• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2016
    cheesy
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Have you seen John Debney's Dick?
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  2. Okay, I just found a short-lived FAMILY / game show from 1954 called...

"Funny Boners"

biggrin
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Today it's hilarious, I wonder though what would boner mean in the 1950s biggrin

Or is there actually a last name like that?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Oh right, a "boner" was a stupid error. It does make sense biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. I can hear it now:

Director: "Whoa, whoa, whoa -- you're gonna have to back that camera rig up and make room!"
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. No one's gonna believe me, but after finding two people named Jack Wiener, I now something worse:

Dick Mark

Co-composer of a theme and/or episode scores to a failed TV series not even worth naming.

EDIT:

It was mispelt. It's actually Dick Marx, which is really not any better.
  7. Found an editor named Peter Wood.

No, I was not looking for people with funny names, just adding missing credits to a TV series and found that name in the end credits.
  8. Found a new one:

Randy Lamb

Adam Savage, of "Mythbusters" fame brought him up, saying it was the greatest name and to "Think about it..."
  9. Found a composer named Dick Maas.

It doesn't sound funny until you look up what "maas" means...
  10. justin boggan wrote
    Found a composer named Dick Maas.

It doesn't sound funny until you look up what "maas" means...

Dick Maas is pretty known in the Netherlands and Belgium, most notably as the director of De Lift, Flodder, Amsterdamned, and plenty of others.

I even saw these films, but never noticed he did the music too (ala John Carpenter)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2017
    In Norway, it's the Dutch composer Loek Dikker who has the most 'funny' name since Loek (or rather 'løk' -- the Norwegian word for onion) is slang for the same thing that 'dick' is in English. So it's a double 'dick'!

I've met Dikker, btw. Peculiar guy. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Thor wrote
    (or rather 'løk' -- the Norwegian word for onion)

Oliver Løks ...

... takes coat...
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  12. Edmund Butt. cry
  13. Thor wrote
    I've met Dikker, btw. Peculiar guy. smile

WHOOOAAA. You think he's peculiar. That either means he's normal or he's off the charts coo coo for Cocoa Puffs and symetrical book stacking.
  14. Did you know there was a 1976 short pilot presentation from Filmation for a potential animated series, titled "Dick Digit"?

I lament the fact the title is completely misleading. ;-)
  15. One-time actor and one-time composer: Randy America.
  16. John Debney scores "Brian Banks".

Which also happens to be the name of a TV/film composer...
  17. Hans Zimmer scores "Wonder Woman".

Hans Zimmer does "The Lion King".
  18. Just found out there is an actor named: Sam Bottoms

So ... who tops?
  19. There's a writer named Dick Joy.

Think I made that up?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGCgpQMPYCg (credited in the end credits)
  20. So … there was a writer named Peter Packer. Found him on an episode of "The Virginian".
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2024
    Is "Packer" slang for penis? I thought it was a pun on Peter Parker/Spider-Man for a moment.
    I am extremely serious.
  21. No, but "Peter" is. So think: Penis Packer. With "Packer" being slang for putting/cramming it in.