• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hi all,

I have always found that one way of showing your soundtrack love is having a score-centric ringtone on your cell phone.

It goes off multiple times a day, you can enjoy a nice tune, and you might even get some positive reactions afterwards (depending on your choice of course).

I had a bit of 'Prelude to war' from McCreary's Battlestar Galactica for some time, but now I've switched to Ennio's 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly' which gets me quite some smiles when people hear it (on the train, or in a conference meeting or something of the sort).

What about you guys.

What kind of ringtones do you use?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011 edited
    Having a soundtrack as a ringtone is something I have never considered and wouldn't want anyway.

My ringtone actually sounds like a phone. Call me old-fashioned! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011
    I'd love to have The good, the bad and the ugly as a ringtone, alas my cellphone is from the 17th century and I doubt I could do it.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I don't use soundtracks, though building up to a bond film I'll change my ringtone to that. This is what I use now. And... now for some Williams. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Having a soundtrack as a ringtone is something I have never considered and wouldn't want anyway.

My ringtone actually sounds like a phone. Call me old-fashioned! wink

yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I have an ordinary ringtone because I don't want to get beaten up on the bus.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I've usually got my custom-edited versions of some favourite tracks as a ringtone, including Hedwig's Theme, the Independence Day theme, Raider's March and He's A Pirate. Current one is "Liberation" from 127 Hours. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    i have a ring ring sound . I wouldn't want people to look at me angrily whenever my phone goes off in public places. And rightfuly so i would say because most ringtones are disturbingly loud and at times ridiculous ( kesha vomit bieber vomit gaga vomit )
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    i have a ring ring sound . I wouldn't want people to look at me angrily whenever my phone goes off in public places. And rightfuly so i would say because most ringtones are disturbingly loud and at times ridiculous ( kesha vomit bieber vomit gaga vomit )

I admit, it's a bit of a search to find a ringtone that doesn't piss people off, but it can be done. Me personally, I don't know what I hate most, awfull Lady Gaga sounds, or badly simplified classical music.

But I find having a beautiful score ringtone, a way of sharing my love for scores.
    After my phone went of for the first time in my office, my colleague (a big Ennio's fan) actually said his son had the same ringtone.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2011 edited
    I've never had film music as ringtones. I usually prefer just to have somewhat discrete ringtone that comes with the phone. However, I once had the opening brass motif from Oingo Boingo's "Dead Man's Party" as the ringtone on one of my old (and now ruined) phones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJmkqiw73aM

With the Elfman connection, I guess there's a film music link there.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I have a small snippet of Horner's Krull as my ringtone. Not very subtle I know but I wanted something I would hear at all times, and this does the job.

It's not something most people would know, but it could get someone interested by saying: Flippin' hell, that rocks!!!! smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Sharing film music with the general public is something that, in my experience, just raises peoples' eyebrows. And not in a good way!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    therefore the ring ring selection smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2011
    The only ringtone I would consider having is the Our Man Flint one, I don't even think it's by Goldsmith either.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Sharing film music with the general public is something that, in my experience, just raises peoples' eyebrows. And not in a good way!

You can take my word for it: I'm very nerdy in that sort of way and I don't care.

So either Krull raises eyebrows or makes hands go up like punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2011 edited
    My ring tone is just a recording of my voice going "rinkel" (Dutch for the "ring" sound) in a rather bored way.

However, my text alert is R2-D2 calling attention (from The Empire Strikes Back) and my email alert is the Detroit Nightly News jingle from Robocop. My alarm is the main theme from Curse Of Monkey Island. smile

Oh, and speaking of Robocop...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2011 edited
    Martijn wrote
    My ring tone is just a recording of my voice going "rinkel" (Dutch for the "ring" sound) in a rather bored way.

biggrin

I have none. I use the trembler. (is that a correct word?)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2011
    Worrying about the accuracy of a word or phrase seems rather out of character for you, Bregt? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Martijn wrote
    However, my text alert is R2-D2 calling attention (from The Empire Strikes Back) and my email alert is the Detroit Nightly News jingle from Robocop. My alarm is the main theme from Curse Of Monkey Island. smile

Having Artoo warn you of an incoming message is just plain awesome. Wish I would've thought of that. punk