• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011 edited
    The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader - David Arnold

I'm going to agree with Southall on this one. Long album, dull middle, generic writing, but, "Into Battle" is fantastic! The themes memorability is on par with The Last Airbender (which is not very). Keep Stargate, Independence Day, Last of the Dogmen and Godzilla, they are better.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    I have done a selection of track from LOST from season 1 to 3. I need help to choose tracks from seasons 4,5 (Wich I think could be "expendable"), 6 and 61/2 .

Please help! too much music!

Jordi ! Where aer you man?

In spain. Why?

lol

You know, it's worrying. 'Cause PIRATES OF THE FRIGGIN CARIBBEAN 4 and DARK KNIGHT RETURNS are released this year and Jordi is terribly silent....could this mean that...........that.................

HE'S SAVING ALL HIS ENERGY FOR THEN!!!!? omg freezing

Mmm...nah! I think I couldn't be so "energic" anymore. After so many years talking with "mindclosed" people and after so many Zimmer shits ( batman begins, madagascar, Dead Man's Chest) nothing can't surprise me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Hellraiser - Christopher Young

Gothic beauty! Superb score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cristian wrote
    NP: Unfaithful - Jan A.P. Kaczmarek

This is my kind of music, gorgeous stuff.

His best score to date along with

EVENING
    TOTAL ECLIPSE

He never went beyond those 3 scores.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Paulie - John Debney

Innocent fun with big, bold themes! The "Paulie Melody" is excellent!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    Christodoulides wrote
    Cristian wrote

EVENING
    TOTAL ECLIPSE

Not even Finding Neverland?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Legend - Jerry Goldsmith

One of the BEST fantasy scores ever composed!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: PUBLIC ENEMIES (Elliot Goldenthal)

A nice mix of source cues/period songs and EG's score. Love the "Thin Red Line"-like bit towards the end, in particular.
    I am extremely serious.
    Crimson Tide - Hans Zimmer

Awww yeeeee.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

But one I cannot fully enjoy, sadly. On the plus side: the album ends the way most Goldsmith albums end: absolutely gloriously !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. KevinSmith wrote
    Crimson Tide - Hans Zimmer

Awww yeeeee.....

..... for those in peril on the sea.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. edit
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    Judge Dredd - Alan Silvestri

Awwww Yeeee Part II
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    NP: PUBLIC ENEMIES (Elliot Goldenthal)

A nice mix of source cues/period songs and EG's score. Love the "Thin Red Line"-like bit towards the end, in particular.

Love it, both inside and outside the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    I have done a selection of track from LOST from season 1 to 3. I need help to choose tracks from seasons 4,5 (Wich I think could be "expendable"), 6 and 61/2 .

Please help! too much music!

Jordi ! Where aer you man?

In spain. Why?

lol

You know, it's worrying. 'Cause PIRATES OF THE FRIGGIN CARIBBEAN 4 and DARK KNIGHT RETURNS are released this year and Jordi is terribly silent....could this mean that...........that.................

HE'S SAVING ALL HIS ENERGY FOR THEN!!!!? omg freezing

Mmm...nah! I think I couldn't be so "energic" anymore. After so many years talking with "mindclosed" people and after so many Zimmer shits ( batman begins, madagascar, Dead Man's Chest) nothing can't surprise me.

Oh, what a nice compliment for us all then wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011
    Farewell To The King - Basil Poledouris

Beautiful! cool

I'm going through a Poledouris phase just now since the epic Conan release.

With the exception of parts of this score, Conan The Destroyer and Flesh + Blood has Basil scored anything else in the Conan style?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: WYATT EARP - James Newton Howard

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Thou dost speak truth Erik son.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Thou dost speak truth Erik son.

Fixed:

Though doesn't speak truth
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Cristian wrote

EVENING
    TOTAL ECLIPSE

His best scores to date in my opinion are:

1. Bliss
    2. Leonie
    3. Unfaithful
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Atham wrote
    With the exception of parts of this score, Conan The Destroyer and Flesh + Blood has Basil scored anything else in the Conan style?

