• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE ABYSS - Alan Silvestri

Well whaddaya know, I just really fancied spinning it again cool

All your spinning almost makes me want to watch the film ............ again. And I've only seen it for about 15 times already. smile

I'm happy with the score, I've seen the film a few times and that really is more than enough, I'm not saying it's bad ( it's not ) it's just that I don't need to see it again.

I'm just not into underwater movies.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Centurion - Ilan Eshkeri

Bland but enjoyable, Zimmer esque and not very memorable.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  1. NP: Source Code - Chris Bacon

Just finished this but to be honest I'm not sure I listened to it all - though I do seem to be missing a specific length of time in my memory that corresponds exactly to the length of the CD!

Not very memorable at all - look out for a review soon.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    I think La La Land's release of The Edge is superb as the complete presentation really opens the score up. It a wonderful listening experience of one of Goldsmith's last truly great scores!

-Erik-

Agree with every word Erik, a rare C&C release that really improves on the original listening experience.

NP The 7th Voyage of Sinbad Herrmann

Some people find this Debney rerecording to be off in terms of tempo, I Don't! My favourite rerecording of all time, wonderful music, brilliantly performed in stunning sound!
  3. Timmer wrote

I'll just pretend you didn't say that so we can still be friends... wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    John Chambers wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'll just pretend you didn't say that so we can still be friends... wink

shame spin beer

I agree with you on 7th Voyage, has that made up for it? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Hell yes it does! beer biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and I do like underwater music cool
    •  
      CommentAuthoradragon
    NP: Bear McCreary - BSG, Season 2.

I am having a hard time not playing these scores..
  5. Hey adragon, I'll join you with the Bear. beer

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA S3 - BEAR MCCREARY

The composer with the awesome as hell name continues to evolve in season 3, however I don't love it nearly as much as what he came up with for season 2 or 4. Some standout cues, but quantity-wise not all over the place like with the previous album. But It does make for fine listening, original to say the least, miles away from the droning and shitty scores of certain popular composers.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

All your spinning almost makes me want to watch the film ............ again. And I've only seen it for about 15 times already. smile

I'm happy with the score, I've seen the film a few times and that really is more than enough, I'm not saying it's bad ( it's not ) it's just that I don't need to see it again.

Me neither, but I'm into Jim Cameron movies. He can never make a bad film as far as I'm concerned. I'll wisely ignore the fact he helmed Piranha 2, because that one he didn't really direct in his particular style.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

Underwater movies rule!!

I only wish there were made more of them (in high quality).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011 edited
    NP: TRON: LEGACY (Daft Punk)

I can never get enough of this either. Even though it's not an underwater movie.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. UNDER FIRE - JERRY GOLDSMITH

Can you believe the man's brain cells working in perfect harmony back in 1983? It's not hard to tell actually, after the fifth track on the album you're pretty much convinced that Jerry's brain should have been cloned somehow, before it was too late. Sadly, cloning is illegal.

Under Fire is a brilliant work full of melody and masterful choice of instruments! love
  8. Discovering, thanks to that Doyle interview, and subsequent YouTube loaded cues, the beautiful score to "Carlito's Way" (Doyle).

I'm sure there are plenty of fans of it here. I listened to the opening cue, and another -- how is the rest of the score in comparrison?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Carlito's Way is great ! Very emotional and exciting at the same time. Brace yourself for the big final action cue. I consider it one of his best. Lucky I got to buy a used copy cheap a few months ago.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    UNDER FIRE - JERRY GOLDSMITH

Can you believe the man's brain cells working in perfect harmony back in 1983? It's not hard to tell actually, after the fifth track on the album you're pretty much convinced that Jerry's brain should have been cloned somehow, before it was too late. Sadly, cloning is illegal.

Under Fire is a brilliant work full of melody and masterful choice of instruments! love

Great GREAT score! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

Underwater movies rule!!

I do LOVE underwater documentaries though, I should have mentioned that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    UNDER FIRE - JERRY GOLDSMITH

Absolutely. Not only a great score, but a great ALBUM experience as well!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Pfft....you're only saying that to make peace with John Chambers. tongue
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: MOON (Clint Mansell)

Weird, at times dissonant, but strangely hypnotic and otherworldly.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote

Underwater movies rule!!

What about underwater ballet? Be sure to watch the Piranha remake to become an instant fan...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote

IMO, the best scored season of the series!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  10. Thor wrote

I've got a lot of time for that one. 'The Nursery' is a great cue in particular.

NP (or recently, rather): Moses, the Lawgiver (Morricone)

To be honest, apart from the magisterial main theme -- a wonderful piece -- this is HARD WORK. No fun here, no sirree. Compositionally, interesting to hear Morricone working in this improvised monody mode, but it will go back on the shelf for another few years, I think. The theme can be heard on compilations.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  11. NP: Agora (Marianelli)

A Horneresque pleasure... in particular, makes me think of days when Horner was younger and seem to be trying a bit harder to develop himself as a composer.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthoradragon
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

IMO, the best scored season of the series!

-Erik-

I actually don't think one single season is the best, musically. But from the end of the first (shape of things to come) season throughout first disc on season 4 is just "out of this world" music. With an odd cue here and there, of course.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    The Rocket Post - Nigel Clarke & Michael Csanyi-Wills

Such a beautiful score. It's a nice, relatively quiet score with several really beautiful themes (especially the main one). "First Love", "Kiss" and "First Flight" are the standout cues.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  12. Thor wrote

The "Memories" cue is one of my favourites of the decade.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  13. NP: Hierro - Zacarías M. de la Riva

Really enjoying the track "Diego Disappears". The appearance of the choir at the end is a real surprise!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Pfft....you're only saying that to make peace with John Chambers. tongue

Hmmmm/ I tried to think of something witty but couldn't. I've loved underwater docs since the days of watching Jacques Costeau's undersea world.