• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Both that site and the James-newton-howard.com are gone, with a blank white pages that says:

This site has been closed

What happened?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010
    Both sites were unofficial, i.e. not endorsed or supported by the composers themselves.
    So either the webmaster threw in the towel for whatever personal reason, or the composers (or their legal representatives) decided this was some sort of legal infringement (maybe they want to launch their own sites?).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. My understanding from ESB's comments over the years there, is that both composers knew of their respective sites, and he seemed to actually be in communication with Silvestri.

I'm going to contact ESB and find out what happened.
    (scratch that -- can't find a way to contact him)

Forum still appears to be around, though it's messy now:
    http://s4.invisionfree.com/Silvestri_Howard/ar/

And you can't log in.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010
    And both sites had an annoying, cocky owner.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    And both sites had an annoying, cocky owner.

Know him/her personally?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Not that I frequented the site, but I always thought him a rather nice guy. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    emile wasn't his name ? No truth is that i don't know him personally but let's just say my time at his forums wasn't the most pleasant smile
  3. Demetris, i did not know you had problems with emile? You two always seemed to go along well. I only noticed that at one point you suddenly disappeared from the silvestri forum, which came as a surprise to me.

As far as i am concerned, i have only the best of memories of this forum, website and webmaster. Especially cool was the meeting of some of the members of the forum during the silvestri concert in 2007. For some strange reason, everything seemed to go downhill with the site from that time on, with little updates and a constantly decreasing number of active members in the forum. I understand that some of it had to do with Emile's private life. He even considered to take the forums down but not the whole websites. Maybe the last stone in the wall was the creation of silvestris own official website. Maybe this made Emile feel that his effort became obsolete when Silvestri decided to no longer support the unofficial site with first hand infos and instead use his own website. I am just speculating, of course. It seems strange that he would also take down jamesnewtonhoward.com, which i understand had no such problems and a very active forum as well. In the end, he might just be giving the sites and forum a new makeover. Lets all cross our fingers that he'll be back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010
    most of the times this is what happens with such sites unfortunately . Some less informative and cold sterile official site comes along and eats the much better unofficial one built with passion.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    emile wasn't his name ? No truth is that i don't know him personally but let's just say my time at his forums wasn't the most pleasant smile

I never had problems with Emile, always got along with him. I think he closed both sites because it just took so much time, and he couldn't continue doing them.

I miss those sites, very professional and well structured creations shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Different link to the forum where you can still log in:
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/Silvestri_Ho … mp;act=idx
  6. Just checking now, it's final -- that forum is gone now.