• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Forgive a shameless bit of self promotion, but I thought I would share a project which has taken up a lot of my effort outside of work over the last year and a half. If you haven't heard much from me lately, it's been because of The Secret Film Society: www.secretfilmsociety.net

The project is actually related to film scoring, actually, as a few of the films are still being scored in anticipation of next week's screening. The set of films will feature new scores by a number of emerging composers, including Me-lee Hay (who did additional music on Penelopa), Patrick Nellestein, Christina Christensen & Giovanni Laniado (now based in Italy).

So anyway, just thought I'd share. Obviously it won't be easy for most people to be there, but the ten productions of the society to date will be screening next Thursday (March 3) at the Chauvel cinema in Sydney. smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011
    Now it's not a secret anymore?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Australians have a sense of humour. (As did our Canadian colleague, Brian Lye, actually.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    Michael, do you have a facebook page?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011
    It's on the main page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106255392785076
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. This went very, very well. We didn't expect to sell out a cinema on our first showing. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2011
    beer

Good on ya, cobber!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    what I would have said beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    excellent ! Very glad for you dear michael. Keep us posted.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Well done! How has the reception been? Will the movies be put online?
    Kazoo
  4. Reaction has been very positive. Will we put them online -- not quite yet. There will hopefully be more such screenings and a round of short film festival placements first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great. Seems like you have a lot going for this thing.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Hum. The Not-So-Secret Film [Scoring] Society.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. It's been a secret for two years. That's long enough. wink