• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2011
    I decided to open a new thread for this show only because it's a special one and just in case there is some discussion about my selections (you need to listen to the show to find out what they are) then instead of clogging up the original Cinematic Sound thread we can talk about my list here.

Anyway, I’m probably the last one to do this but you can now hear my selections for the best scores of 2010 by going to www.cinematicsound.net. Just think of it as another excuse to re-listen to some of the best music composed last year. Like all of my other “Best of” shows I won’t be revealing the titles of the scores I will be playing however I will let you know that you will hear music from Alexandre Desplat, John Powell, Christopher Gordon, Bear McCreary, Conrad Pope, Danny Elfman and more. Enjoy the show.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011
    A bit late now but I will be listening soon. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Looking forward to hearing it. I haven't heard as many of the big scores from the last year as I normally would have, so there will be discoveries here, I think.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I will look forward to the listen and your sound opinion
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011 edited
    A big punk to all of you who continue to listen to and support my program. It really means a lot!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Listening!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011 edited
    Interestingly, I did a radio show/podcast on the film music of 2010 too a couple of months ago, but we centered more on the non-orchestral stuff (INCEPTION, TRON, SOCIAL NETWORK etc.). So two different angles on the same year there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011 edited
    Well, Tron made the list. wink

Question: Is it fun not knowing the titles before you listen to my best of show or should I just list the Top 10 right away?

-Erik-
  2. It's more fun trying to figure them out! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011
    Ok... cool!

-Erik-
  3. Yeah, I like finding out what they are as the show unfolds. Great show, Erik. Thanks. Your "best of" shows might be my favorite thing that you do. I had forgotten how enjoyable your #10 pick was until I heard it again. Your thoughts on your #1 choice mirror mine EXACTLY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011
    Very, very cool! Thanks for the feedback and I'm really glad you enjoyed the show, Christopher!

-Erik-