• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011
    Thor wrote
    YOYES is beautiful, as are most of Illaramendi's scores. Don't fancy his suspense writing, but his melodies are gorgeous. Melancholic bliss.

This description reminds me of my opinion of Morricone... hehe
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. iTunes random shuffle is throwing up a whole list of weird composers! Fereydoun Shahbazian, Kohichi Sugiyama, Inon Zur, Mikhail Ziv, Barrington Pheloung, Cezary Skubiszewski...and Patrick Doyle. dizzy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : A FAR OFF PLACE - James Horner

Cracking album, love it! cool

I've sold this one long ago... and I won't ever buy another copy. Hated it! vomit

What can I say? We differ! tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. FalkirkBairn wrote
    iTunes random shuffle is throwing up a whole list of weird composers! Fereydoun Shahbazian, Kohichi Sugiyama, Inon Zur, Mikhail Ziv, Barrington Pheloung, Cezary Skubiszewski...and Patrick Doyle. dizzy

But most played composers of the week are all familiar names: Jerry Goldsmith, Howard Shore, Ennio Morricone, Basil Poledouris, James Horner, Chris Young, Brian Tyler & Bernard Herrmann.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    Thor wrote
    YOYES is beautiful, as are most of Illaramendi's scores. Don't fancy his suspense writing, but his melodies are gorgeous. Melancholic bliss.

Too bad his music is so hard to find.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Thor wrote

In the web you can find a few of his scores. And the physical CDs must be out of print. I've been recently sharing some of his music in Youtube
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: Galapagos (Mark Isham)

I love theme heard in the 2nd track, The Expedition of a Lifetime. This is a nice, pleasant score that many people might not know about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE TEMPEST (Elliot Goldenthal)

From the sublimely beautiful to the rather gritty. Typical Goldenthal.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011 edited
    NP: Le cinèma de Maurice Jarre

The 4 cd box from Universal France.

Jarre was the best film composer ever for percussion. punk

(Playing at he moment: Villa Rides!)
  4. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : A FAR OFF PLACE - James Horner

Cracking album, love it! cool

I've sold this one long ago... and I won't ever buy another copy. Hated it! vomit

What can I say? We differ! tongue

Sometimes, but not most of the time. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011 edited
    NP: KillZone 3 - Joris de Man

Wow. After listening to the first 5 tracks, it seems like Joris took the best aspects of the 2nd score, the orchestral writings and themes, and expanded it for the sequel score. An excellent start, I feel. It's full-bodied symphonic writing with a nice sized choir behind it. Very epic and unexpected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't know if this works for you but much of Illarramendi's music can be found on iTunes.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  5. lp wrote

Wow. After listening to the first 5 tracks, it seems like Joris took the best aspects of the 2nd score, the orchestral writings and themes, and expanded it for the sequel score. An excellent start, I feel. It's full-bodied symphonic writing with a nice sized choir behind it. Very epic and unexpected.

You've already found it? Where ???

I'll say it again... Joris De Man knows how to write in an oldschool symphonic fashion based on themes with cool fanfares thrown into the mix and I will be watching his every move from now on. And it sounds epic? Well, I didn't expect anything else, I simply wonder how epic!!! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DreamTheater wrote
    lp wrote

I'll say it again... Joris De Man knows how to write in an oldschool symphonic fashion based on themes with cool fanfares thrown into the mix and I will be watching his every move from now on. And it sounds epic? Well, I didn't expect anything else, I simply wonder how epic!!! punk

I didn't expect it to be out so soon. But it was released on iTunes this past Tuesday.

I really enjoy his, somewhat aggressive, and assured, writing style. He does incorporate some modern percussion into the latter tracks, but it's done well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CONAN THE BARBARIAN - Basil Poledouris

It's been too long since I listened to this wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: VAMP (Jonathan Elias)

The suspense writing ain't that interesting, but the funky/delicious 80's synth grooves definitely are!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    lp wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    lp wrote

I didn't expect it to be out so soon. But it was released on iTunes this past Tuesday.

I really enjoy his, somewhat aggressive, and assured, writing style. He does incorporate some modern percussion into the latter tracks, but it's done well.

I'm currently down to the last 1/3 of the album, and noticing that the orchestra have disappeared, leaving behind the synthesized version, replete with synthetic percussion. So, in a way, it is exactly like KillZone 2. So if you like that album, you'll love this. I have no problem with it, since the overall action writing is on par, if not better than KZ2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: O'HORTEN (Kaada)

Quirky, Yann Tiersen-style score for weird Norwegian film a few years back.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    The Red Canvas - James Peterson

First listen = good score. I wonder how it fits into the movie, probably a bit overbearing but who cares?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  6. Yes please, let's still have films that have overbearing music in them, you know, the ones you sit up and notice while watching, you know, of the "bombastic, hear me how awesome I am" kind that was the standard in the 70s and 80s (and 90s too).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Red Canvas - James Peterson

First listen = good score. I wonder how it fits into the movie, probably a bit overbearing but who cares?

I've seen the film... which sucks... but the music was great in the movie!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I had a listen to Cinema Concertante a new release on Oehms today. I have to admit I got rather tired of listening to 40 minutes of Morricone on a pan flute but really enjoyed the arrangement of The Pink Panther theme.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
  7. NP: Snape To Malfoy Manor - Deathly Hallows (Desplat)

I love how in this cue, Desplat makes a perfect musical representation of the end of the Harry Potter saga. The celesta, glockespiel and woodwinds represent the magical world (and sound) of Harry Potter And the strings and chorus represent the darkness in the which this world has fallen
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    The Spitfire Grill - James Horner

One of Horner's better dramatic yet intimate scores. Wonderful theme and variation with lots of emotion.
  8. Great score and a bit forgotten in the end.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. NP: Por Fin Llego La Primavera - Tiempo de Tormenta (Angel Illarramendi)

Beautiful. I love when Illarramendi writes jolly music
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Jeremy Soule

Ambient video game music, nothing to see here, move right along.
  10. Oblivion was quite a poor effort compared with some of the earlier efforts: I was quite disappointed. But the YouTube clip (linked to elsewhere) of The Elder Scrolls V music has certainly got me interested for the next installment.
  11. KevinSmith wrote
    The Spitfire Grill - James Horner

One of Horner's better dramatic yet intimate scores. Wonderful theme and variation with lots of emotion.

There is so much about that score that love. It's one of my favorite 5 Horner scores. Beautiful stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ANGEL ILLARAMANDI - yoyes

I have no words, stunning.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.