• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. ... and you wish would be re-released someday.

Man, if I had known about some releases earlier in my life, or if I just had ordered them at that moment I wouldn't have CD-r copies of them in my collection. Glad to have some of those thrown away for an official CD these last couple of years.

Here are some I missed out on and I'd so love to swap with the real deal, in a not too expensive way. Maybe these are still available somewhere but for now these are simply unobtainable:

Jerry Goldsmith:
    - Night Crossing
    - The 'Burbs
    - Inchon
    - Forever Young
    - First Knight (the expanded promo which was for sale at SAE (I think) at one point, my brother got a copy, even though it was an unofficial release)

Joel Goldsmith & David Arnold:
    - Stargate SG-1 (pilot)

James Horner:
    - Batteries Not Included
    - Once Upon a Forest
    - We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story

Wojciech Kilar:
    - The Portrait of a Lady

Alan Silvestri:
    - Who Framed Roger Rabbit

John Williams:
    - Spacecamp

Hans Zimmer:
    - Muppet Treasure Island
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. SAE used to sell CDs of dubious origin many years ago. I remember getting expanded versions of Predator and Seven from them - and they were not cheap either. And several others.

How things change!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Who Framed Roger Rabbit was re-released a couple of years ago:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000UZ4C1S/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011
    There's a few I missed out on, John Barry's JAGGED EDGE ( not a score I particularly care about but Barry is the only composer I'm a completist for ) and THE QUILLER MEMORANDUM ( which is superb and I have on LP and CDR ), I can only think that I must have been away travelling or something as there can't be any other reason for me not having these? Oh, and I'm not interested in paying any silly prices for them. Hopefully both will get a rerelease one day.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Antineutrino wrote
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit was re-released a couple of years ago:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000UZ4C1S/

Great!!! Didn't know that. punk

Looks like an order is in ... uhm ... order. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    SAE used to sell CDs of dubious origin many years ago. I remember getting expanded versions of Predator and Seven from them - and they were not cheap either. And several others.

How things change!

Yeah, that was at a time when they were just starting out, not the behemoth they are now? They could get away with it then, not so much now I reckon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011 edited
    There are others where I'm more annoyed with myself, RIPLEY'S GAME by Ennio Morricone comes to mind, I'd seen it for sale on-line and in stores and hesitated, then I saw the film years later and thought the score was fantastic and by then it was too late.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Haven't we all...

I waited too long for The 'Burbs, of course only an idiot would wait with such a score. And I knew the score very well at that moment. face-palm-mt So I'm still looking for it.

Home Alone 2 and Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend are two I got at a fairly steep price on eBay. In hindsight, they are totally worth it though. Love having them officially, the Williams and Goldsmith fan in me was happy. beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've never been that taken with THE BURBS, it's okay but I barely play it.

I'd say make me an offer except that I suspect you're looking for the more recent expanded version, mine is the Varese release from the early 90's.
  7. The Joel Goldsmith one, and "Forever Young" -- you can find yourself happy in the next year or so, DreamTheater.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

I'd say make me an offer except that I suspect you're looking for the more recent expanded version, mine is the Varese release from the early 90's.

The first Varese CD Club edition (shorter version) is a much better album. IMHO, Goldsmith's score is one of his finest!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Home Alone 2 and Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend are two I got at a fairly steep price on eBay. In hindsight, they are totally worth it though. Love having them officially, the Williams and Goldsmith fan in me was happy. beer

I LOVE the Home Alone 2 deluxe edition score. It's my favorite Home Alone score by a long shot!

Baby is solid as well but I haven't played it since it was first released a few years ago. Hummmm... it's not a bad score but I never had the urge to play it.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

The first Varese CD Club edition (shorter version) is a much better album. IMHO, Goldsmith's score is one of his finest!

-Erik-

Considering how much I changed my opinion on THE ABYSS, I think I'd better give it another listen wink

The Varese CD Club edition was the only release of THE BURBS until the recent expanded....right??
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    The Varese CD Club edition was the only release of THE BURBS until the recent expanded....right??

