• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2007
    As you have noticed, some serious prblems over here. It only affects the forum part of the website and strangely enough, there's not really an error I can find, other than just randomness.

Please before you post, copy your message in case there's this error again. I'm looking for a solution whole day already, but I didn't find it yet. Tomorrow is an other day.

Thanks for your patience.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2007 edited
    I am confident it's a problem of your provider, and not you, since the problem is off and on and it couldn't be because of busy servers, because the forum wasn't that crowded today at all. Maybe write a more irritated response to them, after they blame-shifted it towards you? I mean, you are a paying customer, right?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007
    Same as Bob, off and on?! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It now worked fine here at 5o'clock in the night/morning.
    Defenitely a proof it is not my fault.
    Lets see what happens tomorrow.
    Kazoo
  1. same here, you clicked and an error, you returned and then it worked, however I always saw an error message of several lines through the forum, everything was there except these lines cut through everything.

I guess its indeed a server issue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Does anyone stil have problems?
    Here it all works fine now?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It works all fine for me now.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Isn't it mostly when the forum is busy that the problems occur? It's working fine now, but there are few online.

Peter cow
  2. now is everything running smoothly again wink
  3. No problems here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    plindboe wrote
    Isn't it mostly when the forum is busy that the problems occur? It's working fine now, but there are few online.

Yesterday it was different.

I think there were no problems the past weeks, even when it was very busy and crowded? (except for yesterday then)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007 edited
    Perhaps it's simply because the site has become too busy, compared to last weekend.

Perhaps the same thing will happen later today, when the americans wake up and the site becomes busier.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I hope not. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Perhaps you should hope, because then we would have a possible explanation for the problem. wink

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    On and off.
    Off an on.

At this time the forum page won't even display properly.

It's indeed very likely (in my opinion) that the site is hosted on a server that seems unable to deal with the number of requests, either by fault of its many co-hosts, or because it's underspecced.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...at least the posting proper seems to work now. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...except the post went through, and then the page timed out. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    They say it is me. I sould use persistent mysql connections and such, but there's no need for that. It worked fine the past two weeks, I didn't change a thing. I changed the php memory access too, but that doesn't halp much either.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    test
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    test
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    ola
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    hababahababahahaashitspel
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What's the difference between using persistent and non-persistent MySql connections?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    the usual behavior is whe the page is loaded and sent to your browser, the connection closes, so each time you request a page, it opens the connection. persistent means it connections stay "open" as long as the user is in the session. but the non-persistant worked perfectly the past two weeks...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, not any more. In fact, it's a bit of a nightmare.
    Is there any reason to not go to persistent connections (if even for the time being while maybe we can work on trpoubleshooting the issue).

Yes, there is some risk the server's resources may get overloaded, but I'm not sure what the threshold is, or how many resources the current server is able to offer.
  4. I hope you have a solution Bregt, because I surely don't!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Test
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The Force is strong with Young Bregt.
    Indeed he HAS become powerful.

We seem to be up and running again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Should work better again.

Note to self: Don't panic.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Indeed: the internet is mostly harmless.