• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    It sounds better than my CDR. I'd say the sound is good.

cool smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011
    NP: PURE LUCK (Danny Elfman/Jonathan Sheffer)

Fun 80's Elfman music - even the bits by Sheffer.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Cristian wrote
    NP: Eragon - Patrick Doyle

cheesy

very good choice

Indeed!
  2. Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    On this issue I have to back you up dude. wave

From my POV there's nothing wrong the JP album.

You rule! punk

somebody noticed
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Cristian wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Cristian wrote
    NP: Eragon - Patrick Doyle

cheesy

very good choice

Indeed!

I like Eragon more than The Last Legion.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. "The Great Escape"
    Elmer Bernstein

One can never give enough thanks to Varese Sarabande whom, instead of just living with the re-recording or doing another, continued to hunt down the original tapes and luck be they turned up by accident.

Excellent theme, wonderful variations, terrific orchestrations -- I can't really fault this score for anything. This is a perfect example of the epitome of scoring.

The Varese Club CD should be fairly cheaper now, so I'd snatch that up if you don't have this score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. THE PRINCE OF EGYPT - HANS ZIMMER & STEPHEN SCHWARTZ

Undeniably one of Hans' very best with tremendous song writing by Stephen Schwartz that complement the score in every sense. The music is incredibly heartfelt one time, very uplifting another time, and it never fails to capture the feeling that I'm listening to genuine film music magic, of the kind that doesn't come along very often anymore. As I'm writing this 'The Burning Bush' is playing and this is without a doubt one of Zimmer's top compositions, so rich in emotion and melody that I'm always crying my eyes out... Of course the songs are just as great and tell the story in superb musical form, and they're always inspiring and powerful. There's hardly a track that goes by where I'm not feeling some sort of emotion. The Prince of Egypt remains top 5 Zimmer for me and here's hoping he writes something as emotionally stirring again in the near future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2011
    staccato by eb
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Secret of the Sahara - Ennio Morricone

First listen...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    THE PRINCE OF EGYPT - HANS ZIMMER & STEPHEN SCHWARTZ

Undeniably one of Hans' very best with tremendous song writing by Stephen Schwartz that complement the score in every sense. The music is incredibly heartfelt one time, very uplifting another time, and it never fails to capture the feeling that I'm listening to genuine film music magic, of the kind that doesn't come along very often anymore. As I'm writing this 'The Burning Bush' is playing and this is without a doubt one of Zimmer's top compositions, so rich in emotion and melody that I'm always crying my eyes out... Of course the songs are just as great and tell the story in superb musical form, and they're always inspiring and powerful. There's hardly a track that goes by where I'm not feeling some sort of emotion. The Prince of Egypt remains top 5 Zimmer for me and here's hoping he writes something as emotionally stirring again in the near future.

It's top 5 for me as well. Love "Through Heaven's Eyes". That's a great song for so many reasons. I hope you have the "chariot race" track that came on that bonus CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm on a bit of McNeely kick this morning. I'm currently spinning the ridiculously enjoyable IRON WILL. I'll then move onto his exciting score to TERMINAL VELOCITY and then I will finish off with arguably his best score LOVER'S PRAYER.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote

First listen...

I'll be interested to know what you think of this one, it's a favourite of mine.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

First listen...

I'll be interested to know what you think of this one, it's a favourite of mine.

I think I need another listen to think about it. I'll tell you in a year or so.
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    I'm on a bit of McNeely kick this morning. I'm currently spinning the ridiculously enjoyable IRON WILL. I'll then move onto his exciting score to TERMINAL VELOCITY and then I will finish off with arguably his best score LOVER'S PRAYER.

-Erik-

I've just finished listening to McNeely's "Nocturne" from Lover's Prayer during my iTunes shuffle. A sublime piece!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. christopher wrote

It's top 5 for me as well. Love "Through Heaven's Eyes". That's a great song for so many reasons. I hope you have the "chariot race" track that came on that bonus CD.

I was listening to the regular album, but my brother made a version with that cue included. I know Chariot Race is brilliant, as is the finale as heard in the film. Next time I'll have to listen to that version to make it even better.
  9. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Now you know you have to include Shadows of the Empire to that list !! For me the best Star Wars not written by El Maestro.

And I have to check out Iron Will and Lover's Prayer, never heard them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    As I just said in another thread, LOVER'S PRAYER is beautiful. Pastiche at its best!
    I am extremely serious.
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    THE PRINCE OF EGYPT - HANS ZIMMER & STEPHEN SCHWARTZ

and yet, you have to listen to my version, with the mother of all finales the ten commandments (aka the unused portion where Zimmer delivers you a finale few scores can match) smile
  11. DreamTheater wrote
    christopher wrote

I was listening to the regular album, but my brother made a version with that cue included. I know Chariot Race is brilliant, as is the finale as heard in the film. Next time I'll have to listen to that version to make it even better.

yeah, I'll have it with me this weekend, perhaps we can listen to the unused pieces in the car whilst driving to Mediamarkt? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    As I just said in another thread, LOVER'S PRAYER is beautiful. Pastiche at its best!

Pastiche... yeah, I still hate that word. Seams like you are diminishing it's quality.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

Pastiche... yeah, I still hate that word. Seams like you are diminishing it's quality.

-Erik-

To me, good pastiche is really cool and fun! McNeely is THE master of this.
    I am extremely serious.
    Hidalgo - James Newton Howard

I remember it being more exciting than it actually is.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

First listen...

I think I need another listen to think about it. I'll tell you in a year or so.

Dismissed it already eh!? rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    KevinSmith wrote
    Hidalgo - James Newton Howard

I remember it being more exciting than it actually is.

It's plenty exciting! Did you skip over the action tracks?

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WALKING WITH DINOSAURS - Benjamin Bartlett

One of my all time favourite soundtrack albums, totally brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I've just finished listening to McNeely's "Nocturne" from Lover's Prayer during my iTunes shuffle. A sublime piece!

True.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Dawson's Creek (Adam Fields)

Wonderful and warm album, without a dull moment. Anyone who likes piano and guitar dominated music will love this. Sample.

Rating: ****½

Peter smile
  12. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    christopher wrote

yeah, I'll have it with me this weekend, perhaps we can listen to the unused pieces in the car whilst driving to Mediamarkt? wink

That sounds like a plan. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Star Trek Generations - Dennis McCarthy

This is always much better than I thought it was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: BLACK RAIN (Hans Zimmer/various)

Some fine songs, a classy power ballad (by Zimmer) and a suite of his earliest fullblown power anthem score. It could stand up to an EXPANDED release, though! shocked
    I am extremely serious.