_conrad wrote
    Hey, any man who can get free advocacy - which is what this seems to be to me - deserves a respectful nod...

franz_conrad wrote
    Hey, any man who can get free advocacy - which is what this seems to be to me - deserves a respectful nod...

agree
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    (looking at herself and Bregt here, and a big thank you to Bob as he now also joined the group as our strategic mastermind beer ).

Strategic mastermind... oeh, that sounds good. And a bit evil. But good. This mastermind is a bit out of the running now, though, due to sickness, but I will soon return.

I haven't seen the series yet, nor have I heard the score, but it sure is fun. Just in terms of marketing - how do we get that number of likes as high as possible? It's interesting to see how much you can do by just using social media.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012
    And The Infamous MainTitles Kazoo is mentioned again here, in an interview at ComicCon.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page … p;id=39927

punk
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    punk Green! punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt