• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorRoy
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    Bregt wrote

PAN TADEUSZ | wojciecha kilar (chicka? biggrin )

The main theme in Swiatynia Dumania is gorgeous. It sounds a bit like an adagio, but then I was realising I don't really know what the definition of an adagio is. So while I think it may be that, I will conclude that it is stunning, throughout the score. It's mixed with more upbeat music and marching music. Odd combination. dizzy

Well, it's actually Wojciech Kilar, not Wojciecha. In polish gramma when you say for example "music by Wojciech Kilar" it's "muzyka Wojciecha Kilara", that's where a misunderstood came from, I guess. smile
    The Music Is great indeed. My favorite is track called "kochajmy sie" (which means something like "Let's Love each other")
  1. Today even "Let's Make Love", but not in that time, the title is taken from the book the film is based on.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt is racist.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm not here to threaten anyone -

I know, of course. As said: just wanted to make sure this wouldn't escalate in a nasty way.
    beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Just face it: you're getting very old.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011 edited
    I hold no ill will towards anyone. I love this place and as you can see I'm still hanging around. Dammit, this place is an addiction. cool

Anyway, I remind you that THIS is why I'm taking a bit of a break. It's not because of one single person or one single event. I just have to sort out the priorities in my life.

I'll be back... probably soon than later!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anyway, I remind you that THIS is way I'm taking a bit of break. It's not because of one single person or one single event. I just have to sort out the priorities in my life.

Rock 'n' roll, mate.
    Do what needs to be done.
    We'll still be here. cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm also going to take some grammar and spelling lessons. Jesus, I'm terrible.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm sure he'll forgive you.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Over the last few days:

The Pagemaster - James Horner - Not one of Horner's better animation efforts.
    Farewell to the King - Basil Poledouris - One of Basil's best scores.
    The Lazarus Project - Brian Tyler - Meditative, a welcome break from Tyler's usual action assignments.
    A League of Their Own - Hans Zimmer - My favourite Zimmer score.
    Gremlins 2 - Jerry Goldsmith - The album needs a re-mixing, the volume level is way way too quiet.
    The Sea Hawk - Erich Wolfgang Korngold - Excellent re-recording by the Utah Symphony.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    NP: The Last Samurai - Hans Zimmer

After The Thin Red Line this is my favorite Hans Zimmer' score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011 edited
    IL MERCENARIO | ennio morricone

Funstuffstuff! Instant sing-a-long as well. Contains themes that also got into the collective memory.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WALKABOUT - John Barry

Brilliant score with superb choral work.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Southall wrote
    Citizen Kane: The Classic Film Scores of Bernard Herrmann - Charles Gerhardt

Magnificent collection.

Absolutely. Someone really needs to re-record the entire score to On Dangerous Ground.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    NP : WALKABOUT - John Barry

Brilliant score with superb choral work.

Ooh yes. Lovely score. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Erik Woods wrote
    You have no souls, no heart, no emotions and are obviously musical challenged. You poor, poor fools!

wink

I just watched this clip AGAIN and it's hard for me to hold back the tears. The kid in me comes alive! This is what the magic of the movies is all about! And that's only 3 minutes of 98 minutes of brilliance.

You know, I think some of you have been over saturated with average to below average scores that when a truly great score comes around you might not know it right away. Trust me, I had luke warm feeling towards this score when I first heard it... again, most of my distaste when towards the recording... but subsequent listens and dozens of viewings later this is something that we have all been waiting for, for a very, very long time.

And there is Romantic Flight! I've just melted away....

And the isolated score from the best scene in the film, Forbbiden Friendship

I guess I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. If get goosebumps, a lump in my throat, tears welling up in my eyes and this warm sense of joy in my heart while watching a film or hearing a great piece of music - even after repeated viewings - then someone must be doing something right.

-Erik-

Word!

I don't get why some people don't seem to get it. Thsi score is in my top20 of all-time too, and the movie is excellent.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    KevinSmith wrote
    Over the last few days:

Correction: One of Horner's better animation efforts.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    On a grumpy note this morning,but seriously enough though:

I really don't like it when people that have spent shitloads of time here, decide to leave entirely and fuck everything else and everyone else behind, 'cause "people don't understand me here anymore". Just because we don't all jizz our pants with the same movies and scores you like (and it's vice versa, why aren't we leaving too?) that doesn't mean you have to leave. I am talking about Steven out of whom i am extremely disappointed (yeah, it's his life i know but i hate when people with whom i've shared so many talks, hours,debates and score, suddenly decide to fuck me over) and statements such as your above, Erik.

What, is it a thread or something? Of course everybody is entitled to do whatever they want and yes, at some point of time i understand that some people naturally have obligations above these which FORCE them to leave, but that's entirely different from departing 'because nobody understands you anymore', you know, departing emo ways. Yeah, i am harsh but i hate it when it happens.

I can't guarantee i'll be here forever, but if i ever leave it won't be because i suddenly turned emo. You wouldn't walk out of your bar buddies because they don't go crazy about the dragon thingy, would you? Why would you do here?

I understand your reaction 100%. It's weird when one has communicated alot with a person online and have come to like them and then they do a Cartman, i.e. "Screw you guys, I'm going home".. Of course some people might have valid reasons to turn down their participation (and it sounds like Erik does), but when some just leave entirely (like Steven), that's kinda hurtful.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    You have no souls, no heart, no emotions and are obviously musical challenged. You poor, poor fools!

wink

I just watched this clip AGAIN and it's hard for me to hold back the tears. The kid in me comes alive! This is what the magic of the movies is all about! And that's only 3 minutes of 98 minutes of brilliance.

You know, I think some of you have been over saturated with average to below average scores that when a truly great score comes around you might not know it right away. Trust me, I had luke warm feeling towards this score when I first heard it... again, most of my distaste when towards the recording... but subsequent listens and dozens of viewings later this is something that we have all been waiting for, for a very, very long time.

And there is Romantic Flight! I've just melted away....

And the isolated score from the best scene in the film, Forbbiden Friendship

I guess I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. If get goosebumps, a lump in my throat, tears welling up in my eyes and this warm sense of joy in my heart while watching a film or hearing a great piece of music - even after repeated viewings - then someone must be doing something right.

-Erik-

Word!

I don't get why some people don't seem to get it. Thsi score is in my top20 of all-time too, and the movie is excellent.

Peter punk

I would put Powell's THE BOURNE SUPREMACY in my top 100, this one is a :shrug: for me but good on you and to each their own as they say. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Coco Avant Chanel - Desplat

"Le Chagrin de Coco" is an absolute heartbreaker.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Ultimate war from Hook

Williams is a GOD in my Home Cinema 5.1

punk punk punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2011 edited
    HARRY GREGSON WILLIAMS - kingdom of heaven

His best score to date, possibly. When i viewed the director's cut of the movie, it all came together so wonderfully. It's a shame for us that he's spending most of his post-man on fire career, writing drones for Tony Scott but one has to make a living.
  4. I'm very annoyed, since I can't find the first DVD of my 4-DVD collector's edition of the film :/.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I'm very annoyed, since I can't find the first DVD of my 4-DVD collector's edition of the film :/.

A forgotten lending maybe?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. No, I never lent the edition. It has to be either somewhere at my brother's, at home or it slipped away somewhere, but I'd never unpack it from my backpack.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    NP: Semi Shigure - Taro Iwashiro

One of the most beautiful and emotional scores from a very talented composer.
  6. KevinSmith wrote
    Over the last few days:

Farewell to the King - Basil Poledouris - One of Basil's best scores.
    A League of Their Own - Hans Zimmer - My favourite Zimmer score.

you are so damn right my brother punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    PawelStroinski wrote
    ...or it slipped away somewhere, ...

I seriously misread it for seconds as "it spirited away"...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  7. plindboe wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Over the last few days:

Correction: One of Horner's better animation efforts.

Peter smile

DAMN RIGHT PETER! cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2 - HANS ZIMMER

I don't feel any sort of shame in saying I enjoy this one a lot. One of my guilty pleasures. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.