• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HITMAN ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK
    TO BE RELEASED BY LA-LA LAND RECORDS ON DECEMBER 11TH

Based on the Top-Selling, Video Game Franchise, HITMAN Takes Aim At Moviegoers

(December 4- Burbank, CA) – La-La Land Records will release the soundtrack for HITMAN on December 11, 2007. The film is based on the top-selling, award-winning video game franchise. Emmy® Award winning composer Geoff Zanelli (DISTURBIA, INTO THE WEST) wrote the original music for the film.

Geoff Zanelli attended the prestigious Berklee College of Music. In 1994 he met Academy Award-winning film composer Hans Zimmer and joined Zimmer’s studio team. This experience led to working with composer John Powell on his first Hollywood feature, FACE/OFF, directed by John Woo. Throughout the following years, Zanelli would be called on as a composer and arranger for Powell and Zimmer on many feature films, including THE PRINCE OF EGYPT, ANTZ, the Golden Globe-nominated scores for PEARL HARBOR and THE LAST SAMURAI, and the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN trilogy.

This led to Zanelli scoring David Duchovny's feature directorial debut HOUSE OF D, David Koepp’s SECRET WINDOW and Steven Spielberg's Into The West for Dreamworks/TNT, for which we earned an Emmy® Award for his score. Recently, he scored DISTURBIA, the first live action film from Dreamworks/Paramount since their merger.

Known only as Agent 47, The Hitman (Timothy Olyphant) is a genetically engineered elite assassin. His hallmarks are a lethal grace, unwavering precision, and resolute pride in his work. But even agent 47 couldn’t anticipate a ‘random complication’ in his life of exactitude: the unexpected stirrings of his conscience and the unfamiliar emotions aroused in him by a mysterious Russian woman.

“The filmmakers afforded me a great deal of creative freedom to write the score I felt the story called for,” said Zanelli about his experience on HITMAN. “I wanted to reflect musically the killing machine that 47 is, so tightly in sync with his environment, but give the doomed relationship between 47 and Nika a very different treatment: An exotic, tragic, not-quite-love theme. It was truly rewarding to have the musicians commit to the ideas of the score and approach it with such enthusiasm -- that was the final step in tying the score together.”

20th Century Fox present HITMAN, in theaters on November 21. The HITMAN Original Motion Picture Soundtrack will be available in stores or from www.lalalandrecords.com on December 11, 2007.

###

For more information please contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2007 edited
    Creative freedom???
    That's basically saying it was Zanelli's own choice to rip off Powell...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2007
    He's ripped off Powell?

That's a shame, I was kind of in love with the Disturbia score there for a while................a madness that has now passed of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2007
    See the GEOFF ZANELLI thread.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.