• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007 edited
    Anyone getting any, I cant afford it right now, in a way Im glad, no money like I said. Im listening to the LP transfer of Jaws 3-D and Im not real impressed, it does have a nice main title . Michael Smalls Jaws Revenge would have been a better choice, IMHO of course.
    As for the others I dont want to know , at least right now.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007
    What are the new ones? wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2007 edited
    Geesh bregt, hehe, ok ........

Alan Parker, Jaws 3 D.......Michael Smalls Jaws Revenge is a better choice as I said

Jerry Fielding...the Mechanic

J A C Redford...One Night with the King

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hehe, thx. smile

Not really big titles here?
    Seems like it goes in silence too, or perhaps just here.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Mechanic might be interesting
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    they are raving about Jaws 3 D over at that other board , dont know why.

whatever.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  1. Maybe it´s in 3D... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I actually saw that movie in 3 D, it was OK in a stupid sort of way.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Mechanic was an instant purchase for me, a stunning release. I'll hold fire on the others. If they disappear before I make my mind up, not too bothered. Don't really know why I'm bothering to wait, it's not like any reviews will appear anywhere anyway.
  2. I heard Jaws 3D, in good sound it might be somewhat fun but still nothing special. If I had to chose, Jaws: The Revenge by Michael Small is definitely better

But who I am to judge wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Jaws 3 is a childhood favourite. This was one of the first VHS movies I owned and I nearly wore out the tape. I mainly watched this terrible film for the music... and that rousing fanfare heard in the main title cue brings back the memories. A fun, fun score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    The Mechanic might be interesting

The Mechanic interests me but funds are low so it'll have to wait.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. I have an LP transfer of Jaws 3-D and it's okay - but not good enough for me to get it again. The Mechanic was interesting but the clips didn't do much for me. But, One Night With The King sounds as though it could be a good listen. I'm not acquainted with any of Redford's music, so I'm interested to hear this one when it arrives.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Redford's a good composer, his D3 The Mighty Ducks score is awesome, but then I'm a Mighty Ducks fanatic cheesy

Bregt, I must review the Mighty Ducks 3 promo here wink
    Can I? Can I please? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Redford's a good composer, his D3 The Mighty Ducks score is awesome, but then I'm a Mighty Ducks fanatic cheesy

Really? Oh man... 3 of the worst hockey film on this planet. Now, you wanna see a GREAT hockey film... no, not Slapshot... but The Rocket. A Canadian production chronicling the life and times of the great Maurice"The Rocket" Richard. Now that's how you do a hockey film.

THE FLYING "V"? Garbage!!! And embarrassment to the game of hockey!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Redford's a good composer, his D3 The Mighty Ducks score is awesome, but then I'm a Mighty Ducks fanatic cheesy

Really? Oh man... 3 of the worst hockey film on this planet. Now, you wanna see a GREAT hockey film... no, not Slapshot... but The Rocket. A Canadian production chronicling the life and times of the great Maurice"The Rocket" Richard. Now that's how you do a hockey film.

THE FLYING "V"? Garbage!!! And embarrassment to the game of hockey!

-Erik-

When you grow up with something, no matter how childish, that sticks with you
    I know its Disney, and I heard something of The Rocket, I've yet to see it
    But to me its all about childhood innocence, and that's why I like The Mighty Ducks movies, because those darn kids put a smile on my face wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    But to me its all about childhood innocence, and that's why I like The Mighty Ducks movies, because those darn kids put a smile on my face wink

Oh... I here ya. I saw the film as a kid, too. Ok, I was 16... but I'm a HUGE hockey fan and when I saw the movie I shuddered and shook my head is disbelief. And then when Anaheim named their team the Mighty Ducks I nearly lost it. God how I HATE those movies. Hate them with a passion!!! I'd rather watch Little Giants.

-Erik-
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Oh... I here ya. I saw the film as a kid, too. Ok, I was 16... but I'm a HUGE hockey fan and when I saw the movie I shuddered and shook my head is disbelief. And then when Anaheim named their team the Mighty Ducks I nearly lost it. God how I HATE those movies. Hate them with a passion!!! I'd rather watch Little Giants.

-Erik-

Little Giants I saw only once, I guess its the same kind of childhoof innocent Disney fun, I guess if you're a football fan you'll cringe at that too, why take it so seriously? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

-Erik-

Little Giants I saw only once, I guess its the same kind of childhoof innocent Disney fun, I guess if you're a football fan you'll cringe at that too, why take it so seriously? wink

Oh... I take hockey VERY seriously. And I'm not being sarcastic. If I have to I will die defending the greatest game on earth!

-Erik-
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

-Erik-

Oh... I take hockey VERY seriously. And I'm not being sarcastic. If I have to I will die defending the greatest game on earth!

