• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2011
    Me too. Fried.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2011 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Now playing "Sacrifice" by Lisa Gerrard. What a stunning and mournful piece. This strange video, featuring the piece is quite an experience to behold.

Peter smile

Beautiful piece, horrible video. Who made it? Looks fan-made but i really hope it's not the official video (i doubt 'cause it doesn't really fit or sync with the video).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. SUPERMAN 3 - KEN THORNE & JOHN WILLIAMS

The rearrangements of Williams' material is less successful here than in Sup II, but it's still a fun listen. I like some of the ideas Thorne implemented to give it his own spin, but were it not for Williams themes, it sure as hell wouldn't be all that great.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : QB VII - Jerry Goldsmith

Very good score, I'd love to see the Emmy award winning series.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MASADA - Jerry Goldsmith

A great score, one of the best TV scores ever.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Timmer wrote
    NP : MASADA - Jerry Goldsmith

A great score, one of the best TV scores ever.

punk
  2. WP: Ironclad (Lorne Balfe)

I agree with James on this one, just another forgettable fare from the clones of Zimmer.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Christodoulides wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Now playing "Sacrifice" by Lisa Gerrard. What a stunning and mournful piece. This strange video, featuring the piece is quite an experience to behold.

Peter smile

Beautiful piece, horrible video. Who made it? Looks fan-made but i really hope it's not the official video (i doubt 'cause it doesn't really fit or sync with the video).

Fan-made? What amateur fan can make fancy CGI like that? Tell me his name, I'd like to meet him.

That said, the piece is not made for that video. As you say it doesn't perfectly fit. You can find the original by searching for "Vita ex musica".

Btw, if you like this piece, also try Dead can Dance's The Host of Seraphim. This is pure doomsday music. It's used to great effect in The mist.

Peter smile
  3. NP: Alle Falde del Vesubio - Pompei (Marco Frisina)

I like the renditions of two of the main themes of the score (the love theme played in the cello and horns, and the sorrow theme played in the strings)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Mars Needs Moms - Johnny Powell

I must say, this is extremely entertaining.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Southall wrote

Compared to How To Train Your Dragon?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    KevinSmith wrote
    Southall wrote

I prefer it, it's more distinctively Powell (and I realise that's odd given there are a couple of obvious homages here, but they're exactly that, homages). I will likely be in a minority of one in holding that opinion.
    Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Southall wrote

I prefer it, it's more distinctively Powell (and I realise that's odd given there are a couple of obvious homages here, but they're exactly that, homages). I will likely be in a minority of one in holding that opinion.

But those two scores share the same sort of sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    KevinSmith wrote
    Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Southall wrote

But those two scores share the same sort of sound.

I don't dislike Dragon, I just like this a little more. More energy, better theme, more fun. (To me. Just an opinion. Before everyone explodes.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I am in the minority as I don't see Dragon as one of Powell's best. In fact it's probably near the middle of the list.
    Copernicus' Star - Abel Korzeniowski

A somewhat lightweight fantasy score with a number of highlight moments; it's a pleasant 45 minute listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011
    Anthony wrote
    I am in the minority as I don't see Dragon as one of Powell's best. In fact it's probably near the middle of the list.

Agreed. It's fun & unpretentious, but it's overrated.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote

A somewhat lightweight fantasy score with a number of highlight moments; it's a pleasant 45 minute listen.

From the clips I heard it sounds alright but it does sound like other composers works, James Horner's 'Beautiful Mind' sound comes to mind.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Anthony wrote

Agreed. It's fun & unpretentious, but it's overrated.

I keep expecting ENYA to start singing.
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

From the clips I heard it sounds alright but it does sound like other composers works, James Horner's 'Beautiful Mind' sound comes to mind.

You know, I didn't really notice A Beautiful Mind, but I know others have mentioned it before.

I would give Copernicus' Star 3.5 stars.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    At one time I'd have definitely bought it but I've had to clamp down on my purchasing habits.
    Timmer wrote
    At one time I'd have definitely bought it but I've had to clamp down on my purchasing habits.

If my mood changes, I'll sell you my signed copy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    KevinSmith wrote
    Timmer wrote

Who's it signed by?
    Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Timmer wrote

Who's it signed by?

Abel Korzeniowski, who else? Me?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    One that's been defaced? Heaven forbid. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    KevinSmith wrote
    Southall wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Timmer wrote

Who's it signed by?

Abel Korzeniowski, who else? Me?

Or Henry Kissinger.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hitler's Diaries come to mind wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    My copy of "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" is signed by Barry McGuigan.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011 edited
    I thought you'd be more a 'Peter Ebdon' kind of guy James? Still, treasure it.

p.s. Do you know Bazza personally? If so perhaps you could pursuade him to sign my betamax copy of 1982 Brit Alien rip Xtro?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I thought the novel was very good but when I heard it would be made into a film I immediately thought it was a bad idea of which I was proved right, it is AWFUL ( a good first half hour though ).

Stephen King novels should only ever be given to Frank Darabont or Rob Reiner for adaptation. Fact.