Correct!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Tony Thomas LP collection. I had no idea how limited they were at the time. I got some of them but not nearly all of them
    listen to more classical music!
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I LOVE the Home Alone 2 deluxe edition score. It's my favorite Home Alone score by a long shot!

Baby is solid as well but I haven't played it since it was first released a few years ago. Hummmm... it's not a bad score but I never had the urge to play it.

-Erik-

Same here about Home Alone 2, another case of good old John going all out for a sequel score and providing a more enjoyable and superbly arranged album in the end.

Baby I just had to have for the final cue (and some others as well) and I missed it on release.
  9. Timmer wrote

You suspected right, the expanded is double the fun for me. So you can keep your old release... smile
  10. justin boggan wrote
    The Joel Goldsmith one, and "Forever Young" -- you can find yourself happy in the next year or so, DreamTheater.

Forever Young getting an expanded treatment? cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    I'm trying to think, but I have trouble remembering ANY CD I've missed out on that I really, really wanted.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011 edited
    Well, there's the recent Elfman/Burton box (not for the expanded versions, obviously, but for the unreleased oddities, the book and the video material), but that's a deliberate choice, as I can't afford it. I want to put that $500 (plus shipping plus customs plus taxes) into a trip somewhere instead.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I'm trying to think, but I have trouble remembering ANY CD I've missed out on that I really, really wanted.

Everything John Barry wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Well, there's the recent Elfman/Burton box (not for the expanded versions, obviously, but for the unreleased oddities, the book and the video material), but that's a deliberate choice, as I can't afford it. I want to put that $500 (plus shipping plus customs plus taxes) into a trip somewhere instead.

even if I was a fan it takes a lot of justification to fork out 500 big ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

even if I was a fan it takes a lot of justification to fork out 500 big ones.

Absolutely. It'll probably be around $700 too when all costs are accounted for. That's like 75%, at least, of the entire budget (hotel, airplane, extra cash) of a weekend trip to a European city.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradragon
    Still bugs me that Goonies went under the radar.. don't know how it could. AND Die Hard, back in the days.. still a big whole in my Kamen collection that one. There is rumours of a re-release of Die Hard though.. but since it's Mark at La-la who seem to be the source of the rumour, I try not to get my hopes up.
  11. Die Hard, I should really give it a listen someday. Not much of a Kamen fan, but I thought some of the stuff he did for the Die Hards and the Lethal Weapons was pretty hot.

I love how he introduced a new motif for each new character in the 3 LW-sequels. The one for Leo Getz always cracks me up when he shows up, like in LW3. And the way he used asian style to the main action music in LW4.
  12. For me it was Rain Man.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  13. It's sold out? Wasn't Rain Man able to tell you in exactly how many seconds it would've sold out? sad

BUMMER !
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm contemplating selling my RAIN MAN, actually.

The score rocks, but the sound quality leaves a little too much to be desired, IMO (even though they've done their best from the sources they had at their disposal).
    I am extremely serious.
  14. I wish I could find the original Burbs album, all I can find is the Deluxe (which is too long for that kind of material).
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2011
    Well, if all you can find is the Deluxe (and at a reasonable price) you can quickly create a CD-r of the original Varese release from the Deluxe Edition. Plus, you get remastered sound and liner notes.

From the deluxe edition extract the following tracks

1. Night Work (Main Title) (02:38)
    2. The Window / Home Delivery (02:22)
    5. Good Neighbors (02:06)
    6. Let’s Go (02:04)
    8. The Sentinel (03:22)
    9. My Neighborhood (02:04)
    14. The Dream (02:34)
    17. Snooping Around (00:50)
    22. Hot Wires (02:39)
    28. Something Is Moving (01:46)
    30. My Skull / The Gurney (02:24)
    32. Pack Your Bags (02:15)
    33. Square One (End Credits) (04:14)

-Erik-