-Erik-

what is your opinion then on Miracle and Mystery Alaska? I consider those 2 good hockey movies
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    what is your opinion then on Miracle and Mystery Alaska? I consider those 2 good hockey movies

Miracle was very well acted. The on-ice sequences could have been better and the actual MIRACLE ON ICE was a bit weak. Looked like they filmed the US/Russia game on some local rink.

As for Mystery, Alaska --> Cringe worthy. How can I take Burt Reynolds seriously as a hockey coach? And a team of misfits coming close to beating a pro hcokey team... it would NEVER happen. However, I do like the way it ended until the "single clap turning into a big appluse moment." ARGH!

You know, if I ever had the money I would love to film a series of books I read in high school about a high school aged Polish immigrant, rise from non-skater to draft pick for the Toronto Maple Leafs. He then gets a shot at trying-out with the team. That's realistic. The final shot would be our main character, in slow motion, stepping on to the Maple Leafs Gardens ice for the very first time with 14 thousand fans strong cheering Go Leafs Go during an exhibition game. You see him skate around the rink, letting it all sink in because this could be the one and only chance to do this. The film ends not with a last second goal scored or anything that cheesy but with a fade to black and a title card saying that the kid didn't make the team but just stepping on the Maple Leafs Gardens ice, with that jersey on, and all those fans cheering was really our characters dream come true. Cornball, I know, but I know dozens of guys who said that just stepping on the ice and wearing that jersey for one game would be good enough for them. I think it translates throughout all sports. Anyway, the film would loose a shit load of cash but at least it would be the most realistic account of the game possible. From the hard practices, to the shitty travel, to the year round training, to the expectations of being the best of the best, etc. I would love to see that

-Erik-
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

Miracle was very well acted. The on-ice sequences could have been better and the actual MIRACLE ON ICE was a bit weak. Looked like they filmed the US/Russia game on some local rink.

As for Mystery, Alaska --> Cringe worthy. How can I take Burt Reynolds seriously as a hockey coach? And a team of misfits coming close to beating a pro hcokey team... it would NEVER happen. However, I do like the way it ended until the "single clap turning into a big appluse moment." ARGH!

You know, if I ever had the money I would love to film a series of books I read in high school about a high school aged Polish immigrant, rise from non-skater to draft pick for the Toronto Maple Leafs. He then gets a shot at trying-out with the team. That's realistic. The final shot would be our main character, in slow motion, stepping on to the Maple Leafs Gardens ice for the very first time with 14 thousand fans strong cheering Go Leafs Go during an exhibition game. You see him skate around the rink, letting it all sink in because this could be the one and only chance to do this. The film ends not with a last second goal scored or anything that cheesy but with a fade to black and a title card saying that the kid didn't make the team but just stepping on the Maple Leafs Gardens ice, with that jersey on, and all those fans cheering was really our characters dream come true. Cornball, I know, but I know dozens of guys who said that just stepping on the ice and wearing that jersey for one game would be good enough for them. I think it translates throughout all sports. Anyway, the film would loose a shit load of cash but at least it would be the most realistic account of the game possible. From the hard practices, to the shitty travel, to the year round training, to the expectations of being the best of the best, etc. I would love to see that

-Erik-

actually I love that Msytery Alaska isn't the typical ending where the underdog wins
    that's the difference with The Mighty Ducks wink

Sounds like a movie made with love, sadly that doesn't always gets the attention eh
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    Here is a sample of Intrada's next release. For a correct guess you can win a free copy of the CD.
    Any ideas? I have no idea what it is but I like it very much!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010 edited
    keky wrote
    Here is a sample of Intrada's next release. For a correct guess you can win a free copy of the CD.

No idea either, but sounds nice enough. A little Americana tinge to it.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. keky wrote

no idea either, considering they throw in a free CD quiz will probably make it a very obscure title
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    keky wrote

no idea either, considering they throw in a free CD quiz will probably make it a very obscure title

I don't think that makes it an obscure title, they do this every time and I think it's a very clever marketing trick. It makes people listen to a soundclip they probably wouldn't if they saw a title they didn't know, or an unknown composer, or if they are judgemental in any way due to the genre or reputation of the film. It makes you listen to soleley the music. And if that makes you sell a few more of them, then what's 1 free giveaway? Nothing, really.

Plus, the orchestra and recording sound to good ("big budget") to be very old or obscure, low key. Didn't recognize it though - very curious what it is, as I'm liking the clip! Could it be Barry?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is NOT John Barry.....FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    What about Holdridge or McKenzie?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Holdridge...good guess.
    I might even have gone for Poledouris at some point (if I didn't know any better. sad ).

I put my money on Erik having nailed it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    I put my money on Erik having nailed it.

Nope. I have no idea! sad

-Erik-