• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011
    Just out of curiosity!
    Wasn't LaLaLand supposed to announce the "Medal of Honor" cd set today... ? Got it postoned?

All best
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011 edited
    Nah, end of March/early April was what they said.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011
    Anthony wrote
    Nah, end of March/early April was what they said.

Ah, okay.
    Must have been a mistake on my behalf then.... thanks for clarifying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2011
    Funny, I just listened one to one of his MOH scores two days ago.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  1. Talos wrote
    Funny, I just listened one to one of his MOH scores two days ago.

Don't we all! wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2011
    No news regarding the MoH cd set yet? confused
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. I really only want the Giacchino scores, not the other scores.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2011
    KevinSmith wrote
    I really only want the Giacchino scores, not the other scores.

You'd be missing out because Lennertz's scores are just as good as Giacchino's.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. I don't like MOH: Rising Sun nearly as much as Giacchino's entries. I don't know, something about his writing doesn't excite me all that much.

Whenever I'm a couple of tracks in the album, I want it to be over. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    I don't like MOH: Rising Sun nearly as much as Giacchino's entries. I don't know, something about his writing doesn't excite me all that much.

But the main theme of European Assault alone is worthy of the entire box punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I don't like MOH: Rising Sun nearly as much as Giacchino's entries. I don't know, something about his writing doesn't excite me all that much.

But the main theme of European Assault alone is worthy of the entire box punk

I agree. I can't wait to order this set.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2011
    beer Likewise! I'm really excited for this one.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2011
    When should it be released?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I heard April 12th.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nothing has been confirmed yet!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No, but that's what I heard. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011 edited
    Listen up, soldiers – La-La Land Records and EA Games are proud to announce an 8 disc set of music from the MEDAL OF HONOR video game series. This massive collection features music from 9 games – over 10 hours of some of the finest orchestral music ever recorded for the gaming world! Extensive liner notes by Dan Goldwasser go into detail about the series and its music. Each disc has been remastered from elements found in the EA vaults as well as from the composers’ personal collection.

Discs 1-6 feature music from the first 8 games (Medal of Honor 1999, MOH Underground, MOH Frontline, MOH Allied Assault, MOH Pacific Assault, MOH European Assault, MOH Rising Sun, and MOH Airborne).

Disc 7 features the score to MOH 2010 as well as bonus material.

Disc 8 features Bonus Material from AIRBORNE, RISING SUN and EUROPEAN ASSAULT.

This impressive collection comes housed in an attractive reinforced cardboard sleeve that would look pretty nifty in your footlocker or on your shelf.

Forward by Steven Spielberg.

MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION - 8 disc set, 40 page booklet
    Music by Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz and Ramin Djawadi
    LLLCD 1159
    Limited Edition of 2000 units
    Regular Retail Price: $59.98
    Special Sale Price: $54.98

Produced by Steve Schnur, Raphi Lima, Eric Kraber and MV Gerhard
    Mastered by James Nelson, Digital Outland
    Liner Notes by Dan Goldwasser
    Art Direction by David Fein

We will NOT be offering autographed copies of this release.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    LLLCD 1159

-Erik-

Bring it on!!!
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Disc 7 features the score to MOH 2010 as well as bonus material.

If I would buy this set, disc 7 is really the only disc I'd be happy to throw out with the trash. Not even the bonus material will make me hang on to it. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

LLLCD 1159

-Erik-

punk

Can't wait to order this set.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    This set actually comes with 7 discs and one fine coster!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Will it be a good coaster at that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

I doubt it will replace my 300 and Clash of the Titans (2010) coster but it's not far off.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

I doubt it will replace my 300 and Clash of the Titans (2010) coster but it's not far off.

-Erik-

It will eventually once all those mugs of steaming hot coffee take their toll.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Can you believe that I have 3 copies of the 300 score? Ewwwww. But that means 2 extra coasters!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Can you believe that I have 3 copies of the 300 score?

Why?
    confused

Gifts, I take it?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, I was just trying to think of who Erik doesn't like? I thought of Sunil but he'd think it was proof Erik loved him.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorLars
    i'm glad, that they release all medal of honor scores in this box. djawadi's score is different, but i like his music for the game. all 3 composers did a good job in their own way. all scores have good themes, good instrumentations and their music creates a good atmosphere in the games. this box is a fantastic release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Can you believe that I have 3 copies of the 300 score?

Why?
    confused

Gifts, I take it?

Remember I have a radio show and promos come through the door daily. The first version was an advance CD-r with a black and white track listing for a cover. The second was the official release and the other was a release with different art work. It may have had some extra tracks... I don't know. That one is still wrapped up and buried in my backyard!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Lars wrote
    i'm glad, that they release all medal of honor scores in this box. djawadi's score is different, but i like his music for the game. all 3 composers did a good job in their own way. all scores have good themes, good instrumentations and their music creates a good atmosphere in the games. this box is a fantastic release.

Let's correct a few wrong choice words. All the scores except Djawadi's effort have GREAT themes and GREAT instrumentation. Yes, Djawadi's is different and services the game well... I guess... but it's the black sheep of the Medal of Honor family and not having it in this box set wouldn't have upset me.

-Erik-