• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    Alfred Newman and his "Street Scene" is another classic
    listen to more classical music!
  1. John Chambers wrote
    He's in the first film as well but unfortunately has no lines this time. It's the scene where Billy's Dad calls home from the inventing convention. Goldsmith is in the next booth with a hat on which is holding his phone! Spielberg is also in the scene driving round them in a buggy with his foot in a cast and there are a couple of other fun sci-fi cameos in the scene too. I just checked my blu-ray, its 43mins in.

Now that you mention it, I did recognize him last time I watched Gremlins a while back. And good old Spielberg too! Thanks for reminding me haha... smile

Is Jerry in any of the other Joe Dante films? I mean by doing something else than scoring them? wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010 edited
    Stills only.

Goldsmith and Spielberg in Gremlins

Goldsmith in Gremlins 2

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. punk GO JERRY GO! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    John Chambers wrote
    This thread has seamlessly morphed from score cameos to composer cameos, love it!

I think the longest film score composer cameo could well be JOHN BARRY in the 1968 film DEADFALL.

DEADFALL

Barry first appears around the 1 minute 15 seconds mark, gorgeous piece of music too. cool

No comments on this? How often do you get film music played in a film working as both underscore and with the truest right to be there?

I'm not sure I've worded this rightly but I think you know what I mean. wink

John Barry also appears at the end of The Living Daylights.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    Henry Mancini did a vocal cameo on Frasier.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Now that we've morphed into actual cameos ... I seem to recall Christophe Beck was in an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

And of course Danny Elfman was the Devil in "Forbidden Zone". I can't seem to find it, but didn't he get his hands on some bare boobies in that one?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Now that we've morphed into actual cameos ... I seem to recall Christophe Beck was in an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

And of course Danny Elfman was the Devil in "Forbidden Zone". I can't seem to find it, but didn't he get his hands on some bare boobies in that one?

Elfman was also The Fiddler in THE GIFT and has appeared numerous times in films over the years (both as a Boingo performer and other functions).

Williams appears as a pianist in the series STACCATO.

Well....seems like we've veered from score cameos to actual composer cameos...
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Hadn't listened to the 'Explorers' score in a while, I'd forgotten about the 'Alien' music quoted in the 'Looks Real' track, great fun!
  5. Given the revival of this thread, I think this is a good place to point out that in M. Night Shyamalan's Split, [spoiler]apparently there is a quotation of JNH's Unbreakable in a plot-relevant manner. [/spoiler]Having not seen the film nor heard the score yet, that's all I can say on the subject though.
  6. It's a re-usal of either the [spoiler]opening credits[/spoiler] or the cue [spoiler]"Visions"[/spoiler]. It starts playing before the end credits, then continues over the end credits and into the surprise scene. Just watched the clip on youtube today.

Huge spoilers for "Split" -- do not read unless you want to be spoiled:

[spoiler]The bad guy in the film, according to Shyamalan, was actually from "Unbreakable" and was going to be the villain in that film, but he had trouble making the script work with a third character and realized it would be better if "Unbreakable" was an origin story.

He's already got ten pages for "Unbreakable 3" done (I don't recall if that was outlines or actual script), but says whether or not if gets made might depend on if peple see "Split". What a load of shit.
    [/spoiler]
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2017
    Michael Giacchino was in Tomorrowland. Still proud that I spotted that :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2017 edited
    You should see the movie. What you discuss is a nice little twist at the end. Didn't notice [spoiler]JNH's UNBREAKABLE music[/spoiler], though, but hopefully I'll do on repeated viewings. I plan to watch this brilliant film many, many times!
    I am extremely serious.