• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Gulliver's Travels (Henry Jackman)

enjoyable but nothing more ***
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2011
    Southall wrote
    La Ligne Droite - Patrick Doyle

Has become my favourite score by him. Can't get enough of it.

First listen was disappointing for me. Very repetitive but i'll have to watch the movie.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Gulliver's Travels (Henry Jackman)

enjoyable but nothing more ***

FUN!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    NP: FIREFLIES IN THE GARDEN - Javier Navarrete

Bliss.
  2. Southall wrote

Impressed by how quickly you have posted a review.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote
    NP: FIREFLIES IN THE GARDEN - Javier Navarrete

Bliss.

Indeed!
  3. Southall wrote

Nice review. If it's as beautiful or more so than Wah Wah, I'm in. That is his most beautiful score to my ears.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    christopher wrote
    Southall wrote

Nice review. If it's as beautiful or more so than Wah Wah, I'm in. That is his most beautiful score to my ears.

Nah, wah wah still remains my favorite Doyle work to date.
  4. plindboe wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Black Robe - Georges Delerue

It's a pity that Delerue's final score...

I've always heard that his last score was Rich in love.Peter smile

If I understand the timeline correctly, he wrote the score to Black Robe after Rich in Love, but didn't live to record it. I think RiL is often thought of as his last because he died just after recording the last of it, right? But, if I'm not mistaken, BR was recorded and released posthumously. Anyone know differently?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Cristian wrote
    lp wrote
    NP: RYO-MADEN - Naoki Sato

Great stuff. That main title music is a killer track.

Great stuff, indeed! You should also purchase the volume II and III.

I DID!!!!!

I was also listen to a 4th album that had some of the best tracks out of the three volumes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    christopher wrote
    plindboe wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Black Robe - Georges Delerue

It's a pity that Delerue's final score...

I've always heard that his last score was Rich in love.Peter smile

If I understand the timeline correctly, he wrote the score to Black Robe after Rich in Love, but didn't live to record it. I think RiL is often thought of as his last because he died just after recording the last of it, right? But, if I'm not mistaken, BR was recorded and released posthumously. Anyone know differently?

I don't think I've ever heard that. Black Robe (the film) was released several months before his death, so it certainly wasn't recorded posthumously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    "End Credits" from The Last Metro - Georges Delerue

In my opinion the single most beautiful piece of film music that there's been.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

Impressed by how quickly you have posted a review.

I've listened to little else for the last few days...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2011 edited
    NP: Megamind - Hans Zimmer & Lorne Balfe...

Not a bad listen. I do absolutely ADORE the love theme.
  5. Southall wrote

Is this available in any form? On a compilation perhaps?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. NP: Stirring - Drumline (John Powell)

My favorite cue of the score, very soothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

Is this available in any form? On a compilation perhaps?

I've got it both on the soundtrack from the film and on two Delerue/Truffaut compilations. I recommend the "Music from the films of Francois Truffaut" album with a greenish cover.

This one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Georges-Delerue … amp;sr=8-5
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2011
    NP: Megamind - Hans Zimmer & Lorne Balfe

I haven't been here for a while, I mean I've read some posts , but haven't contribute, ...anyway tracks Tightenville (Hal's Theme), Roxanne (Love Theme), Rejection In the Rain are really great, quite charming, even if or maybe mostly becase , they are like from HOLIDAY or something like it, after watching a movie I can't get enough of those tracks, Hans really good great job on this one smile

Cheers to evreone on this forum wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Been listening to Powell's Drumline too, after it was mentioned in this thread. I only listened to it once before and thought it was nothing special, but now having listened to it several times I've realized that it is a really good score with a true Powell sound. I still need to get to know it better, but thanks to yonythemoony for mentioning it. The last three tracks really stand out to me.

Right now I'm listening to the main title from Jarre's Doctor Zhivago. Wow, this is a really nice piece. And I ignorantly thought that this score had nothing but the famous love theme on offer. Tsk tsk.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Cheers Roy!

Yes. Megamind has some fine cues for sure. But needs expanding on album. We've been short changed with this release. Especially not having the big showdown cues heard in the film.
  7. plindboe wrote
    Been listening to Powell's Drumline too, after it was mentioned in this thread. I only listened to it once before and thought it was nothing special, but now having listened to it several times I've realized that it is a really good score with a true Powell sound. I still need to get to know it better, but thanks to yonythemoony for mentioning it. The last three tracks really stand out to me.

Peter smile

No problem
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Really? I mean, it's good and all that but...
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Really? I mean, it's good and all that but...

I'm with him on this one.

plindboe wrote
    Right now I'm listening to the main title from Jarre's Doctor Zhivago. Wow, this is a really nice piece. And I ignorantly thought that this score had nothing but the famous love theme on offer. Tsk tsk.
    Peter smile

I wish the score offered more of that one. It is gorgeous. Darn balalaika players! (who, as the legend goes, could only play by ear, hence the dominance of the simple lara's theme)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Robocop 2

Good score, but unfairly mocked by the film score community.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    KevinSmith wrote
    Robocop 2

Let's see...

Roooooooooooooooobooooooooooooocooooooooooooop!

Nope... the mocking has been fair!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Robocop 2

Let's see...

-Erik-

The music is supposed to be fun, over-the-top and comic-like as that's what the movie is like. I don't get the derision. The only way I can explain it is due to the fact that film score fans often seem to forget that they're listening to film music, not absolute music. Also, perhaps much of the mockery is grounded in Rosenman's attitude.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: PSYCHO (Bernard Herrmann)

The Elfman version. Nothing like a little PSYCHO in the morning.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. I listened to the clip of the end credits from The Last Metro and realised that I had listened to it before. Typical Delerue - so quality - but I didn't feel I needed to have it in its entirety.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Robocop 2

Let's see...

-Erik-

The music is supposed to be fun, over-the-top and comic-like as that's what the movie is like. I don't get the derision. The only way I can explain it is due to the fact that film score fans often seem to forget that they're listening to film music, not absolute music. Also, perhaps much of the mockery is grounded in Rosenman's attitude.

Peter smile

I think it's Rosenman's attitude too, he's the one who mocked it in the first place.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: BREAKING & ENTERING (Gabriel Yared / Underworld)

On musicme.com. Beautiful, beautiful music that's just my kind of stuff these days. I should track down the physical album.
    I am extremely serious.