• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    NP: Unbreakable - James Newton Howard

Superb score from start to finish, no weak cues here. The best cue for me it's The Orange Man. This cue gives me hope he will compose something similar for Green Lantern.
  1. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Star Trek: What Little Girls Are Made Of - Fred Steiner

I bought the "Best of Star Trek - Volume 2" selection of music from the original series, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and The Next Generation today and I was listening through the original series suites.

I was listening to the 4 minute suite from this episode and I came across a piece of music I'd heard tracked on another episode I was watching the other day. I remember thinking then that that would be a sequence of music I would love to have and I let out a soft audible exclamation when I heard it on this suite.

For anyone remotely interested in the piece of music I'm talking about it appears about 3 minutes into this clip.

Yes! It only lasts about 40 seconds but YES!! biggrin

Most familiar and very Herrmannesque wink

...a very 'padded up' Lurch too.

A VERY padded Lurch!

It's growing up hearing these snippets of scoring that has led me to where I am today, I'm convinced of that.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    NP: GRAND CANYON - JAMES NEWTON HOWARD

A firm favourite. Not just a great score but a fooking excellent album altogether.

cool

Still one of my favourite JNH albums beer

Me too. That vintage 90s sound I love about him. He doesn't compose like that anymore. Rock mixed with the ethereal as I would describe it.

The movie's one of my favourites as well, a small masterpiece.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    INCEPTION

Excellent score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    iouuuuuuu iouuuuuuuuuuu iouuuuuuuuu

Sorry I don't understand gibberish.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011 edited
    It's the siren of the police after you for promoting illegal downloading; damn you, pirate.
  4. biggrin
  5. MEDAL OF HONOR - MICHAEL GIACCHINO

The start of a musically excellent series. When Mr. Williams passes on in the hopefully very distant future, Spielberg shouldn't look further than this man as the true successor of Williams' sound. Michael practically wrote his own Star Wars with this game series. And I absolutely love this first entry for the awesome themes, chilling fanfares and the ability to wow me with each listen. Just like Star Wars does. punk punk punk
  6. I'm listening to "Rock House Jail" at the moment from The Rock and I was wondering of someone could explain the contributions of Zimmer, Glennie-Smith and Gregson-Williams in this.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm listening to "Rock House Jail" at the moment from The Rock and I was wondering of someone could explain the contributions of Zimmer, Glennie-Smith and Gregson-Williams in this.

I could but you won't like it. devil wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Silverado - Bruce Broughton

Saddle up !

Deputy: That them shootin'?
    Sheriff Langston: No, it's coming from those rocks.
    Deputy: Well, let's go. He ain't hittin' nothin'.
    Sheriff Langston: You idiot, he's hit everything he's aimed at!
    Deputy: Well, they ain't out of our jurisdiction 'til they reach the flattop.
    [Sheriff Langston's hat is shot off his head]
    Sheriff Langston: Today, my jurisdiction ends here. Pick up my hat.

biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Star Trek: What Little Girls Are Made Of - Fred Steiner

I bought the "Best of Star Trek - Volume 2" selection of music from the original series, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and The Next Generation today and I was listening through the original series suites.

I was listening to the 4 minute suite from this episode and I came across a piece of music I'd heard tracked on another episode I was watching the other day. I remember thinking then that that would be a sequence of music I would love to have and I let out a soft audible exclamation when I heard it on this suite.

For anyone remotely interested in the piece of music I'm talking about it appears about 3 minutes into this clip.

Yes! It only lasts about 40 seconds but YES!! biggrin

Most familiar and very Herrmannesque wink

...a very 'padded up' Lurch too.

Bloody excellent episode too.
    Scripted by Robert "Psycho" Bloch!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Black Hawk Down - Hans Zimmer

Original 10 years ago, still original now.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: MIAMI VICE - THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION (Jan Hammer)

Superb 2CD set of his instrumental score; one of my favourite albums in my whole collection.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote

Except for the Simon & Garfunkel.

Still, one of my favourite Zimmer scores.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

I glad someone else said it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

I glad someone else said it!

-Erik-

And Peter Gabriel.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not very original at all then really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote

Oh really?

So has anyone brought Simon, Garfunkel and Peter together before? Eh? EH?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh really?

That's why you are the sitemaker :P
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Basic Instinct - Goldsmith

Beautiful, sensuous, and a gorgeous long-lined theme. I've always liked Goldsmith's more unconventional scores, and he deserved that Oscar for this one.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh really?

That's why you are the sitemaker :P

shitemaker more like!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh really?

Already been done....sort of.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Stepford Wives - David Arnold

Probably David Arnold's most under appreciated work mainly due to the fact that it was never released commercially. This is a divine work with hints of Elfman and Williams but a sound from Arnold we have never heard before or since. All of this is highlight by great main title waltz that can be found on a few re-recording compilations. Hopefully one day some one releases this to the masses. Great score!

-Erik-
  7. Matt C wrote
    Basic Instinct - Goldsmith

Beautiful, sensuous, and a gorgeous long-lined theme. I've always liked Goldsmith's more unconventional scores, and he deserved that Oscar for this one.

Original or expanded album? The original album's makes it a near classic score IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, it is a classic score original or complete album... HOWEVER, when it comes down to album presentation the original Varese album is the clear winner!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh really?

Not Simon, not Garfukel nor Gabriel influenced the entire game music business and some of film music since 10 years ago and counting now. Middle eastern percussion, electric violin and celli, polemic electric guitars, drums and the thin red line strings with gladiator middle eastern vocals are Zimmer's devices as they're combined altogether in this score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh really?

Not Simon, not Garfukel nor Gabriel influenced the entire game music business and some of film music since 10 years ago and counting now. Middle eastern percussion, electric violin and celli, polemic electric guitars, drums and the thin red line strings with gladiator middle eastern vocals are Zimmer's devices as they're combined altogether in this score.

Go away Mr Serious, you're ruinning it for us nice people! tongue
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    Well, it is a classic score original or complete album... HOWEVER, when it comes down to album presentation the original Varese album is the clear winner!

-Erik-

That's what I meant. The shorter album has all the highlights and actually makes you wish for even more great music on the CD, but then we look at the expanded and the extra music doesn't really add much, mainly some more lowkey suspense cues, in between the truly fantastic cues.

Sometimes bigger isn't always better.