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/cata … ieid=10408
  4. FAMILY PLOT - JOHN WILLIAMS

Well I'm not listening to it right now, but I justed wanted to give my two cents after two listens. It sounds passable as pure background music, and I was not expecting big epic music before my first listen, so I'm not disappointed, yet I'm not delighted either. I'll give it some more listens, it's John after all, and I do like the main theme already (one of those that sticks in the head) and some of the ideas in this one he would later develop in his classic scores. I don't think it's bad by a long shot, but at the same time it doesn't set me alight. Certainly Hitchcock wanted a low-key approach, the score serving to keep a consistent mood and tension, and not for wow-ing the audience with addictive and gorgeous melodies and bombast. So Williams delivered a fairly interesting piece, and I'll certainly give it a few more goes to see whether it grows on me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    FAMILY PLOT - JOHN WILLIAMS

Well I'm not listening to it right now, but I justed wanted to give my two cents after two listens. It sounds passable as pure background music, and I was not expecting big epic music before my first listen, so I'm not disappointed, yet I'm not delighted either. I'll give it some more listens, it's John after all, and I do like the main theme already (one of those that sticks in the head) and some of the ideas in this one he would later develop in his classic scores. I don't think it's bad by a long shot, but at the same time it doesn't set me alight. Certainly Hitchcock wanted a low-key approach, the score serving to keep a consistent mood and tension, and not for wow-ing the audience with addictive and gorgeous melodies and bombast. So Williams delivered a fairly interesting piece, and I'll certainly give it a few more goes to see whether it grows on me.

It's not my favourite Williams either, but it works fairly well as an album, even though it may be C&C (I don't know). There are some pure suspense/sneaking-around cues that could have been weeded out, I think. The liner notes are annoying, though - the antithesis of what I consider good film music journalism.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: SKETCHES ON STAR WARS (John Williams)

Performed by the Terry Trotter Trio, these are smooth jazz arrangements of the famous themes. I love it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Performed by the Terry Trotter Trio, these are smooth jazz arrangements of the famous themes. I love it.

Here's something entertaining for you Thor, one of my favourite comedians too.

THE IMPERIAL MARCH
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

THE IMPERIAL MARCH

He, he....this one's pretty good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SmYX6vq … re=related
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

THE IMPERIAL MARCH

He, he....this one's pretty good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SmYX6vq … re=related

biggrin

I've seen Bill Bailey live a couple of years back ( he did the Imperial March then too, playing it like a 'cockney knees up' ), he was brilliant! The man is a very accomplished musician too, just like Mike Oldfield he seems to be able to play any instrument he's given and in any style.
  5. BLADE RUNNER - VANGELIS

Having only heard the orchestral arrangement before, I don't know if this is the version Timmer prefers (there is some dialogue contained in the opening and closing tracks, and there are 12 total), I must say: this is a captivating listen. Having watched this genius sci-fi classic multiple times, even the absolutely astounding blu-ray incarnations, I've never really paid attention to the Vangelis' musical vision apart from the opening and end titles, and that love theme. Now that the score has my undivided attention, its weird and wonderful soundscapes are like music to my ears. I can honestly say this film wouldn't have worked as well without Vangelis' original new-age approach and synth-laden fabrications. The score makes the film that much better, and I don't think its atmosphere would be as profound and fantastical if the music were any different than this, let alone fully orchestral. It's the synths that make it so darn special IMO. I'm really thinking about buying this album, as this seems to be my preferred version too.

And damn do I want to watch and hear the film this very instant. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Cinema Symphony - Andrew Pearce

For me this is the best MovieScore Media release. A dazzling concert work inspired by Hollywood film scores from past to present by a relative unknown composer who was giving an opportunity by a small label to showcase his talent. Performed by the Royal Scottish National Orchestra and conducted by the acclaimed and award winning José Serebrier this has become one of my all time favorite albums! The two shorter concert suites that end the album are equally impressive. If you don't already own this then I highly recommend you pick it up immediately!

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/cinemasymphony.html

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    plindboe wrote
    Atham wrote

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/cata … ieid=10408

Thank you plindboe!