• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2011
    I thought it was just one outing too many for Moore. His age so shows in this one.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I thought it was just one outing too many for Moore. His age so shows in this one.

It does, he looks a bit 'chalk' like. A friend of mine used to refer to this one as the one starring Roger Mortis.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    He was definitely up there. Oldest looking bond I've seen. Not including Never Say Never Again of course. wink I would agree that he was too up there at that point.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    How old was Sean when he did Never Say Never?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. A Patch of Blue - Jerry Goldsmith

Not a bad score. It's probably a bit too intimate for my liking. But it has a lovely theme though, the 2-3 minutes of it from various Goldsmith concert arrangements would be enough for me.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2011 edited
    KevinSmith wrote
    A Patch of Blue - Jerry Goldsmith

Not a bad score. It's probably a bit too intimate for my liking. But it has a lovely theme though, the 2-3 minutes of it from various Goldsmith concert arrangements would be enough for me.

I agree, it's lovely but I don't need too much of it. I would say it's the most delicate score Goldsmith wrote.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

I found out for myself, Sean was 53 when he did the film, he's 3 years younger than Roger Moore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

It does, he looks a bit 'chalk' like. A friend of mine used to refer to this one as the one starring Roger Mortis.

Agree. It's not awful, but it stretches credibility a bit too much. I like the score a lot (though whether I think it's the best one for a Roger Moore Bond film I'm not sure - I do like Moonraker and Golden Gun).
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    NP: Vatel by Morricone Not a fan of most of the vocal tracks, but I enjoyed the rest of the cd a lot.
  2. NP: Pompei - Titoli De Testa (Marco Frisina)

What a main theme!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

I found out for myself, Sean was 53 when he did the film, he's 3 years younger than Roger Moore.
    screw him. Question is when did bieber say that.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. AN AMERICAN TAIL - JAMES HORNER

Utterly delightful with some great typical Horner cues. The songs are charming enough for the film and score.

Even though his style has changed a lot, I'd love to hear him do another animated feature, a Pixar would be awesome!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011 edited
    NP : This Is... Cult Fiction Royale - Various

So many great themes on this double CD album !
    I'm having a blast listening ! cool

Tracklist is here if you're interested ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011 edited
    NP: RANGO - Hans Zimmer

Just the suite, because of the fragmented nature of the rest of the album, full of dialogue snippets to apparantly fill an album worth of material. The suite is very entertaining, though - exactly what you can expect from Zimmer for a project like this. Don't think in terms of quality, but in a quirky sound and a dominating enjoyable theme reminiscent of Sherlock Holmes, Pirates and Broken Arrow. Too bad it couldn't be released as a proper 50 minute score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

screw him. Question is when did bieber say that.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSH!!!

Dear esteemed friend, what the hell are you talking about?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    NP : This Is... Cult Fiction Royale - Various

So many great themes on this double CD album !
    I'm having a blast listening ! cool

Tracklist is here if you're interested ... wink

Excellent album! punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb - Clint Bajakian

The perfect amount of fun, adventure, and Indy for a Sunday morning.
  4. Drumline - John Powell

One of my favorite Powell scores. I love how in such a early stage of Powell's career, he founded his sound. The main theme and Devon's theme are very cool. I hope this score has a proper release
  5. omaha wrote
    Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb - Clint Bajakian

The perfect amount of fun, adventure, and Indy for a Sunday morning.

Some of the best action cues in videogame history. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    yonythemoony wrote
    Drumline - John Powell

One of my favorite Powell scores. I love how in such a early stage of Powell's career, he founded his sound. The main theme and Devon's theme are very cool. I hope this score has a proper release

I would say Evolution in the earliest to have his sound.
  6. Anthony wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    Drumline - John Powell

I would say Evolution in the earliest to have his sound.

Ah. Yeah, Drumline was released 2002, and Evolution is from 2001.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Agent Cody Banks does it best. cool
  7. INCEPTION - HANS ZIMMER

One of the few 2010 scores I've heard, and it's a good one. cool
  8. The Beyondness of Things - John Barry

It`s not bad, a bit expendable in terms of alluding to previous (and better) Barry scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    INCEPTION - HANS ZIMMER

agree !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    INCEPTION - HANS ZIMMER

agree !

I've decided that just from the number of times I've played this, Inception is the best score of last year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE COLOR PURPLE (Quincy Jones)

Lovely theme, and some raw and dirty blues. Nice Americana.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. ^^ Too bad there aren't more famous black composers. Aside from Jones, there's only Terence Blanchard that I know of...
  11. Thor wrote
    NP: THE COLOR PURPLE (Quincy Jones)

Lovely theme

The Delerue theme?
  12. The Saint - Graeme Revell

Other than the good love theme, I thought that the whole score would be a bit more action based.