• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorRick
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007
    G'day all.

I can't remember where I first read/heard this rumour but it involved a score album to Spiderman 3 being released in November.

I'm just looking for an update on the possibility of such an album.

Cheers

Rick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Nope.
    No release planned.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorRick
    Bugger.

Hated the film but was intrigued by the score.

Also, being a completist, hate the idea that I can't put a spidey 3 film score next to numbers 1 & 2...

smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ditto as Rick.

What happenned with this? There was all that talk, and then *poof* ... ... nothing
  1. I felt dissapointed with the Spidy 3 score

Half of the time it was Elfman's theme soaring through the speakers (it had to be there but not so much) and when Young was composing it felt like Hellraiser, just like his piece he did on Spiderman 2

I wished Young would compose his own music around that Elfman main theme, but alas sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2007 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    I felt dissapointed with the Spidy 3 score

Half of the time it was Elfman's theme soaring through the speakers (it had to be there but not so much) and when Young was composing it felt like Hellraiser, just like his piece he did on Spiderman 2

I wished Young would compose his own music around that Elfman main theme, but alas sad

I don't know about that. Yes, the Spidey theme had no variation. It was Danny's piece verbatim during every heroic moment which was disappointing. And while Young's action music was exciting the rest of it just fell flat. The Sandman theme was cringe worthy and the trilling horns for Venom was laughable. Young should have also incorporated more electronics in his score to at least try and mesh with Elfman's sound. And the recording was piss poor. Very, very distant. Robert Fernandez is no Dennis Sands.

The whole film's production was weak! I hope there isn't a Spider-Man 4.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Erik, there was one already biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Erik, there was one already biggrin

I meant Spider-Man 4. I corrected it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    The Sandman theme was cringe worthy and the trilling horns for Venom was laughable.

I don't particularly agree with either of those. I thought the Black-Suited Spiderman theme (which sounded like an escaped melody from John Williams' THE FURY) was managed the worst - it blasts out with a wagnerian tuba the first time you hear it. Talk about carefully building up to a big moment... not.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2007
    I loved the Sandman is Born music, lovely yet so threatening music. But there was another composed called Deborah Lurie called in to provide more music, and I think maybe that's why they didn't release a score album. I just prefer the Spiderman 1 and 2 scores, though (even the Hary vs. Peter music wasn't as dramatic as Parade Attack from the first film, IMHO)
  4. franz_conrad wrote
    I thought the Black-Suited Spiderman theme was managed the worst - it blasts out with a wagnerian tuba the first time you hear it. Talk about carefully building up to a big moment... not.

I agree. The moment it appeared I thought "wow, this must be the least subtile approach on a 'darkness falls'-theme ever".
    • CommentAuthorRick
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2007
    Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    I felt dissapointed with the Spidy 3 score

The whole film's production was weak! I hope there isn't a Spider-Man 4.

-Erik-

Unfortunately, 4, 5 AND 6 have been agreed to. Although I'm not sure if any of the original cast/directors will be returning.

Which may not be a bad thing. Spidey 3 was seriously flawed with Venom terribly under-developed (the Sandman sub-plot did not need to be there. If Raimi wanted to highlight a "forgiveness" theme, it would have been better to have developed this further between Peter and Harry).

I draw comparisons between the patheticness of Bane in Batman and Robin, and Venom in Spidey 3. It seems that both characters (powerful villians in the comics) were reduced to comedy afterthoughts in their respective films.

Anyway, enough ranting about the film. It's over and I can't change the fact that is was disappointing.

As for the score... I only saw the film once and, while the score was not THAT memorable, I would have liked to have given it another go without having to sit through the film again.

Cheers

smile

1 to 12 of 12