• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    I could use some help on this one. I'm featuring one of his recordings on my show very soon and I have no idea how to pronounce the mans name.

Once this is resolved you are more than welcome to delete this thread.

Thanks in advance.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Where is he from?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Right now it sounds like Varoojan Kojeean
  3. If he's Slavic, it's going to be Varooyan Koyeean
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    A native of Beirut, Lebanon.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It doesn't sound like an arabic name at all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Perhaps you should introduce his name with a disclaimer/apology on how you pronounce his name Erik? If, of course, you don't find out how to pronounce it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011 edited
    The name is Armenian in origin.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011 edited
    If my experience of hearing Armenian soccer player named being pronounced is to be trusted, it's Varu-Yan Ko-Jee-An
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    yeah
    What Jon said (though not too much emphasis on the -jee- in Ko-jee-an. More like Ko-gian)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, what Jon and Martjin said.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Erik, "that-conductor-bloke-from-Beirut-with-the-name-that's-Armenian-in-origin-and-that-I-can't-pronounce" could be a less diplomatic alternative.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    How does THIS sound?

Thanks for all of your help, by the way. Much appreciated!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds good to me Erik, not that I know anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011
    Exactly as Jon Broxton said.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Did you listen to the audio file I uploaded, D? Did I get it right?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thanks!

beer

-Erik-